Sponsored

Boost spiking/High

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean there's something wrong with it.
Sponsored

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
So I finally got around to returning back to stock...And who would have guessed...same exact issue. Looks almost identical, although the boost is MUCH more choppy stock. DV+ had a nice smooth line since it didn't have any issues holding boost. It's staying between 22-24 psi, but spiking up to 29 psi still. So much for how "awesome and certified" the stock BPV is. I guess the question is...Is it safe to be spiking 7 psi? I doubt an increase of 32% boost is a good thing for the life of the engine.

BoostNewSpike.jpg

BoostNew1.jpg
There's definitely something wrong if you're seeing that much boost. I would double check the boost control solenoid and hoses to make sure they haven't came loose or became broken.

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
There's definitely something wrong if you're seeing that much boost. I would double check the boost control solenoid and hoses to make sure they haven't came loose or became broken.
But that can't be right! Arghx7 says every part Ford put in the EB is amazing and it's just a design feature...

Edkiefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR4ti
There a few things I would check.

1) pressure check WG and all vacuum hoses along with the boost controller valve, making sure no leaks or WG binding (should open/close smoothly with pressure).
2) Check MAP sensor connection, that there no leaks, bad O -ring etc.
3)If you go old mechanical boost gauge, see if it matches your boost logging.

Those spikes amount just seem way high IMO, shouldn't happen.

Last edited:

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Like I stated previously check all the boost lines from the controller (Little black box bolted to the front of the engine with the 10mm bolt to the right of the turbo that go to the turbo, you will have 3 lines, boost reference which comes from the compressor housing, the waste gate line, and the boost recirculating line that vents into the outlet of the turbo. Make sure all the lines are secured properly it would be a good idea to pop that unit off and inspect the hoses and then put it back on.

FYI that is a very cheap part if you think the actual boost solenoid is bad if the hoses look good, its under $40 from TASCA ford and it is listed under Vacuum Harness not boost solenoid (VACUUM HARNESS - FORD (FR3Z-9S468-A)). I had to replace mine as it was doing the reverse it was stuck venting and I could not make enough boost. It can easily not vent as well if the solenoid is fubard. I was banging my head against a wall trying to find a 7-12PSI leak (Car could only hold 10PSI max) everything looked fine, all clamps, hoses etc. Ended up being the solenoid not closing,
Sponsored