Aussie S650 wait List and deposits?

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
Previous forecasts have suggested the AUD should strengthen against the greenback in the later part of this year, into early 24.

This article is dated, but here's hoping!

FoA will be rubbing their hand together, being invoiced in USD$ at the time of delivery from the parent however.
Article so out of date its irrelevant .

Whenever they set the australian pricing there is a big probability Ford will hedge that price so any fluctuations in AUDUSD are largely cancelled out , it's how big finance largely works . They effectively lock the price for the period of pricing model for generallly a year

Also as fas as AUD forecasts go i can find ones that forecast AUD dropping as well so pick your bias and find the forecast that matched what you want .

semi recent
ScreenShot2287.jpg
Sponsored

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Led to believe the oz S650 price is released today , Depending on how ford set the AUD conversion ( probably an average of 'x' days my best guesstimate ) I have Auto a range of 85900 to 87600 . Split the middle and thats some type of sticker shock . Hope i have been wrong for all on the wait list . The base model standard inclusion list based on outgoing base model . Looking like a 10k jump in price ... OMG inflation sucks

Chooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Ford LTD
Looks like a really disappointing result all round. Massive price hike, barely anymore power and torque than the S550 due to noise restrictions.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
My spec, not good........................pretty disappointed to be frank. :crying:

Screenshot-80.png

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Surely not!
Yep.........................and waaaay down on power vs the US spec cars too. Darkhorse only has 2 kW more than a GT, and LESS torque than a GT. What a kick in the face.

s650p.jpg

Reactions: PKs

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
My spec, not good........................pretty disappointed to be frank. :crying:

Screenshot-80.png
Wow it's even worse than i thought , assume you specced magnaride and recaros at that price . I suspect a few might be keeping the s550 and modding now , afterall its almost the same car mechanically . Fair to say given that price rise the S550 will hold value better than many anticipated . Cant wait to see a couple s650 on the road

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Wow it's even worse than i thought , assume you specced magnaride and recaros at that price . I suspect a few might be keeping the s550 and modding now , afterall its almost the same car mechanically . Fair to say given that price rise the S550 will hold value better than many anticipated . Cant wait to see a couple s650 on the road
GT Hardtop, automatic, Black Pack and Magneride. Decided against Recaro's in the end.

I placed my name down back in September 2022. We were supposed to get pricing in March 2023, then April 2023 then.....................................by October 2023, I had an build allocation....................on a car I had no idea what was going to cost me. I didn't even get the chance to properly sit down and order the car. I would have probably skipped Magneride if that was the case, because now I'm looking at basically a $100,000 Ford.

The whole experience has been a joke. And this is NOT the dealers fault, rather Ford Australia. I even complained to Ford Customer Service, who then prompted me to talk to the stock controller because "we don't have information on new cars anymore..............". That is what Ford Australia, a company that sells new cars, told me. And now they have the gall to hike the price up so much that it takes the car out of reach for many. The whole concept of the Mustang has always been the sports car for the working class. Now, its basically the same price as a BMW.

The final slap in the face is the huge power reduction over US spec cars.

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
GT Hardtop, automatic, Black Pack and Magneride. Decided against Recaro's in the end.

I placed my name down back in September 2022. We were supposed to get pricing in March 2023, then April 2023 then.....................................by October 2023, I had an build allocation....................on a car I had no idea what was going to cost me. I didn't even get the chance to properly sit down and order the car. I would have probably skipped Magneride if that was the case, because now I'm looking at basically a $100,000 Ford.

The whole experience has been a joke. And this is NOT the dealers fault, rather Ford Australia. I even complained to Ford Customer Service, who then prompted me to talk to the stock controller because "we don't have information on new cars anymore..............". That is what Ford Australia, a company that sells new cars, told me. And now they have the gall to hike the price up so much that it takes the car out of reach for many. The whole concept of the Mustang has always been the sports car for the working class. Now, its basically the same price as a BMW.

Ok i specced a S650 same spec / colour as my S550 and it is $92300 . I paid $76400 6 months ago exactly today , mind blown , if it wasn't for that Twin ipad dash i would have held out for S650 , bullet dodged i think . I feel disappointed for all waiting .

Sponsored

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
Even the Ecoboost model has gone up $11k or so. Not sure of the inclusions but it seems to have less based on the previous model had the HPP so was a GT without the V8.

Very very shocked and disappointed for those who had their names down with an allocation. I feel lucky I was able to get an S550. I guess values will hold well for some time yet.

tuf50L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order pending
Paid $82K for a S550 with recaros and magnaride in June.
I thought that was right up there.
Now the same spec is $98K. Insane.

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black

I cancelled my GT order when they asked me to confirm the order a few weeks ago,

kind of feel like going out and buying another brand new s550 now after seeing pricing

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)