Sponsored

Bossing's GT350 journey....

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
Nice, and you found shade! Gorgeous line up indeed!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Worth the read... and cool pics too!

Meet the grassroots crew that took the Viper to the most challenging race track on earth:

BY BOB SOROKANICH
AUG 8, 2017

Dominik Farnbacher isn’t satisfied with setting the third-fastest production-car lap ever recorded at the Nurburgring.

He’s not satisfied with caveats, either. His 7:03.45 run is the fastest manual-transmission lap, the fastest rear-drive lap, and the fastest time ever set with an American car at the harrowing German circuit. It’s also the first ‘Ring
lap he’s driven in the 2017 Dodge Viper ACR without traffic. As first attempts go, it’s a good one, nearly nine seconds faster than Farnbacher’s 2011 record in that year’s Viper.

So Oasis got in contact with Bernie Katz, co-founder of Texas dealership Viper Exchange. Together they launched what is, as far as I can tell, the first self-funded group in Nurburgring history to attempt a production car lap record without OEM support. Their plan came together swiftly. Katz plucked two brand-new, identical GTS-Rs from his inventory to ship to Germany. (The GTS-R Edition is mechanically identical to the Viper ACR Extreme, with a paint scheme paying tribute to the 1997 Le Mans-winning Viper.)
Read entire article here: http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...the-nurburgring-record-dodge-never-attempted/

The Vipers are the only things out there that look like they belong on a racetrack. The ACR Extreme aero package brings a cable-mounted front splitter, dive planes, wide-open hood extractors, deep undertray diffusers, and that outrageous bi-level rear wing. In a strange way, they’re guilty of looking faster than they are. “The car has so much downforce, we only get up to around 283 km/h [176 mph] top speed,” Farnbacher tells me. “The [non-ACR] Viper would easily run over 300 [186] here, I think.” That much downforce is great for normal-length road courses, he says, but at the ‘Ring, where entire sections are run flat-out, it’s a hindrance.

The crew ends up adjusting the rear wing to its least aggressive setting, putting the balance of downforce on the front axle to combat understeer. “If Ralph [Gilles, head of design at Fiat Chrysler] builds another Viper, I will call him and tell him, ‘a little smaller wing.’ And paddle shifters,” Farnbacher quips. The professional racer is sweating the time lost to manual gear changes, a five-second disadvantage by his reckoning.
ring-top-1502203408.jpg

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Two fabulous pairs at my local P-car dealer....

the Guards Red 997.1 GT2 & the Lava Orange 991.1 GT3....

and the Racing Yellow 991.2 Carrera 4S plus of course my Gen2 Avalanche Gray Raptor! :D

36372710131_07b7d739ab_b.jpg

36463567506_63d68e2032_b.jpg

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Two fabulous pairs at my local P-car dealer....

the Guards Red 997.1 GT2 & the Lava Orange 991.1 GT3....

and the Racing Yellow 991.2 Carrera 4S plus of course my Gen2 Avalanche Gray Raptor! :D

36372710131_07b7d739ab_b.jpg

36463567506_63d68e2032_b.jpg
I made the mistake of building a 991.2 GTS on the configurator........:love:

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
#therereallyisnosubstitute :D
IMG_8713.JPG

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
[MENTION=6571]Bossing[/MENTION] - were you taking it easy on the shelbys, or they on the raptor? :D
Most of the Mustangers including the Shelbys would lift when entering the Nascar banks... but no not me, that's when I gun it. Experience. :D

But but but... the Raptor has a factory speed limiter of 107mph max. SMH. :doh:

I volunteered on capturing vids for the club so I either slowed down or sped up to get most of the members' cars on film. That was a fun event! :)

[ame]

[ame]

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Surprised the Chris Harris GT3 review isn't up here.... :)
Almost everyone plus literally all the tracknuts watches Chris Harris.... so how about a recent vid of Archie Hamilton flogging the new .2 3 on the track? He seems not too excited... not. :D ;)

[ame]

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Almost everyone plus literally all the tracknuts watches Chris Harris.... so how about a recent vid of Archie Hamilton flogging the new .2 3 on the track? He seems not too excited... not. :D ;)

Yeah....he doesn't seem excited about that at all lol.

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I'd also be excited if I was on the road and saw these alongside..... courtesy of Monterey peninsula car week.

(997.1 and .2) GT3RS + GT350R cruising along... tandem style.

This was posted by the R owner who also happens to own a P-car as well. See the pattern? :D

And this trio in the southern part.... Malibu. Again courtesy of some P-car owners as well:

These Porsche guys love GT350s... there is a pattern. ;)
Sponsored