Sponsored

body shop abused my mustang, what should I do now?

Kamil250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon
Definitely unacceptable. I'm sure the owner of the shop would want to be aware of this. That guy could be a liability for the business.
Sponsored

Erock503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Definitely unacceptable. I'm sure the owner of the shop would want to be aware of this. That guy could be a liability for the business.
That's a good point. What if that idiot wrecks a customers car, or god forbid kills someone with it. If the owner finds out, I bet that's the last time he takes a joyride in a customers car, if he even still has a job.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Any form of "spy" cam in most states wouldn't be admissible evidence for typically consent issues. You would have to have a big banner stating they are being recorded with audio. It's not whether you can get evidence but rather whether it can be used in court. While other issues with having to overwhelmingly prove damages occurred and many other issues with being able to receive compensation from the other party. Unless they totaled it, you just mediate and settle.
I dont want to start a big thing here, but a camera installed in or on someones property is not a "spy" cam. The video can be used in legal proceedings. What the owner of the vehicle did is not a two party consent issue. Mounting a camera inside or on your car is no different then doing so on your home. None of what is on the videos is worth a court action unless he simply wants to make a point if satisfaction isn't attained from talking to the shop.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I would stay away from threatening auto shop managers with the police, that conversation won't end well for you.

I would certainly show the manager the footage and complain and see what he says.

TC

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Put the screws on

There was someone else who just had this issue from Ohio, he showed them the video, both mechanics were fired
Yep I remember that one. At least get the jerks fired. But never take your car there ever. :mad:

:(

:tsk:

Sponsored

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
I would go hands on if this was my car. First, nothing will bring you more personal satisfaction than administrating a beat down on this perp. Second, taking an ass beating will learn the joy rider a valuable lesson not soon forgotten. If so inclined you could also slap the owner around a bit, but that would be purely optional.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Dinner Reservation

I would go hands on if this was my car. First, nothing will bring you more personal satisfaction than administrating a beat down on this perp. Second, taking an ass beating will learn the joy rider a valuable lesson not soon forgotten. If so inclined you could also slap the owner around a bit, but that would be purely optional.
[ame]

[ame]

bbudman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
At a minimum I would have a long talk with the shop owner and let him know that I was disappointed in the manner in which your vehicle was driven. There is no excuse period, I repeat period, that an employee at any business would operate a customer's vehicle in such a way! It doesn't matter how the customer drives his or her car. They paid for it! Not the shop employee!

Any business owner worth a crap would send this employee packing because they are a liability to the company and had the idiot done something stupid like wrapping the vehicle around a telephone pole I can assure you the business owner would be shopping for insurance once everything was said and done! If I owned this business not only would I give you as discounted rate on the repair I would personally walk the employee off the premises within five minutes of viewing the video.

Last edited:

Rcmchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost 16 PP
Just blast a one star review on yelp with a link to the videos....that definitely wont help their business

OP
OP
BA939P

BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
At a minimum I would have a long talk with the shop owner and let him know that I was disappointed in the manner in which your vehicle was driven. There is no excuse period, I repeat period, that an employee at any business would operate a customer's vehicle in such a way! It doesn't matter how the customer drives his or her car. They paid for it! Not the shop employee!

Any business owner worth a crap would send this employee packing because they are a liability to the company and had the idiot down something stupid like wrapping the vehicle around a telephone pole I can assure you the business owner would be shopping for insurance once everything was said and done! If I owned this business not only would I give you as discounted rate on the repair I would personally walk the employee off the premises within five minutes of viewing the video.
its basically what i did today. thank you:)

Sponsored
OP
OP
BA939P

BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
And what was the body shop owner's reaction/response?
the worker basically said it's the way he drive everyday, and he forgot to he should treat customers car with more care. he appreciated my car, and said he used to own a mustang.... he apologized for what happened, and it won't happen again, and thanked me for forgiving.

they will offer me lower price if i need them in the future, which seems not gonna happen.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
the worker basically said it's the way he drive everyday, and he forgot to he should treat customers car with more care.
He's a liar. Who the hell drives all the time away from every stop sign & stop light squealing tires and banging 2nd gear for tire chirps in their own car. He was on joy ride and treated your car as such.

OP
OP
BA939P

BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
He's a liar. Who the hell drives all the time away from every stop sign & stop light squealing tires and banging 2nd gear for tire chirps.

I saw him doing burn out, banging gears around the streets near the shop in his own dodge ram couple times before.:crazy:

cuz i was tired of arguing, so i just accepted their apology:shrug:

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
This is why I have a "Valet tune" for if I ever leave my car somewhere for work. 3500rpm limiter and 40mph speed limiter.

At least you had a dashcam, another great reason to have one.
Sponsored