Sponsored

BMR's "CB005" S550 IRS Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit - PICS & INFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
LOL. Copying BMRs product is a huge compliment!!!
Sponsored

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
I wonder if they are even in spec or did they just copy the design and weld some metal together? lol

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That's messed up

Sponsored

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Whoever at AM keeps pushing this SR crap is driving the company's reputation into the ground. I made the mistake of ordering SR parts ONCE and will never never never order anything SR again.

tcador

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
Previous: '15 GT PP
I'll just add that I had the real deal lock out kit installed last week and it made a world of a difference as others had mentioned. Dunno about wheel hop yet but the rear-end is so much more stable under hard acceleration now.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
LOL, the SR is even the same price! just ordered the CB005 today. Looking forward to putting it on the car.

Vanquisher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Funny thing, I took off Steeda Subframe braces to sell the other day leaving the CB005 / stock arm hybrid setup and my wheel hop all but disappeared.

Reassures me switching to just the CB005 was a good decision.

Funny how we all see different results.
Interesting I have the braces sitting here ready for install. What would you say the difference is between the two?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting I have the braces sitting here ready for install. What would you say the difference is between the two?

I guess I'm not exactly sure what your question is. The BMR CB005 is a piece that a lot of people have had good luck with. It centers the subframe, helps fight wheel hop and strengthens the rear setup as a whole.

Steeda braces work in conjunction with their subframe bushings and centering sleeves to accomplish the same.

What I was referring to in my above quote is I was using the BMR CB005 parts (minus the arm) along with the stock arms because I was also using the Steeda braces. The braces need the stock arms for the mounting location and if you have the BMR CB005 arms you can not use the Steeda braces.

Sponsored

Vanquisher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
I guess I'm not exactly sure what your question is. The BMR CB005 is a piece that a lot of people have had good luck with. It centers the subframe, helps fight wheel hop and strengthens the rear setup as a whole.

Steeda braces work in conjunction with their subframe bushings and centering sleeves to accomplish the same.

What I was referring to in my above quote is I was using the BMR CB005 parts (minus the arm) along with the stock arms because I was also using the Steeda braces. The braces need the stock arms for the mounting location and if you have the BMR CB005 arms you can not use the Steeda braces.
Ah. Well I was asking if you had the braces and took them off for the BMR kit I was asking what the difference there was. Guess I misunderstood your setup.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
As with everything we do here at BMR, we strive to improve.

This product has been a great success, but that doesn't mean we shall just leave it be.

The current CB005 are somewhat labor intensive. The front brackets feature a front mounting point that is a 3-pc design, and then welded on our fixtures.

To speed up production, improve quality, and eventually shoot for lower price points - we will be implementing a change to the front mounts.

The new pieces will feature a 1-pc Billet Steel CNC Machined front mount.

Just figured I would share!

Thanks to everyone who supports our operation!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
As with everything we do here at BMR, we strive to improve.

This product has been a great success, but that doesn't mean we shall just leave it be.

The current CB005 are somewhat labor intensive. The front brackets feature a front mounting point that is a 3-pc design, and then welded on our fixtures.

To speed up production, improve quality, and eventually shoot for lower price points - we will be implementing a change to the front mounts.

The new pieces will feature a 1-pc Billet Steel CNC Machined front mount.

Just figured I would share!

Thanks to everyone who supports our operation!
I like! Kinda glad I waited.

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Bah, I bought mine not that long ago and it's still sitting in the box waiting to be installed. Oh well, I'm excited either way.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Bah, I bought mine not that long ago and it's still sitting in the box waiting to be installed. Oh well, I'm excited either way.
Me too, mine is siting on the kitchen table still in the box. Thinking as long as it functions the same its all good.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.