Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
How frequently does everyone change trans fluid ?

I changed mine to BG last year and am wondering when do I need to start thinking about it again...
Street Driving? Depends on how it feels and how many miles you drive. Ford says 50,000 to 150,000. < That is a long time. Again it really depends on usage, if you are racking up miles on the highway is a lot different than constantly shifting around town.

Track Use? Depends on How many events you do. Ford says after every event which is massive overkill. 1 - 2 times a season.

You can also extend the life of the fluid by adding MGC Its a super additive package which will allow you to lengthen the change intervals.
Sponsored

s550_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
so i just swapped my fluid out and i might have accidentally overfilled the tranmission fluid. cup wasnt even close to the yellow tape on the cup. what do yall suggest? is it harmfull to have that much in there?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
so i just swapped my fluid out and i might have accidentally overfilled the tranmission fluid. cup wasnt even close to the yellow tape on the cup. what do yall suggest? is it harmfull to have that much in there?
It's kinda impossible to overfill, given that you should fill till it starts spilling out of the fill port/just below that.

s550_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
It's kinda impossible to overfill, given that you should fill till it starts spilling out of the fill port/just below that.
thats what i did but when i poured the rest of the bottle into the cup it was no where close to the tape.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Did you account for all the oil in the pump and line? If it filled the cup up even slightly we are only talking about 7 oz's. If you are that concerned about it just crack the drain plug loose and let a little drip into the cup.

Sponsored

s550_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Did you account for all the oil in the pump and line? If it filled the cup up even slightly we are only talking about 7 oz's. If you are that concerned about it just crack the drain plug loose and let a little drip into the cup.
as long as its fine, ill be fine just wondering. its not much only a few oz's just wanted peace of mind

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
as long as its fine, ill be fine just wondering. its not much only a few oz's just wanted peace of mind
You're better off being a little over. Any excess will come out the vent.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
FWIW & IIRC, there was conflicting info in Ford documentation. One place said it should be filled to slightly below the fill plug but another said the more logical and typical of filling it to the fill plug.

Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
FWIW & IIRC, there was conflicting info in Ford documentation. One place said it should be filled to slightly below the fill plug but another said the more logical and typical of filling it to the fill plug.
I haven't uploaded the service manual this year to see if it's changed(Slightly below the fill plug) but if you look at the different versions of the owners manuals...Ford can't decide where they want it. Our "Cup" gets 'good enough' close to the actual capacity of the transmission, as [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] said close enough.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered some tranny fluid tonight. Can't wait to give it a try!!!

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
100% worth it. feels so much better.

And.... just bought a Barton Hybrid 3 Flat Stick shifter to compliment the new fluid.:D
Sponsored