Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase

Stang_Life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So after lot of thought, I couldn't overlook the crazy discounts on MY17's so cancelled my order for MY18. Happy to say I picked up my yellow GT today (all be it slightly dirty after her long journey from Victoria) and just OMG! Coming from a 350z and previously Toyota 86, that V8 rumble made my day. That's what was missing in my life. Heaps fun to drive, even those rather unnerving few kms without number plates on as I got the rego done.

Quick one for you guys, need help with the number plates please. I got the ugly yellow plates and wondering if I have to drill them on to the bumper as the dealer has put no holders or anything on. I will be getting my mustang personalised plates in few weeks, so worried if the same drilled holes can be used then. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Aj05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
Quick one for you guys, need help with the number plates please. I got the ugly yellow plates and wondering if I have to drill them on to the bumper as the dealer has put no holders or anything on. I will be getting my mustang personalised plates in few weeks, so worried if the same drilled holes can be used then. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance
Hey Stang_Life,
The plate holes are usually universal. But if you want be conservative you could mount the standard plate low so then the personal plate can mount above it covering the first holes.

Since-64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grand Cherokee, G6ET, 2016 Mustang
You could use some 3m double sided tape until your personalised plates arrive.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I got NSW slimlime plates and had to drill them. Double sided tape wasn't hugely successful in my experience. I used it only to gap the plates off the paintwork and secured them with screws. When I had some work done they put the plate back on using just the tape and I caught the front plate just before it dropped off. The front bumper is v shaped so unless you space it you'll need to bend the plate slightly. Some people have used aftermarket plate holders like the Lakin with success.

I got the stock Ford plate holders with the car. They look like planks but could be used as an interim measure as they align with the standard bumper holes and you can just drill into them to mount the current plates.

Sponsored

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
A lot of us, particularly in the early days, went with Lakin Plates. He manufactured to match the "V" of the front bumper, this included the mounting bracket, which fixed to the 2 dimples, and the Kingpin cover which fixes to the bracket. All Lakin gear is of a very high standard and quality.

He's had some illness lately and has scaled down operations somewhat, all the details are in the sticky. That thread also has plenty of photos.

Cheers

Zepboy

5LitresOfDemocracy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Race Manual GT
All you need now is to spend the obligatory $900 on a set of roush axlebacks and really watch that smile cross your dial!!!!

Stang_Life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
All you need now is to spend the obligatory $900 on a set of roush axlebacks and really watch that smile cross your dial!!!!
Haha yes mate, the next must have I reckon. But I might have to wait for a Sydney meet to check out few exhausts as all those hours of youtube videos have left me rather confused. Really like the Corsa Extreme (as it has dual personality apparently) but then it's really expensive and not to forget NSW cops. Roush is great too but I think I want a cat-back.

Thanks all for the suggestions for the plates, ended up with the plank Ford supplies. Was rather awkward walking into a dealer that I didn't buy from and ask them to help me out. Surprisingly they were very nice, and didn't charge me a cent!

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Really like the Corsa Extreme (as it has dual personality apparently) but then it's really expensive and not to forget NSW cops
If you want to hear it, I’m happy to oblige outside of meets/cruises. No trouble with the cops after almost 18 months :thumbsup:

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
No trouble with the cops after almost 18 months :thumbsup:
Nor with the neighbours, thanks to your dual industrial-grade Fleshjacks.

:thumbsup:
Sponsored