Sponsored

BMR's "CB005" S550 IRS Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit - PICS & INFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Awesome! Thanks for sharing JammanGT!
Sponsored

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
Big thanks to Kelly and the team for the support and the top notch products. Ordered the CB005 along with BK049 (diff bushings), SB043 (front and rear sway bars), TCA045 (vertical links), CJR001 (jacking rails) and BK055 (control arm bearings), all in hammertone. Had them all fitted 2 weeks ago so have had a chance to drive around for a while.

Wow! What a difference it all makes. Had the vertical links, jacking rails and sway bars done first. Made a reasonable difference. Wheel hop dramatically reduced and feels like I can corner considerably harder. Jacking rails also made the car feel a little more tied together. Then had the Cradle lock out, control arm bearings and diff bushings installed a couple of weeks later. Another big jump in noticeable performance. Mainly the feeling of the car putting the power down. More responsive, more controlled, solid, no wheel hop at all. The most noticeable thing now is that the stock all season Pirellis are the weak link in my set up. The car's potential definitely overpower's the tires' limits. Haven't pushed it sideways yet due to this but the straight line performance difference is huge. Very happy.

I would say that although the rest of the parts add little to no NVH at all, the BK049 diff bushings do make a big difference to NVH. The diff engaging/disengaging with a clunk is noticeable now where it wasn't before. Gear whine is audible and squeaks and creaks are noticeable over speed bumps. All to be expected with solid bushings but I believe the noise is amplified due to my 3" Magnaflow Competition catback (the bassiest/deepest tone available according to Latemodelrestoration) which passes A LOT of vibrations and noise into the car now. Love the exhaust, love the bushings so Dynamat will be going in next week. Should cure most of it. I expect the NVH wouldn't be anywhere near as bad for most people without the Magnaflow Comp exhaust but something to note if you're planning on doing these with a deep exhaust tone.

Crappy cellphone pics:
Rear cradle dropped. Already got the vertical links and sway bars installed.

Diff bushings in:

No shots of the CB005 installed but will get some soon.

Had full BMR suspension on my 05 and doing the same this time around. Another customer for life. Thanks again BMR! :cheers:

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
3" Magnaflow Competition catback (the bassiest/deepest tone available according to Latemodelrestoration) which passes A LOT of vibrations and noise into the car now. Love the exhaust, love the bushings so Dynamat will be going in next week. Should cure most of it. I expect the NVH wouldn't be anywhere near as bad for most people without the Magnaflow Comp exhaust but something to note if you're planning on doing these with a deep exhaust tone.:
You know I've always wondered if that's where my vibration comes from, magnaflow competition and h pipe paired with catless longtubes equals a very loud and bassy system. You'll have to let me know how the dynamat works and where you put it.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Also would like to know if the Dyanmat works out for ya.

Andrewg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
You know I've always wondered if that's where my vibration comes from, magnaflow competition and h pipe paired with catless longtubes equals a very loud and bassy system. You'll have to let me know how the dynamat works and where you put it.
Which H pipe are you using? I always wanted one but the magnaflow catback system comes with an X. I imagine the H would make it even deeper and potentially vibrate more. Planning on Dynamatting the whole trunk and under the rear seats along with the doors for starters. Will have enough to do the floor pan under the seats and maybe even the trans tunnel but that's a lot more work so will see what a difference the first stage makes.

Also would like to know if the Dyanmat works out for ya.
Will do mate. Should be here next week and i'll probably get it done over the 11th/12th weekend.

Sponsored

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Which H pipe are you using? I always wanted one but the magnaflow catback system comes with an X. I imagine the H would make it even deeper and potentially vibrate more. Planning on Dynamatting the whole trunk and under the rear seats along with the doors for starters. Will have enough to do the floor pan under the seats and maybe even the trans tunnel but that's a lot more work so will see what a difference the first stage makes.

Will do mate. Should be here next week and i'll probably get it done over the 11th/12th weekend.
Lethal H pipe. I have the competition style mufflers welded on to my factory pipes.

Obsessed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Subd

Andrewg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)

Andrewg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Kelly [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION], are the one piece front brackets shipping yet? Just curious. You have pm, also.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
They are not. It will be a while.

The only benefit to that new billet front mount is that we can make more of these to keep up with demand - to be honest.

I wouldn't worry about waiting. Performance and installation will be the same.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
They are not. It will be a while.

The only benefit to that new billet front mount is that we can make more of these to keep up with demand - to be honest.

I wouldn't worry about waiting. Performance and installation will be the same.
They looked a tad easier to install, is all. I won't wait :)

JammanGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Performance.
They looked a tad easier to install, is all. I won't wait :)
I think the end result to the customer is the same product, just less components to assemble at BMR.

BTW Best mod. The rear feels the way it should have from the factory. Every Mustang should have this. Unless you like the belly dancing rear end.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
I think the end result to the customer is the same product, just less components to assemble at BMR.

BTW Best mod. The rear feels the way it should have from the factory. Every Mustang should have this. Unless you like the belly dancing rear end.
You rock! :headbang:

Happy to know you got what you wanted, and maybe more from our components!

And I agree. Every S550 needs this!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.