Sponsored

bog down on launch

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
Silly question - but if you want to lay down some 11s it is me or is it pain in this car.

1. turn on mode sport plus
2. Disable traction control
3. Boot it
4. dump the clutch
5. Little bit of wheel spin and then
6. boooooooooggggggggggg

is there something in the engine tunning that stops you being a twat
Sponsored

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
I cannot condone this anti-social behaviour by answering this!.........................

Give me a sec and I will go and try in mine.

Last edited:

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Seriously, I have wondered the same. I found it best in race mode build revs and dump clutch.....and I mean really dump it!

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Just use line lock, and once spinning either press "ok" or tap the brake, to release the lock, and car will take off leaving 2 black lines:thumbsup:

Works on my Auto....:D

Err so I've been told:doh::doh:

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Just use line lock, and once spinning either press "ok" or tap the brake, to release the lock, and car will take off leaving 2 black lines:thumbsup:

Works on my Auto....:D

Err so I've been told:doh::doh:
lol, thats a bit complicated and long winded when you just wanna burn some rubber pulling away from lights.....in a save and orderly manor of course and slowing well before the speed limit has been reached.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Launch control and Line lock will give you zero bog launches. :)

I tested LC at 3200rpm, it smoked the wheels down the road with letting the clutch out smoothly but very quick. :)

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Such a good excuse to use for upgrading to MPSS...

Goes something like this - Oh darling, you look lovely this morning!... by the way, I've just got to nip down to the garage to get some new tyres fitted on the rear of the Mustang as they've worn out really quickly... I don't know why?... just to make sure it's safe when I take you out in it... :barf:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Such a good excuse to use for upgrading to MPSS...

Goes something like this - Oh darling, you look lovely this morning!... by the way, I've just got to nip down to the garage to get some new tyres fitted on the rear of the Mustang as they've worn out really quickly... I don't know why?... just to make sure it's safe when I take you out in it... :barf:
:lol: classic.

Yes these tyres are quite expensive but they are much better in the wet and you can't put a price on safety.....:bolt:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
:lol: classic.

Yes these tyres are quite expensive but they are much better in the wet and you can't put a price on safety.....:bolt:
mine came out about £20 more per tyre than the Pzeros... hardly call that expensive in my eyes :thumbsup:!

Can't put a word to explain the MPSS's grip, it's something else entirely, the car begs to be pushed at the most of times, even with MPSS' on the rear, you can do just that.

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
mine came out about £20 more per tyre than the Pzeros... hardly call that expensive in my eyes :thumbsup:!

Can't put a word to explain the MPSS's grip, it's something else entirely, the car begs to be pushed at the most of times, even with MPSS' on the rear, you can do just that.
Not sure the other half would see £80 more on tyres inexpensive, without some persuading!

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
Silly question - but if you want to lay down some 11s it is me or is it pain in this car.

1. turn on mode sport plus
2. Disable traction control
3. Boot it
4. dump the clutch
5. Little bit of wheel spin and then
6. boooooooooggggggggggg

is there something in the engine tunning that stops you being a twat
What are you revving to before you dump it? I dump about 4,000rpm+ in sport mode and TC off and get a nice long spin.

OP
OP
Cati

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
About 3.5 and then dump have mpss fitted

If I thought I read somewhere about first gear being detuned a bit to stop shock loading the trans... Wonder if a tune would be a good idea now

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!

If I thought I read somewhere about first gear being detuned a bit to stop shock loading the trans... Wonder if a tune would be a good idea now
That could be half the problem. I have found the lack of wheel spin a great advantage with the MPSS tyres but when you wanna be a holigan, they are too good!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3

Yes the stock tune does engage torque limiters in 1st gear, so when applying full throttle even from a rolling start you actually do not get 100% throttle in 1st until around 4500rpm. This can actually aid launching the car for those who struggle to control their right foot.

Tuned cars have the torque limiters relaxed, but not shut off so now I am tuned I can roast the tyres very easily in first gear, well the Pzero anyway, am yet to try the stickier and wider footprint MPSS tyres. :)
Sponsored