DPereira15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 Race Red 051A
Hey guys,

i will be getting my 2016 v6 race red mustang 051A in a few months and just had a few questions about some potential upgrades:

1) what is the best sounding exhaust to put into my car (no drone, not too loud, & not sound like a honda)

2) is it worth it to buy an cold air intake (if so which one?)

3) is it possible to get rear bumper of v6 like the v8 (if so how?)

4) what are some of the best upgrades you put into your mustang?

Thanks very much! :cheers:
Sponsored

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Best upgrades:
-Shorty headers
-Tune
-throttle body spacer
-atleast a muffler delete or change as the stock mufflers are restrictive

An intake is up to you. For 300+ dollars you get maybe 10 hp at the most from it and that's peak horsepower. That being said a had the airaid intake on my v6 and I liked it but wouldn't spend that much money on an intake again.

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
the best mods 4 the buck

2015 mustang V6 auto, what I found in the mustang is everything controlled by sensors. So I put my bucks on mods to improved how quick I could make it. I went for quick speed 30 to 100 mph in just at 6 seconds instead 0 to 60. The mustang has a speed limit of 120 mph's do to the 2 piece driveshaft. You can get a one piece from shaft master.com for $650.00. I'm not that big into CAI or changing the exsh system for $1500.00 to 2000.00 for 15 hp $100.00 to $130.00 per hp. So here a list of my mods that made my stang very quick.

Unlimited tuner 93 $399.00
JMS throttle pedal Max (increases voltage to the sensor) $280.00
SK throttle body spacer $99.00
JLT oil separator $119.00

I also got a very deep ext tone by keeping my rpm's high in town 3rd gear 3000 rpm's and down shifting at 40 mph from 3rd to 2nd cleaning the ext system out it sounds like a 5.0:gossip:

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
2015 mustang V6 auto, what I found in the mustang is everything controlled by sensors. So I put my bucks on mods to improved how quick I could make it. I went for quick speed 30 to 100 mph in just at 6 seconds instead 0 to 60. The mustang has a speed limit of 120 mph's do to the 2 piece driveshaft. You can get a one piece from shaft master.com for $650.00. I'm not that big into CAI or changing the exsh system for $1500.00 to 2000.00 for 15 hp $100.00 to $130.00 per hp. So here a list of my mods that made my stang very quick.

I also got a very deep ext tone by keeping my rpm's high in town 3rd gear 3000 rpm's and down shifting at 40 mph from 3rd to 2nd cleaning the ext system out it sounds like a 5.0:gossip:
this has to be a joke right?

Sponsored

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium

quiong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang V6
I think he means the unleashed tune, which is quite popular

six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
The intake is worth it in my perspective because of the sound in addition to the modest gain. Makes it sound slightly deeper. I got mine for ~$250 or so, not a big item. A lot of them claim to pick up HP/TQ in the mid-range as well.

I plan on doing exhaust next. You should browse the exhaust thread here to get an idea of what you want. Systems can range from $400-$1200.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

FYI the driveshaft is not what is limiting the top speed on the V6, as it is the same driveshaft as the EB (which is limited to 145 w/ the PP).

In rank order what is limiting the V6 top speed are:
1. Tire speed rating
2. Cooling (shares radiator w/ non-PP GT, so good to at least 155 on that)
3. Driveshaft

Dat37tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 64A
Hey guys,

i will be getting my 2016 v6 race red mustang 051A in a few months and just had a few questions about some potential upgrades:

1) what is the best sounding exhaust to put into my car (no drone, not too loud, & not sound like a honda)

2) is it worth it to buy an cold air intake (if so which one?)

3) is it possible to get rear bumper of v6 like the v8 (if so how?)

4) what are some of the best upgrades you put into your mustang?

Thanks very much! :cheers:
If no one has told you already, welcome to the forums and congrats on the new car! :D

And I'll try to answer what you got the best I can. I'm sure others can add in whatever I'm forgetting.

1) For an exhaust, I'd recommend reading through this thread. Plenty of examples and videos so you can hear and try and pick exactly what you want. And see what others had to go through to find that golden balance of noise lol. http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19410

2) It's worth it if you want to add a little more noise and hp to the engine and help it breath a bit easier. There's plenty of brands out there for decent prices (like around $350 - $500 for most) Plus, its an easy first mod that can be done with minimal tools and under an hour. 30 minutes if you've done one before

3) If by the V8 bumper, you mean the GT Performance Package rear bumper valance, then no I don't think any current aftermarket shops are selling it in a conversion for the V6. I have seen some of threads in the cosmetic section of a couple of guys who have tried making their own for the V6 or EB models but that's all I've seen for it so far.

4) For me, the best upgrades that I've done so far IMO, has been the combination of the Airaid CAI and the Roush axleback exhaust, It's a decently loud deep tone, but with minimal drone and little rasp. It's a little pick-up to the engine aswell. But what I need/want next and what others here will probably tell you that is that a tune is a well-worth mod. Unleashed Tunes to be exact. This thread here ought to tell you all you need to know http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26050

Sponsored
OP
OP

DPereira15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 Race Red 051A
If no one has told you already, welcome to the forums and congrats on the new car! :D

And I'll try to answer what you got the best I can. I'm sure others can add in whatever I'm forgetting.

1) For an exhaust, I'd recommend reading through this thread. Plenty of examples and videos so you can hear and try and pick exactly what you want. And see what others had to go through to find that golden balance of noise lol. http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19410

2) It's worth it if you want to add a little more noise and hp to the engine and help it breath a bit easier. There's plenty of brands out there for decent prices (like around $350 - $500 for most) Plus, its an easy first mod that can be done with minimal tools and under an hour. 30 minutes if you've done one before

3) If by the V8 bumper, you mean the GT Performance Package rear bumper valance, then no I don't think any current aftermarket shops are selling it in a conversion for the V6. I have seen some of threads in the cosmetic section of a couple of guys who have tried making their own for the V6 or EB models but that's all I've seen for it so far.

4) For me, the best upgrades that I've done so far IMO, has been the combination of the Airaid CAI and the Roush axleback exhaust, It's a decently loud deep tone, but with minimal drone and little rasp. It's a little pick-up to the engine aswell. But what I need/want next and what others here will probably tell you that is that a tune is a well-worth mod. Unleashed Tunes to be exact. This thread here ought to tell you all you need to know http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26050
Thanks very much for all your help. i will take a look at those threads!
Also do you have any videos of how your car sounds after all the upgrades?

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
i think one of the best first mods is a tuner. i have a stick car..and the factory throttle response just sucks. a tuner fixes that with extra power to boot

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
If you get an exhaust, stay away from the Flowmaster American Droner, I mean American Thunder...

And for anyone in Northeast or central Florida, I have an Airaid CAI that I would like to sell. It caused a lot of the drone that I eliminated with the helmholz resonators to come back. It's sitting in it's original box in my garage with only a couple hundred miles on it. Send me a PM...

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
was there any noticable power gains?

Dat37tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 64A
Thanks very much for all your help. i will take a look at those threads!
Also do you have any videos of how your car sounds after all the upgrades?
I don't unfortunately, but if you want a good sound reference, its this one.
[ame]
Mine sounds very close to this one because I have the same exhaust set-up this guy had at the time. And its basically why I picked Roush axlebacks too :thumbsup:
Sponsored