2017 mustang gt
Somebody have a link to a how to thread plz. Thanks
Sponsored

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Thanks for your reply. I didn't ask if it came with instructions, that answer could be found on the first page of the post. I view instructions or videos to every thing that I do on a car PRIOR to purchase, so I know what I'm getting into, where I would like to do the Install etc.
In short, I'm not looking for anyone to answer these questions based on their own circumstance, instead, simply reply with a link to a how to if available.
Thanks again

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
[MENTION=22413]Optimum Performance[/MENTION]
How long should i use the tranny fluid for before changing it? I had the BG tranny oil for almost 10k miles

Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
[MENTION=22413]Optimum Performance[/MENTION]
How long should i use the tranny fluid for before changing it? I had the BG tranny oil for almost 10k miles
Street car or track car? i.e. how hard do you drive it? If it still shifts fine I would continue to run it, another option is to pump in some MGC additive to refresh the oil. If it's been used hard (track use) and not as shifty as before than yes, change it. No reason you can not continue to run it if it is performing well.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered some tranny fluid tonight. Can't wait to give it a try!!!

UPDATE: ordered LATE Friday night, had it on my doorstep, in Ohio, on Monday!:thumbsup:

Included instructions are straight-forward and easy to understand. Took all but 30 minutes to swap out while on jack stands.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
I had my trans and diff done last week. Instantly felt better shifting, smoother and easier. Next day first cold 1-2 shift was way better than it had been, bit of a snick going into 2nd versus it used to be really notchy. The "thud" on shifting is reduced as well, but not gone totally. I used the 75W-140 in the diff, hoping to avoid the overheat diff issue when I track it. All in all I'd call it a win.

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Finally got my trans oil swapped out two weeks after I did the differential. Had the thing lifted up and didn't have the right allen wrench for the tranny. But I digress...

I just took it for a ride around the block. Probably about 5 or 6 miles. I guess I'm with the majority here to say this was well worth the admission price and the kit with instructions is on the money.

While the lugging/slackish feeling is still there to a degree with 1-2 and 2-3 shifts, it's improved the feel of all shifts in general. Where it used to feel frictiony, now engagements feel smooth. Downshifts felt really good, too. I haven't had a chance to open it up to see what quick shifts feel like, but I'd imagine they'll be pretty good just like mild driving.

Thanks to OP and BG for a nice product.

Sponsored

Sway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt (Oxford White)
Just ordered some tranny fluid yesterday, hope to have it in wed or thur next week.

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
WOW. That's really all that needs to be said. I was hesitant to believe the hype but this shit is the bee's knees. Granted, I changed the fluid at 20k miles so mine was a bit worn down but well worth the 80 bucks.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
WOW. That's really all that needs to be said. I was hesitant to believe the hype but this shit is the bee's knees. Granted, I changed the fluid at 20k miles so mine was a bit worn down but well worth the 80 bucks.
Yep! This and the steeda clutch spring should be the first mods for M/T owners. A lot of skeptics on the fluid, but over and over again same story: huge, night and day improvement. It's like rowing through melted butter. Upgrade the shifter and you have bliss (MGW or Barton Hybrid 3).

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just did mine, ordered from OP Mustang and like everyone says, BIG DIFFERENCE. I'm not sure how anyone can say anything bad about BGSS without trying it.
Sponsored