Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
OMG… the BMR vs. Steeda jacking rail debate really must end. Maybe I'll make a video for "thousands" of YouTube hits about how I took three huge dumps the other day on three different brands of toilets just to let you know what I thought of their flushing abilities. I do use a lot of paper, so I need a good powerful flush – a man’s gotta be clean, you know.

Jacking rails are a luxury. They aren’t necessary. Your punch welds and plastic rocker panels will be fine. They’re only necessary if you’re jack-standing your car ALL THE TIME or at a track swapping tires in 90* heat and the last thing you want to be doing is kneeling on the ground to line up a jack perch.

Let's get into some quick facts that were missed about the Steeda rails…

1) They do not traverse the length of the car not just because Steeda's IRS braces do not allow that (god forbid your bracing mount to reinforced hard points with large, high-torque bolts on your 3800+ lbs. car) but also because Steeda's IRS braces have a jack point on them as well. Big picture, much? And this guy says he's a distributor of Steeda parts...

2) Powdercoating on BMR products is indeed nicely done, if you get the red. The hammertone is an uneven surface I'm not a fan of (if it's to be a contact/pressure point secured behind a bolt like on their front subframe brace). Why not just black? Arg. Now, I have Steeda's original lower-hanging jacking rails. You can see them in many of my on-track photos they hang so low - OMG, the humanity. I have them not because I need jacking rails (nobody does), but because they act as real scrape bars for when I drive my car into my parking garage at home (every time, SCRRRAAAAPPPEEE, even with only a .75" drop) and if I'm unlucky going over the wrong speed bump. Consequently, I've beaten the living crap out of mine and ain't nobody gonna tell me any powdercoating job is going to resist the abuse that I've delved out to my Steeda rails. Not going to happen. Moving on…

3) The supplied bolts. Oh, no! Yes, the factory bolts are great. Does it occur to the vlogger that you can use the factory bolts with the Steeda rails, too? Hello? Not even an argument in this comparison. My car didn't have 8 bolts to use. Not all of these cars do, apparently. Steeda provides the hardware just in case. How dare they make it possible for you to install the product they sold you! I used some of the Steeda-supplied bolts and guess what? The "cheap zinc bolt" didn't instantly rust and still haven’t!

4) BMR comes to market later than Steeda on many things, so that makes them better? So they're taking more care, then, right? Pfff... spare me. For the most part, their products are made with heavy, parts bin steel welded together. Nothing wrong with steel or BMR’s general build quality, but their pace to market isn't necessarily resulting in a better-designed product. They're just not as broadly capable and not able to go as fast to produce a tested, engineered product as is Steeda in many (if not most) cases. As should be blatantly obvious by now, Steeda does endless testing on road courses and drag strips. They use CAD design with maths and rapid prototyping and have people with fancy engineering degrees and alignments with FoMoCo to aid them, too. But their powdercoat apparently instantly chips on its own and their supplied bolts are apparently cheap? Let me know when you get factory part number bolt from BMR! Ug… I’ll stop there on this nonsense cuz I can go for a while and we all know I write novels...

Guys, gals... if you have the BMR CB005 and/or if you want full length rails because you don't intend on going with Steeda's IRS braces, then get BMR jacking rails. Why is this a repeating point of discussion? Why is incorrect/misinformation disguised as opinion and covered up by "hey, it's up to you" delved out in this video and then, hmm, conveniently found by BMR? Why is YET ANOTHER YouTube vlogger video edited on a fancy iMac necessary for bloody jacking rails? Such a flippin' debate over something that is a very expensive luxury that doesn't make your car faster or handle better. Common! I guess the economy is better than I thought. #savethepinchwelds #iwantsomeyoutubeadrevenue #iforgotihadthemforayear

Last edited:

Sponsored

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Wow..after seeing these videos guess what?..I just realized I've had the Bmr jacking rails for months and haven't installed these. I didnt know were built that magnificent ..I must use them for something other than putting under car...any ideas?
.lol

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Wow..after seeing these videos guess what?..I just realized I've had the Bmr jacking rails for months and haven't installed these. I didnt know were built that magnificent ..I must use them for something other than putting under car...any ideas?
.lol
Well, I have used mine as an engine support bar. So if you ever do a front end suspension / subframe swap - that could come in handy. :lol:

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I have used mine as an engine support bar. So if you ever do a front end suspension / subframe swap - that could come in handy. :lol:
Haha..heard that..joking aside i gotta get my butt in gear and put em on soon..Heck they're all built specific to a purpose..
What matters is that China gets left out of the game ..

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok..so nearly 2 months later and they're(bmr's) on but I really hated to have to scrape away some factory seam goop. They went on very easy and torque them to 65 ft lbs. Anyways job done and out of curiosity I go google some reviews. I now discover the rails were designated a certain side cause one longer than other. I never knew that just grabbed one and bolted it in. So now I'm wondering if I got em installed wrong. Would they have not bolted in if I began the job with the wrong one in hand? If the bolt hole spacing is same did the longer have a reason for being bolted to a particular side?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
They only fit one way. You're fine.

Sponsored

Leonard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I wish someone would make rails that work with the Ford tie downs (M-1700-M) or have an option for integrated tie downs.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Pff, just put a strap around the jacking rail before bolting it in. Problem solved. :)

Khyron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Maybe I'll just put a Steeda rail on one side and a BMR on the other.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Hey I'm new to the forum but also trying to decide which rails to buy... leaning toward steeda based on feedback Im reading.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Happy to help if you go the Steeda route! We have nice forum pricing.

TJ
Sponsored