Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black
Way too much but i searched cars with less than 1000km and was 16 listed and some cheap enough

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/?q....GT._.Series.FN.)))_.Odometer.range(..1000).)
i might have seen that one on carsales months ago, yeah way too much,

there was another one selling in QLD for $76k private a few months ago, that sold in a few weeks,

Caliornia was about $67,290 plus on-road costs
so about $74k drive away if im not mistaken

will be interesting how second market goes from now,

i feel that prices will just fall a bit slower than normal, given prices of the s650 is quite high

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
If you were coming from an FN, I don't think I would wait or pay the premium for an S650 at this point. A demo S550 would make a smarter choice in my opinion.

Coming from the earlier FM, then waiting for S650 seems more logical.

I love my current Mustang, but I want something new. Nothing else new interests me at this price point, and I get scared of buying used, which rules out a BMW M2, Porche Boxter/Cayman or Jaguar F-Type which are all considerations. I also LOVE the naturally aspirated character of the Coyote. So, in a way, I have no other choice.

But spending this much on a car was not something I ever expected to be doing. I'm very lucky to have no debt at the moment, I have no children to spend money on, I don't go on holidays, don't drink, don't smoke, don't go out. I work my face off, and to be frank, this bloody car is what has kept me at least somewhat motivated over the last 12+ months. So, what else do I spend money on?

I'm still to visit the dealer and nail down the price, which I will do this coming Monday. My biggest bargaining power will be the S550. With Ford jacking up the price on new Mustang's, that will likely hold or boost the resale value of S550's, not to mention my car is basically showroom ready, the dealer won't need to do a single thing other than sign the paperwork and put it up for sale. As such, I have a changeover figure that will make the situation good for me, and hopefully them as well.

Ozcraig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Coupe
$A is absolute rubbish right now. That has to be a factor of this pricing. Bad time to be buying an import. Ford knows they can sell everything they get so they don't care how much pain they inflict.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
$A is absolute rubbish right now. That has to be a factor of this pricing. Bad time to be buying an import. Ford knows they can sell everything they get so they don't care how much pain they inflict.
I remember when the media were quoting "experts" saying that once cars were no longer made in Australia, new car prices would go down. Not sure where they got that from, because without local cars, there is no reference point to where every imported car was grounded against.

Without that value proposition of a large, powerful Holden or Ford to compare against, we now have car companies loading prices to juuust within reach of consumers, knowing full well buyers have no choice. Hence why a base VW Golf is now a $40,000 proposition, and an underpowered front wheel drive medium SUV would have bought you a XR6 Turbo or Commodore SV6 in the past.

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
AUDUSD is basically near enough to the lowest its been in 2 decades outside the black swan events of GFC and Pandemic . If we actually still had a car industry it would be fully kicking ass at these exchange rates .

The average price of AUD since it was floated in the 80's is 76c fwiw so buying a mustang now is coming with approx 20% premium in aud terms compared to historical averages . Certainly not a great time to be buying anything imported . The currency weakness is why inflation is a bit stickier here than US . We import everything and most things are priced in USD so we effectively import that inflation with interest atm . Latest CPI here was 5.2% compared to US data a couple weeks earlier at 3.7% . While inflation is above 3% there is little chance of interest rate cuts , US likely to cut rates before Aust and when that happens the AUD should get stronger . Thats likely to make imported goods cheaper but that may be a couple years away and a car can be an emotional purchase ( especially a Mustang ) so waiting is not on anyones agenda .

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I'm backing that folks with an S550 who were intending to 'upgrade' to the S650 instead splash for blowers and supporting mods for their current cars in the next 12 months or so while saving coin, burning off S650s at every opportunity, and not getting bagged out for ipad screens.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I remember when the media were quoting "experts" saying that once cars were no longer made in Australia, new car prices would go down. Not sure where they got that from, because without local cars, there is no reference point to where every imported car was grounded against.
Indeed, and did we explore the obvious path of importing good quality late model cars from Japan en masse as the Kiwis have been doing for ever? Noooooo not on your or every remaining dealer brand's nelly we didn't, that one was stitched up by big money toot sweet.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I'm backing that folks with an S550 who were intending to 'upgrade' to the S650 instead splash for blowers and supporting mods for their current cars in the next 12 months or so while saving coin, burning off S650s at every opportunity, and not getting bagged out for ipad screens.
I already have a supercharged Coyote in my garage, so not really worth doing. Frankly, I prefer the naturally aspirated sound anyway.

For me, I feel like it's time for something new, even if that something new is essentially another red Mustang.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
2012+ W204 C63 AMG
I have used Porsche Boxter/Cayman, Supra, Jaguar F-Type and BMW M2 on my consideration list. Supra and M2 don't quite do it for me, and all bar Supra mean shopping used. I'm not interested in buying someone else's toy, I've been there in the past, in effect dealing with differed maintenance from the previous owners. To get the car I want above, it means buying cars older than what I have now.

In regard to the F-Type, I would only be able to afford the V6, but the V8 is the one I want. Annoyingly, every single JLR product drops like a stone when it comes to resale.....................except for the F-Type. Typical.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Let me know how the bruise on the side of your head is after the first time you get in. I was at GFOS when the Supra was released and thought I'd give it a go at the Toyota stand. I'd been in and out of various 911s about 10 times, no problem. Supra = whack.

'Sensors are picking up high levels of obvious in this sector Captain' thus:

In regard to the F-Type, I would only be able to afford the V6, but the V8 is the one I want
I'm very lucky to have no debt at the moment, I have no children to spend money on, I don't go on holidays, don't drink, don't smoke, don't go out. I work my face off, and to be frank, this bloody car is what has kept me at least somewhat motivated over the last 12+ months. So, what else do I spend money on?
:question:

Consultation invoice is in the mail.

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
PS who needs 2 Jaaaaaags Clarkson would think you were unsufferable.
If you going to have 2 jags one has to be a 423kw SVR Fpace , for trips to the airport/shopping , even if it's only one jag this is what i'd get , a true daily driver . One day it will be mine
Sponsored