Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Sorry about that...aren't you the fella that wanted to take a picture of your Stang with Mike the Tiger? If so you have your "head on straight".
LOL. :headbang:
Sponsored

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Looking forward to meeting ya at a future meet up. I am remembering what a great looking vert you have though! Geaux Tigers Soon!

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Looking forward to meeting ya at a future meet up. I am remembering what a great looking vert you have though! Geaux Tigers Soon!
Thanks for the compliment -- should look much better by the time we meet up, haha. Same here man and have a safe trip on the way from TX!

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
I. And SVTFreak, I know what happened to the "Eagles Nest" next to I-10???

One of the Hurricanes, either Katrina or Gustav, blew it down.

I just sent my rsvp for the Robison brothers show. I'll have the le there and an ever so long shot that my cobra replica will be done. I highly doubt that though.

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Eagles blown away!

One of the Hurricanes, either Katrina or Gustav, blew it down.

I just sent my rsvp for the Robison brothers show. I'll have the le there and an ever so long shot that my cobra replica will be done. I highly doubt that though.
In July 2005 Hurricane Cindy blew the eagles nest inhabitable. And just a few weeks later Hurricane Katrina hit Louisiana with a further vengeance. I lived in the Manchac Swamp for many years and the eagles in their nest used to be a favorite of my visitors. Always loved taking pictures of the eaglets. I hope to get over to Louisiana next week...it's sad to drive between BR and NO and know that the Eagles used to be there. Hope also to check out your Mustang work at the Robison meet up.:headbang:

Sponsored

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
I've been looking as well but I haven't seen any. I know Robinson Ford Brothers is having one on September 26th. I can forward you the email too if you want to check it out.

I'm in for any meetups though for sure! Wouldn't mind driving to New Orleans if more people were out there or up in Baton Rouge. Haven't put the car on the highway just yet but I'm anxious. Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
So where's this show at? [email protected]

OP
OP

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Every Thursday night there is a car meet at coffee call off college drive in BR at 9 until whenever. Only a couple of S550s including myself, mostly s197s and a variety of other cars. I usually go.

Also, update for whomever is interested. The tuning I've been doing on my car seems to be going very well. No idea what sort of power it's making now but it certainly feels faster over the stock tune. My VCT tuning exploration will begin in a couple of weekends.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
So where's this show at? [email protected]
Just forwarded you the email. Going to be at Robinson Ford Brothers right on the corner of Airline and Sherwood Forest

Every Thursday night there is a car meet at coffee call off college drive in BR at 9 until whenever. Only a couple of S550s including myself, mostly s197s and a variety of other cars. I usually go.

Also, update for whomever is interested. The tuning I've been doing on my car seems to be going very well. No idea what sort of power it's making now but it certainly feels faster over the stock tune. My VCT tuning exploration will begin in a couple of weekends.
Ahh Coffee Call! I'd love to meet up and join you guys when I get back in town. I haven't had some beignets in awhile :)

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In July 2005 Hurricane Cindy blew the eagles nest inhabitable. And just a few weeks later Hurricane Katrina hit Louisiana with a further vengeance. I lived in the Manchac Swamp for many years and the eagles in their nest used to be a favorite of my visitors. Always loved taking pictures of the eaglets. I hope to get over to Louisiana next week...it's sad to drive between BR and NO and know that the Eagles used to be there. Hope also to check out your Mustang work at the Robison meet up.:headbang:

I grew up going with my grandfather to macleroy swamp oil field and watching them when they come down. We still see them around the plant pretty regular after migration.

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
I haven't spotted any of those great nests like the one that used to be near I-10. There might be some in the tops of some of those huge cypress trees closer to Lake Maurepas thought. I sure hope the eagles still prowl the bayous.

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't spotted any of those great nests like the one that used to be near I-10. There might be some in the tops of some of those huge cypress trees closer to Lake Maurepas thought. I sure hope the eagles still prowl the bayous.

I haven't seen any that large.

They are definitely still here during migration. More then in the previous years.

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Just sent my RSVP so unless I get stuck at work, since I work nights (NOPD), I should be at the show.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic coupe I think EB (sounded like a ricer 4 banger anyway) with no emblem in grill or nose on Jubin in denham south of i12 at 11 am. I was the white LE turning to Buddy Ellis.

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
Are there any Mustang meets up in BR? I have been looking for one to go to. We could always just make one ourselves if there isn't. As most of you in this thread know I was trying to get one together on the NOLA thread but got little feedback.
The local MCA affiliate club, the BR Mustangers, meet every first Wed. of the month (including this coming Wed. night) at Jones Creek Cafe. It officially starts at 7pm, but most people show up early to get food orders in and get caught up. The Robinson Bros. show on the 26th of Sept. as was mentioned earlier and the Hollingsworth Ford show will be held either the end of Oct. or first pat of November. The club itself dates back to around 1980, so we've been doing this a while. We try to have a monthly event, we have a great Christmas party and we usually caravan to major events in the area like the Pensacola show, which is always a nice event.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The local MCA affiliate club, the BR Mustangers, meet every first Wed. of the month (including this coming Wed. night) at Jones Creek Cafe. It officially starts at 7pm, but most people show up early to get food orders in and get caught up. The Robinson Bros. show on the 26th of Sept. as was mentioned earlier and the Hollingsworth Ford show will be held either the end of Oct. or first pat of November. The club itself dates back to around 1980, so we've been doing this a while. We try to have a monthly event, we have a great Christmas party and we usually caravan to major events in the area like the Pensacola show, which is always a nice event.

I keep saying I'm gonna go but haven't made it there yet. Met a few of you guys, one especially nice older fellow, at the Robinson bro show last year. I had the only LE there at the time. But single dad-Dom makes it hard to make stuff. I still intend to eventually!
Sponsored