Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

burntire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs
How much longer are the full length ones?
Would jack stands be ok under the low profile rails?
Have the steeda ones now and don't like them not long enough.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
How much longer are the full length ones?
Would jack stands be ok under the low profile rails?
Have the steeda ones now and don't like them not long enough.
I dont have dimensions off the top of my head right now.

That said, they definitely have much more jacking and support area/length than the ones you currently have.

The best way to support the car with jackstands on the rails, any of them IMO, is to place 6" long blocks of 2x4s between the stands and the rails. This helps prevent the stands from damaging the coatings as well as helps prevent dings and gouges.

Hope that helps.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The best way to support the car with jackstands on the rails, any of them IMO, is to place 6" long blocks of 2x4s between the stands and the rails. This helps prevent the stands from damaging the coatings as well as helps prevent dings and gouges.
I would worry about the wood slipping out from under the rails from side loads on the car. I've exerted some significant side loads on the car while working on it from below. Or if someone leaned on the car while its on the wood? Not sure of the coefficient of friction between wood and powder-coated rails. I like the idea of the car's side to side movement being resisted by the ears of the jack-stands. Isn't that why jack-stands aren't flat across the top?

burntire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs
I would worry about the wood slipping out from under the rails from side loads on the car. I've exerted some significant side loads on the car while working on it from below. Or if someone leaned on the car while its on the wood? Not sure of the coefficient of friction between wood and powder-coated rails. I like the idea of the car's side to side movement being resisted by the ears of the jack-stands. Isn't that why jack-stands aren't flat across the top?
I agree. I prefer some jack stand pads to prevent the metal on metal contact. I am curious if these are strong enough for jack stands.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
We havent seen any issues with jackstands on them.

As for the wood slipping, the weight of the car compresses the wood and forms a "channel". This is how I've supported my cars for the past 15+ years without an issue.

Pads are superior and an excellent idea. Ive just never used them as I've always had blocks laying around.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
These are my next jack stands. Ive been meaning to order them forever now. I think I'll stop procrastinating and order them right after I make this post. lol
regular1.jpg

burntire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs
We havent seen any issues with jackstands on them.

As for the wood slipping, the weight of the car compresses the wood and forms a "channel". This is how I've supported my cars for the past 15+ years without an issue.

Pads are superior and an excellent idea. Ive just never used them as I've always had blocks laying around.
Are these jacking rails even height with the pinch welds or do the sit slightly below the pinch welds?

These are my next jack stands. Ive been meaning to order them forever now. I think I'll stop procrastinating and order them right after I make this post. lol
You getting the standard or low profile ones? I've been meaning to get these some day also. Today sounds like a good day:cheers:

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
They sit very close to the same. Some areas the CJR002 will sit slightly below the pinch. 1/8" to 3/16"ish

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
They sit very close to the same. Some areas the CJR002 will sit slightly below the pinch. 1/8" to 3/16"ish
Because it sits below the pinch rail, does pinch rail then sit on the jack stand as well as the jacking rail?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Because it sits below the pinch rail, does pinch rail then sit on the jack stand as well as the jacking rail?
Yes. You put the stands under the rail.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
I have four of these and they are the bees knees! Esco IIRC. Cost a mint but money well spent.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Is it safe to create a shim to space the rail to be just past the pinch welds or would that somewhat compromise the strength of the rail some, allowing it to bend slightly inbetween the mounting points (if the center is used as the jacking point)?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.