Sponsored

bog down on launch

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Not sure the other half would see £80 more on tyres inexpensive, without some persuading!
You clearly have some OH training to do! Asked my wife if she could loan me the cash for my catback .. Yes of course :)
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=12268]mkforks[/MENTION] £20 a tyre, or you being dead, ask her which she prefers. If you have kids/drive with her/ she'll ever drive it, add them in - you'll win ;)!

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Not sure the other half would see £80 more on tyres inexpensive, without some persuading!
Works two ways... tell her you love her dearly and your gonna take her on a shopping trip, then dump her off at Poundworld with a fiver :rules:

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
About 3.5 and then dump have mpss fitted
Could be half your problem. I'm still on stock shite Pirellis. Chirp on 1-2 and 2-3 shifts and i'm not even tuned. :D

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
[MENTION=12268]mkforks[/MENTION] £20 a tyre, or you being dead, ask her which she prefers. If you have kids/drive with her/ she'll ever drive it, add them in - you'll win ;)!
Not only that but MPSS might be £20 a corner but if they last twice as long compared to Pzero, then they actually work out far far cheaper. :)

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Not only that but MPSS might be £20 a corner but if they last twice as long compared to Pzero, then they actually work out far far cheaper. :)
Yep, that was my response to my parents who were like "WHY DIDNT YOU BUY A CHEAP TYRE" (They drive common cars where tyres can be bought for £20-50)

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
mine came out about £20 more per tyre than the Pzeros... hardly call that expensive in my eyes :thumbsup:!

Can't put a word to explain the MPSS's grip, it's something else entirely, the car begs to be pushed at the most of times, even with MPSS' on the rear, you can do just that.
Only thing that you have to watch is when they do let go, you'll be going considerably faster!

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
The difference between the zeros and the mpss in my sizes was £250 quid...

That's five tanks of fuel...:)

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have no problem with laying 11s in my auto. Obviously launches are very different, but maybe in the manual dumping the clutch isn't the way to go? There's enough torque in the cars to break tractional any speed up to about 60mph (depending on road conditions).

Maybe try easing the clutch up to bite then flooring it when the vehicle starts to move - be a torque converter! It probably won't work but I'd be interested to find out if someone's willing to give it a go.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I have no problem with laying 11s in my auto. Obviously launches are very different, but maybe in the manual dumping the clutch isn't the way to go? There's enough torque in the cars to break tractional any speed up to about 60mph (depending on road conditions).

Maybe try easing the clutch up to bite then flooring it when the vehicle starts to move - be a torque converter! It probably won't work but I'd be interested to find out if someone's willing to give it a go.
On mine being a manual I can just pull of like normal and fully release the clutch and then bury the throttle, it will spin the wheels all the way through first gear and partially in second in the dry, so yeah no need to dump the clutch if the goal is elevens. :D

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
On mine being a manual I can just pull of like normal and fully release the clutch and then bury the throttle, it will spin the wheels all the way through first gear and partially in second in the dry, so yeah no need to dump the clutch if the goal is elevens. :D
Exactly that [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] - thanks for translating it into manual speak for me!

OP
OP
Cati

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
Yes on p zeros no on mpss too much friction to break traction

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Tune + pull out fuse 62 and say goodbye to ALL the safety nannies!
Sponsored