BORLA® Exhaust for the GT350

Status
Not open for further replies.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'm curious. Did your car have any CELs? I was under the impression longtubes required a tune.
Depends. If a car has a wideband front O2 sensor, the computer is capable of understanding what is happening after combustion and can adjust certain engine parameters accordingly such as AFR trim and timing. A tune will help maximize those gains as the ECU strategy will be written to take full advantage of the new runners.

If your car did have a CEL, you shouldn't have felt more power.
Again, depends. If you throw a P0430 or 20, why would the car pull back on anything? All it's saying is "Hey EPA, my farts are smellier than normal. Carry on."
Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Depends. If a car has a wideband front O2 sensor, the computer is capable of understanding what is happening after combustion and can adjust certain engine parameters accordingly such as AFR trim and timing. A tune will help maximize those gains as the ECU strategy will be written to take full advantage of the new runners.

Again, depends. If you throw a P0430 or 20, why would the car pull back on anything? All it's saying is "Hey EPA, my farts are smellier than normal. Carry on."
Our car does have a wideband, most cars post '08 do.

Do our cars have the secondary 02? I believe so... Just like Hondas you need the software to disable the secondary 02. Once In a while you'll get lucky and the secondary 02 doesn't trip the CEL when using a longtube.

Not to bring in another vendor into this thread, but lethal states tunes needed with all their off-road piping.

Shadow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow GT350
I'm curious. Did your car have any CELs? I was under the impression longtubes required a tune.

If your car did have a CEL, you shouldn't have felt more power.
My car did not have a CEL when I drove it I'm sure it would have come on in time but it did not come on

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Do our cars have the secondary 02? I believe so... Just like Hondas you need the software to disable the secondary 02. Once In a while you'll get lucky and the secondary 02 doesn't trip the CEL when using a longtube.

Not to bring in another vendor into this thread, but lethal states tunes needed with all their off-road piping.
All cars with catalytic converters and OBD2 have an upstream and downstream O2 sensor. Literally all the downstream O2 does is monitor how dirty the exhaust stream is. Nothing more, nothing less.

The reason why many vendors state tunes are needed for catless or high flow cat offerings is because you'll end up tripping the rear O2 sensors and a CEL will come on. It's also recommended to do so to get the best performance out of certain changes.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
My car did not have a CEL when I drove it I'm sure it would have come on in time but it did not come on
I do believe you. I've done headers and Catless systems on a few vehicles. All the same result. On some vehicles it took 30miles for the light to come in.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
All cars with catalytic converters and OBD2 have an upstream and downstream O2 sensor. Literally all the downstream O2 does is monitor how dirty the exhaust stream is. Nothing more, nothing less.

The reason why many vendors state tunes are needed for catless or high flow cat offerings is because you'll end up tripping the rear O2 sensors and a CEL will come on. It's also recommended to do so to get the best performance out of certain changes.
Correct. When the vehicle has a CEL, it should revert to a closed loop operation. The car will run rich to prevent possible damage.

Been there done that, data logged etc. Perhaps our ecu is different, but again I doubt it.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
easy enough to fool the real O2 in most cases without a tune with an extension

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
My Borla Atak axle back should be here any day this week. I have ARH long tubes, off road X pipes. I'll post a video AS SOON AS I GET THEM. won't take long to install the Borlas.

Shadow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow GT350
Here is the vid I took with the LT headers & ATAK system this was on my iPhone so not the greatest quality but it's somthing for you all to hear. I get my car back tomorrow then I can post a vid with ATAK cat back only with stock header & cats :D

Borla LT & ATAK system
th_trim.5AC3BB98-E721-438C-983D-C1C41B4F4F58_zpsgzg69rk5.jpg

You tube link
[ame]

Last edited:

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Here is the vid I took with the LT headers & ATAK system this was on my iPhone so not the greatest quality but it's somthing for you all to hear. I get my car back tomorrow then I can post a vid with ATAK cat back only with stock header & cats :D

Borla LT & ATAK system
Says deleted

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT

Borla LT & ATAK system
Wooooow, so much better than the shitty stock cans!!! Damn you Borla! I can't spend $2k for axlebacks:(

VoodooThomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Daddy likey, sounds pretty angry at full tilt. I'd like to hear some revs in neutral and normal acceleration. Damn, now I'll have to convince the wife why I need $2k for an exhaust. If the 18hp gain is legit I'm definitely in.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.