Sponsored

bog down on launch

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Tune + pull out fuse 62 and say goodbye to ALL the safety nannies!
Fuse 62 is just ABS, so all you would accomplish is fully disabling ABS and stability control.

Fuse 62 does not limit the ECU's ability to limit torque, that can only be done within the tune as you suggest and most tuners leave some of it there as it is designed to protect the drivetrain, though of course at request you can have it fully disabled.

But on a road car I'd not recommend anyone to pull out fuse 62 as disabling ABS is a bad idea, it is an important safety feature and if you had a bad accident and it was discovered this fuse was missing then insurance pay out could be rejected and you could be landed in a big pile of smelly stuff.
Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Fuse 62 is just ABS, so all you would accomplish is fully disabling ABS and stability control.

Fuse 62 does not limit the ECU's ability to limit torque, that can only be done within the tune as you suggest and most tuners leave some of it there as it is designed to protect the drivetrain, though of course at request you can have it fully disabled.

But on a road car I'd not recommend anyone to pull out fuse 62 as disabling ABS is a bad idea, it is an important safety feature and if you had a bad accident and it was discovered this fuse was missing then insurance pay out could be rejected and you could be landed in a big pile of smelly stuff.
Fuse 62 doesn't disable ABS, just the nannies. Ford's labeling of it is confusing. Torque management etc is not effected I assume, but it is the only way to disable TC and AdvanceTrac at the same time.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fuse 62 doesn't disable ABS, just the nannies. Ford's labeling of it is confusing. Torque management etc is not effected I assume, but it is the only way to disable TC and AdvanceTrac at the same time.
I was under the believe that:

Race Mode: Traction control disabled.
Race Mode & then hold traction button for 5s: Traction control and AdvaneTrac disabled.

I do know traction control fully disables when you hold the button for 5s and that AdvanceTrac does indeed seem to be off, well I've being able to go super sideways, do 360's, elevens etc. :)

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I thought the same, but it appears not. A simple way to check is to turn LC on. LC will only be engaged with TC on. In track mode, LC is enabled. If you hold the TC button down, you'll get Advance Trac off, but LC is still enabled which leads me to believe some TC is still present.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought the same, but it appears not. A simple way to check is to turn LC on. LC will only be engaged with TC on. In track mode, LC is enabled. If you hold the TC button down, you'll get Advance Trac off, but LC is still enabled which leads me to believe some TC is still present.
To be honest I'd not worry, Mac666 on here can drive very well and he just turns Advance Trac off and he has no issues do big drifts and sideways without issue and the car does not try to prevent it. :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cati

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
If you old the traction control switch up for ten seconds it turns everything off to and esc

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
If you old the traction control switch up for ten seconds it turns everything off to and esc
It does not. Turn on LC and hold the TC button and it will say Advance Trac off but LC is still on.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It does not. Turn on LC and hold the TC button and it will say Advance Trac off but LC is still on.
But in those mode the car does not seem to cause any issues. When you can go drifting at over 100mph, hold perfect drifts, do donuts, burn outs etc. for us UK owners the car is not interrupting the fun or hooligism at all. Of course all done a race track! ;)

OP
OP
Cati

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
Mine says esc is off not advance track

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Mine says esc is off not advance track
Hold that button down (well, up to be pedantic) for about 5-10 seconds, it'll turn Advanced Traction off :)
Sponsored