Sponsored

Automatic Shift Knob Swap

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
so WMGarage is the only solution right now?

It's not a bad product but atleast needs to be another inch or more if possible shorter.

I keep hitting the shifter just to change the temperature. Really stupid design on ford's part.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
so WMGarage is the only solution right now?

It's not a bad product but atleast needs to be another inch or more if possible shorter.

I keep hitting the shifter just to change the temperature. Really stupid design on ford's part.
Right now, there are no other options specifically for the Mustang. Others have used a modified version of a shifter intended for a Honda Civic, bit it requires some modification and sits quite high.

You really can't get much shorter without modifying the shaft of the shifter in some way. The knob isn't swappable with a custom one for this reason, as the shaft goes up inside the ball

There is NO possible way to make this not sound dirty. I'm sorry.

Sponsored

Jak112460

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Doesn't look shorter.
It's lower than stock by almost two inches. I think you should stick with the other one that everyone is having trouble with. I'll post pictures once mine is installed. Getting leather done in my car and a new boot made first. The one I made in the picture is going to work great. I have a complete shifter I purchased to test fit first.

magnetic5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vadim
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Anyone shipped theirs back for RMA and had it returned already? Curious what the turn around time is like. I shipped mine today.
I shipped mine back last Saturday, it was delivered to White Madness on Monday. Ilja emailed me back and let me know that it was shipped back to me today, according to tracking info it should arrive next Monday. Will post pics once the shifter is back in my hands. Driving around with the stock shifter again sucks :D

Mr. G

Ira
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium convertible oxford white
auto adapter

Another picture.
Hi,
would you be willing to have another adapter made for sale. if not would you give me the name of the shop that made it. I've been looking at the WMG unit which seems very good but I'd like a custom knob to use.

Sponsored

Mr. G

Ira
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Received this email from them on March 18th.

I'm using the one I originally ordered with the Spring modification...Works but needs the correct sleeve to fit snug.
Hi Harley,
did you ever get the correct adapter from Sickspeed? I just got a quote from them and they said the adapter is only available in black, and I would prefer chrome. if you got it do you know the model #
?:shrug:

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Hi Harley,
did you ever get the correct adapter from Sickspeed? I just got a quote from them and they said the adapter is only available in black, and I would prefer chrome. if you got it do you know the model #
?:shrug:
Sorry, I never received one. Went back to original.

Mr. G

Ira
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

Mr. G

Ira
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I put the Factory knob back on, the other came off several times.
sorry to hear that. just trying to decide between the sickspeed adapter and custom knob as opposed to the WMG unit which only comes in standard colors, and is also twice the price.

:shrug:
Sponsored