Best handling package for the money

OctopusWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP & AP
Let's say you have $2,000 to spend on a handling upgrade/package for a GT PP, how would you do it?

1) FRPP handling package and use the $800 difference on some other mods.
1) FRPP + Steeda Stop the Hop.
3) Steeda Stages 1,2,3.
4) Other?

Caveats: I am not mechanically inclined so this is not a project I can do myself, so having the dealer do the FRPP is very appealing to me, I don't know of any shops here with great reputations for this kind of work that I would be comfortable trusting.
Sponsored

Redsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'm planning on having the dealer install the FRPP package along with the FRPP subframe to body bushings. Then adding the steeda G trak and rear subframe braces on my own (pretty easy install). That should take care of the wheel hop.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I went Steeda and had Steeda install their parts. I liked Steeda as all of their parts were available when I was ready. David@Steeda was very helpful in every aspect of my purchase.

Their sway bars have a lot of adjustment, too. You can check my build thread link in my sig to see all my parts.

OP
OP

OctopusWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I've actually been following your build thread pretty closely as well as Toothless's thread on the FRPP package.
If I lived closer to a Steeda facility, it might be an easier answer for me, but unfortunately I'm not.
I don't want to get hosed at the dealer for the FRPP work but I know I can't do it myself, and there just aren't many reputable shops out here otherwise.
Maybe I'll offer unlimited pizza and Four Peaks for some help.

Sponsored

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Sub'd

Nathanbrummer@SCS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver GT
I'm going the steeda route as well. Just taking it piece by piece. So far all of their parts have been top of the line. I did end up using the eibach pro kit springs rather than the steeda units. The steeda progressive springs weren't available at the time and I didn't see any advantage with the prokits being $100 less at the time. I've been very happy with the minimal changes I've made so far. With 2k here is how I'd spend the money:
Eibach Prokits
Steeda irs bushing supports
Steeda rear subframe braces
Steeda g-trac brace
Steeda front and rear sway bars with billet mounts
Steeda rear alignment kit
Steeda diff bushing kit
Alignment
This would put you at about $1600.
Hope this helps.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
BMR, BMR, BMR.

I haven't seen enough on the FRPP to warrant spending that much on struts and shocks.

Coilovers wouldn't be that bad of an idea either. Just depends on your goals.

OP
OP

OctopusWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Wow, this post came back to life.
I'm trying to make this as good handling as possible while not breaking the bank. I love the performance pack, but clearly there are even better upgrades out there.
I'm not a track guy so I don't need it to meet those elevated needs, but I'd like it to be the best street handling car it can be.
Right now, I'm thinking FRPP handling package + Steeda Stop the Hop + Steeda G Trac + Steeda Differential Bushing. But I'm open to suggestions/

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'd like to see how the Koni Yellows (late '15) match up to some of the springs and sways out there. Maybe a package by BMR? I want to ensure that the engineering is done right.

Sponsored

Toothless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
You need wider tires on the front or your going to push cause you don't have enough rubber up front to turn that pig. Make sure to factor that in.

Cheapest route for your goal:

Eibach pro kit
Steeda Sway bars
BMR CB005
Steeda Gtrac brace
Fat A$$ wheels and tires (sell PP wheels and tires)

Not the exact route I went, but close, and should yield similar results I think. And give you a proper handling Steed.

fogus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, DI Blue, Base
Toothless, you have the FRPP. What do you think of it for the only suspension mod for a daily driver? I really think handling will be the thing I want to improve the most for my car, but I don't want to go over, say, $2k for the suspension upgrades in total.

Toothless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
For a base car, like yours (fogus), I would definitely do the FRPP package, no doubt. It will help you out dramatically. But depending on the wheels you have, if you have the 235 tires on yours that comes on the base, then you will be limited in what you can do even with the FRPP package. I would suggest at least getting the drifts for $650-$700 in a 19 x9.5 all around, and some 265 or 275 width rubber. You need at least a good tire in a 265 or better to get enough front end grip to turn this heavy car at speed. If you search around, you can get the FRPP kit for about $1100 shipped.

fogus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, DI Blue, Base
I see I have some learning to do regarding tires. I really don't know much about them. Any reading suggestions?

How is it possible to have 265mm OR 275mm width tires on 9.5" rims? Wouldn't one of them not fit?

My current plan is to run the base rims until winter, then put winter tires on them until the spring, then take the rims off and put the "right rims" on and put performance summer tires on them. Does that make sense? Am I forgetting something?

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
I see I have some learning to do regarding tires. I really don't know much about them. Any reading suggestions?

How is it possible to have 265mm OR 275mm width tires on 9.5" rims? Wouldn't one of them not fit?

My current plan is to run the base rims until winter, then put winter tires on them until the spring, then take the rims off and put the "right rims" on and put performance summer tires on them. Does that make sense? Am I forgetting something?
Tirerack.com

Specifically the research and advice area

http://www.tirerack.com/content/tirerack/desktop/en/research_advice.html
Sponsored