Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
they should be able to at least provide you with a rental, that sux. Looks like you're way out in the boonies, Breaking Bad territory lol.
Yep. lol
Aztek.jpg
Sponsored

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
The mt82 strikes again and claims another victim .... Sorry to hear your stranded glad your ok and it didn't cause any safety issues . But damn ford I really was thinking about going from auto to mt82 but seems scary to be honest.

NWs550

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
IMHO I drive fairly conservatively. But it is a GT and loves WOT :headbang:

That being said I have never used the LC or burnout modes. Never power shifted and I take great care of her.

Also it's a daily driver and has no modifications.

Sorry for your troubles..but I have to call BS. Something happened..

Regardless you should be covered by warranty. Call the dealership where you purchased the vehicle and demand(politely) a loaner/rental at their expense.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
MT82 is hot garbage; really wish they'd go with the tremac like in the GT350.

Sponsored

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Trade it in for an A/T and be done with the problems that the junk M 82 has,Ford has had the problems since they put the M82 in the Mustang,that is why my 11 has a A/T. Good luck!!

OP
OP

Armo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ui
Sorry for your troubles..but I have to call BS. Something happened..

Regardless you should be covered by warranty. Call the dealership where you purchased the vehicle and demand(politely) a loaner/rental at their expense.
Totally agree. I know what your thinking about the "BS"... Allow me to provide more reassurance.

I owned a S197 before my current S550. My old car has almost the same transmission and engine. I recall seeing articles about issues with the transmission and laughed it off. I thought the user accounts of transmission issues were skewed because many Mustang owners have somewhat of a rough reputation...

I assumed, like you, that there was no manufacturer issue because the transmission in my S197 was amazing and had absolutely no reliability issues. I drive my new car like I drive my old car - IMO conservatively. Yet my new Mustang had a fatal transmission issue within the first year of ownership. :mad:

OP
OP

Armo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ui
If you are under warranty they should put you in a rental..... My 2013 Fusion had a fuel fill inlet issue.... warrantied and got 4 rentals b4 they finally fixed it. My 2014 5.0 had a noisy rearend they replaced 2 gearsets and 1 housing.... Got 2 rentals that time.... Bought my 2015 with a Roush supercharger and having issues for 3 weeks..... in a rental the whole time...
Wow. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I've been tempted by the Ford Racing (Roush) supercharger because of the great sounding Ford warrantee. However at this point I don't know how much faith I have in Ford's willingness to honor any warrantee.

Good luck to you.

Sponsored

lazarus870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
This scares me into thinking i won't be able to shift this car with any authority. :(

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Damn dude, that's a scary sound. Good god. Hope things work out. Sub'd and will be waiting to hear what happens with this.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
The MT-82 can be great, or it can be less than great. My friend has an S197, and his shifter/transmission feels great. Much smoother than the one in my 350Z.

But then there are the cases like this.

Seems like the consistency isn't there.

Best wishes to the OP. Hopefully they get you fixed soon, and with one of the good Mt-82 transmissions!

-T

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The MT-82 is great unless your car ended up with a defective one. I've had three cars with MT-82 transmissions and the worst I've ever had was a little niggle going into gear when the car was cold. More of an annoyance than anything. The 2015 version of the MT-82 seems much improved to me.

I disagree that Tremecs are all that much better. Manual transmissions in general are just a little more problematic than autos. More fun IMO, but more problematic. I'm very happy with the performance and drivability of my GT for its price point.

To the OP, I'm sorry to hear about the problems. It should take the dealership less than a day to swap out the transmission. It's hard to believe Ford doesn't have any available. I could see it taking a few days to get one delivered.
Sponsored