jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Two totally different cars that cater to two different crowds..... 5 years ago.

Now, they're more similar, the Mustang is more refined, it has an IRS. Of course the M3/4 makes more power... especially with a tune but with the 30k difference in cost you could add a good bit of power to the mustang:)
Sponsored

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
I wish I could at least trick myself into thinking my interior will be better than an M4's, but I won't kid myself. :eek:
The interior design of the S550 is much more appealing to me than the M3/4 but the materials in the BMW is better. All it would take is liberal use of Nappa leather and deviated stitching in the Mustang and it would be at least on par with the BMW.

Obie

If I could turn back time
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecobust
Better is one those subjective terms. Personally I dont see an ounce of "better" anywhere on the ford. But hey, cool story OP.

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
I was buying the M4 but the 6 banger really did not cut it for me and their manual trans suck in my opinion. the car is terribly overpriced and i am so happy with my GT PP that i have no regrets whatsoever. the GT350 will destroy the M4 in every way.

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
I was buying the M4 but the 6 banger really did not cut it for me and their manual trans suck in my opinion. the car is terribly overpriced and i am so happy with my GT PP that i have no regrets whatsoever. the GT350 will destroy the M4 in every way.
I had a M4 on order as well. The dealer made the mistake of selling me someone's Boss 302 when they traded it in for a M4. My M4 order was delivered to the dealer and sold to someone else. I'll be ordering a GT350 now that will most likely send the M4 packing.

Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The interior design of the S550 is much more appealing to me than the M3/4 but the materials in the BMW is better. All it would take is liberal use of Nappa leather and deviated stitching in the Mustang and it would be at least on par with the BMW.
The S550 does have a great aesthetic going on with its layout, so I can see what you mean there. But it would take a whole lot more than some extensive swaths of higher grade leather; all of the switchgear, the trim, the gauge cluster screen and main infotainment screen, the headliner, the control area above the rear view mirror, the lack of flex in bins and compartments (e.g. sunglasses storage)... all of that stuff is to a higher degree of quality in the M. You would have to stare at everything to try and see where any cost was cut in the M3/4's assembly and build quality. If Ford changed all of the leather, replaced all of the plastics, and modified all of the infotainment, I could see it being on par as far as objective measures are concerned.

But that aesthetic thing, I still completely get what you're saying.

Phlyguy

International SAR Pilot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT with Recaro Seats
I would personally not take a BMW over the Ford, but in all honesty I really am just not a fan of BMW. Had a friend at work that bought one because it was his dream to get one when he could afford it and it was a maintenance nightmare...
A friend of mine only buys Mercedes products (cue in Ron White "...well Ron, you cannot begin to appreciate the engineering of a Mercedes Benz...") and has often told me that even the most rudimentary of service items (oil change, tire rotation, etc.) cost a heap (over 400 bucks for an oil change at a certified MB dealer) and MB refuses to acknowledge any other service other than that performed at a certified MB dealer. Add to that the cost of parts (electric window switch over 200 bucks for a radio Shack quality on-off switch...but it's made in Leipzig, FRG by ex STASI agents now working in a capitalist factory). Bottom line...name recognition based on good PR and past marketing strategies sometimes underlies the reality that we in America CAN build good cars that can compete with the European and Asian markets...it's to each his/her own :ford:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
^^^ This....

A friend has owned MBs or BMWs as daily drivers for at least a decade, and it amazes me how much the damn things cost him to own and maintain. It's ludicrous.

Sponsored

deven2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deven
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Premium GT w/ PP
Ford is just kicking @$$ with this new stang! Drawing rave reviews left and right and the only American car in the final 3 for best car of the year! GO STANG!! :cheers: :ford:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Just a me thing probably, but putting that screen way up on the dash just screams turd.
Yeah, I'm impartial to its integration, or lack thereof, but that comment was more to do with the quality of the unit itself. At least it looks like a modern screen wedged in there lol. The resolution on the S550's premium screen is a bit of a letdown. I won't be surprised to see it get a huge improvement when the facelift comes around; there's a massive bezel around it as is.

Malikona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1
I wish I could at least trick myself into thinking my interior will be better than an M4's, but I won't kid myself. :eek:
You might be surprised; I've heard the same from others that the new Mustang is at least at the level of current model BMWs.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Better is one those subjective terms. Personally I dont see an ounce of "better" anywhere on the ford. But hey, cool story OP.
Clearly subjective. Coming from some that has "Ecobust" as the car they drive:doh:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
You might be surprised; I've heard the same from others that the new Mustang is at least at the level of current model BMWs.
I guess it comes down to preferences. I've had seat time in a GT premium and an M235i. I liked the S550's aesthetics and the overall build quality is fantastic for the money. But I don't think it's quite there yet. Better than the lower trim 2s and 3s, that's for sure. I think base Bimmers are a complete rip though.
Sponsored