Sponsored

BMR Jacking rails vs Steeda jacking rails

D98gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maddox
Vehicle(s)
This is a simple mod that either company will be able to provide without any worries about function. At this point, I already have BMR and Steeda parts on my 18. No complaints about either company
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Question for you. The description states they weigh 10lbs, I am not getting anywhere close to that. Is this set I have pre-production?
Well technically, unlike mass, weight is meaningless without knowing certain variables. I mean they would weigh zero in earth orbit, yet be too heavy to lift on Jupiter. You would also need to know the mass of any fluid they are in when weighed. Air wouldn't have much effect but molasses would. Also, were there any accelerating forces other than gravity on them and the scale when weighed.

Or maybe the helium leaked out of some pin-hole in one of the welds.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
I have the BMR rails and got them specifically because they were longer and parallel to the ground. I love mine. I'm sure the Steeda rails are sufficient and they are cheaper. I just wanted the ability to space jack stands on the rails as far apart as possible.
This.
It was really a toss up for me. Did some research, and ended up with the BMR rails. I've had BMR and Steeda products and wouldn't hesitate to buy from either.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hi TJ,

Question - Do the rails allow enough room between the pinch weld to insert a factory jack? I have a spare tire kit and was wondering.

Thanks!
Yes, you can use the factory jack if positioned correctly on the jacking rail.

Best Regards,

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to see others in the market place are getting their hands on these too ... great to see, en
I'll take that magic code over here as well, thank you. :)

I had the originals on my GT, and loved them, but often felt like I needed a bit more space. Now I'm looking for the best option for my GT350, and these may be just what I'm looking for. So why are these -$50 from the originals, when they're the newer design of the two?
Thank you for your order - we appreciate the support.

Anyone else looking for instant savings, shoot me a note!

TJ

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for sharing - we appreciate your support!

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I switch from the regulare version steeda which it was great to the new longer ones. For $100 no one comes close to it.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I switch from the regulare version steeda which it was great to the new longer ones. For $100 no one comes close to it.
Since this thread is about theirs VS ours, I would like to say that I believe ours (CJR002) are far superior. They can be had for less than $119.95 with the code FS6KA on our web-site too.

Ours are only about 14% heavier....but are several inches longer and they are stronger because we close out our laser cut holes by welding instead of plastic inserts. :)

I see they changed their web-site today, from 10lbs to 11.6lbs - that is good to see. It is always good to be honest.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
No dout your rails are great also, but since i have the steeda rear subframe brace I had to go with the steeda.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
I went with Steeda rails but noticed while up under the car recently that the floor jack had dented the rails a bit. I dont regret buying them, and thats what they're for, but I do wish they were a little thicker like the BMR's. Tight line between weight and strength. They are fine though.

Sponsored

Maddog1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
I have the Steeda rails. I don't get under the car much, use ramps for oil. Now that I do have a need to put the car on four jack stands... One thing I don't understand is where do I place the jack stands?

On the ends of the bar portion of the rail?

On the extreme ends of the rail where it flares out but is not a solid bar?

Or just use the jacking rail to jack the car, then place jack stands on the factory pinch welds?

Thanks in advance

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d
I have the Steeda rails. I don't get under the car much, use ramps for oil. Now that I do have a need to put the car on four jack stands... One thing I don't understand is where do I place the jack stands?

On the ends of the bar portion of the rail?

On the extreme ends of the rail where it flares out but is not a solid bar?

Or just use the jacking rail to jack the car, then place jack stands on the factory pinch welds?

Thanks in advance
You actually have a lot of choices. What I usually do is use the rear pinch welds (because they are pretty far back) and the front of the Steeda rail at the front. You can also just put them under the Steeda rail. I use the bar portion of the rail because it is strongest. When I got my new car, the Steeda rails were the first thing that I installed!

I hope this helps!

<TED>

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I used my Steeda jacking rails for the first time a couple weeks ago to change my oil. I placed my floor jack centered on the rail and both wheels come off the ground. I then placed my jackstands on either end of the jacking rail and it worked fine.
Below image is from Steeda website I believe.
upload_2018-11-24_9-26-19.jpeg
View attachment 320619

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Just ordered the BMR’s.