Base GT on road course?

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Someone on here painted theirs black on a comp orange car. I liked it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Sponsored

shanethealmighty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Not to hijack this thread, but what modifications would people do to a base GT for road course use? I believe I have covered most of my bases, but I would be interested to hear other people's opinions as to what I may not have done that might be important.

Recently, I have changed my transmission and differential fluid to Royal Purple and have flushed my brake/clutch fluid and replaced with BG DOT 4 since it had been a year and a few track days.

The rest of the mods are as follows...
2015 Mustang GT
Base: 3.55 rear axle
Ford Racing Track Handling Pack
Ford Racing Strut Tower Brace
Ford Racing X-Pipe
Vordoven Forme 9s 18x9.5et34
Nitto 555s 275/40r18
Clutch Spring Delete and Billetworkz shift knob

I will be upgrading my tires to a TW200 rated tire and a more aggressive brake pad as my current ones wear out.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'd add front camber

F0J

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
François
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It depends on your goals.

A stock or near-stock Mustang in any trim can survive a few *easy* laps on a track.

The price for PP is very small compared to what you could spend to go faster and longer. By then though, you might be interested in modifications that are class specific so you don't end up driving against GT3s and Vipers.

For example, I bought a 2015 GT with the 3.55 and cloth recaros for a *steal*. My plan for the car is not to compete, but to learn about "racing" and "cars" enough that I could manage a proper race car eg. GT4 Clubsport (maybe a Mustang spec?). All I've done so far is buy the service CD and a bunch of fancy tools.

It's also a way to get my family onboard (my wife loves driving though her feet technique isn't too good *grinds teeth* and my 2 year old son will probably disown me when I put a roll cage)

Ford is selling so many of these that the secondary market will probably have *anything* you need to upgrade the car. There's already, what, almost a dozen options for coil-overs?

Do you plan on upgrading? Get the base, otherwise get the PP.
Sponsored