Sponsored

Automatic Shift Knob Swap

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
We just had 10 years of T-handled stock auto shifters. Having the ball design is a long awaited change.
Sponsored

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
We just had 10 years of T-handled stock auto shifters. Having the ball design is a long awaited change.
True. I was thinking something more low profile. Similar to what Dodge puts in the challenger/charger (not exact).

The factory auto handles from the 05-09 cars actually looked good. Not so much from 10-14. Looked like something that belonged in a minivan.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I would like to see a short throw, ratchet shifter to replace the paddles.

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
10 years...more like 46 years...ever since the mustang came out, they have used a T-handel design (some years are an exception)...my stock handle in my 1970 is of a T-handle design :D...gets me wondering if one could fit the t-handel from a classic mustang onto the modern shifter...hmmmm

Sponsored

Jak112460

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
VERY NICE! Are you selling these?
No. I just found a place that could CNC what I wanted and a place that makes shift balls and I had them make my design. Both are one off and very expensive. Looks factory too. The shifter part is made to look like the factory manual shifter but I tweaked the design so it would be my own but still have a oem look.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
No. I just found a place that could CNC what I wanted and a place that makes shift balls and I had them make my design. Both are one off and very expensive. Looks factory too. The shifter part is made to look like the factory manual shifter but I tweaked the design so it would be my own but still have a oem look.
IMO...Quality is always worth the price-->:hail: :first: :hail:

Sponsored

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Jak do you have any side shots of your shifter (installed or not)? Curious as to how tall it is relative to the stock automatic shifter?

Jak112460

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Jak do you have any side shots of your shifter (installed or not)? Curious as to how tall it is relative to the stock automatic shifter?
I'm getting my interior done in a few weeks including the shifter boot so I will do pictures then. I just bought a oem boot and bezel to test fit my shifter to make sure the color and fit was right. I needed to make something on the bottom side of the boot to hold it onto the shifter as well. I used one of the crappy aftermarket auto shifter adapters as my model to make the new one. I wanted mine to look very close to the one that Ford made for the manual shifters. Mine is aluminum and the factory one is cheap plastic glued to to the boot.

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
I do like the look of yours but looking to go with something not too much bigger than the interior shaft. On my '67 Firebird I had the shift knob off a '76 Firebird. Just pushed down on the entire knob to get past the lockouts. I would go with the WM offering if they allowed me to use aftermarket shift balls. I want a black one with silver strips and willing to shell out the money.

Jak112460

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ok so I purchased a shifter so I can do modifications to it to see if my idea would work. It seems to have worked the way I want it to. Now my auto shifter adapter and shift ball are a little over and inch lower than the stock shifter handle. The picture shows the shift boot on top of the shifter with adapter and installed. Once I install this thing I will tell if it actually works and post more pictures. I see no reason why it won't work.
image.jpg

Jak112460

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Here's the stock shifter installed the way it is in our cars.
image.jpg
Sponsored