Sponsored

Are you considering other cars besides the 2015 Mustang?

Will you cross-shop the 2015 Mustang?

• Total voters

Typhoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' Typhoon, 16' WRX
saw the new BMW M235i hmm, got me thinking.
Sponsored

wjones14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE; Sold: 2005 Mustang GT
saw the new BMW M235i hmm, got me thinking.
I saw one too and I really like them. The problem is that they're a good $10K more than a Mustang GT, and for that price you get 100 less horsepower. The BMW salesman said that he's not going to get any M235i cars for less than $50K, and they won't be doing discounts. Maybe BS as far as the discounts, but I think he's right about most of them coming in at $50K. The base model for $44K has vinyl seats! Who's going to buy that?

Nate408

Threads
Reaction score
Don't forget how f***** you are when it goes out of warranty and something breaks ;)

Shark77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MS3
In addition to the Mustang GT, I'm considering the S3 or MKVII Golf R and maybe a used C63. However, the C63 repair costs will probably keep me from going that route unless I find a deal I can't pass up.

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
I saw one too and I really like them. The problem is that they're a good $10K more than a Mustang GT, and for that price you get 100 less horsepower. The BMW salesman said that he's not going to get any M235i cars for less than $50K, and they won't be doing discounts. Maybe BS as far as the discounts, but I think he's right about most of them coming in at $50K. The base model for $44K has vinyl seats! Who's going to buy that?
Very typical for BMW not to give discounts or very small ones

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I'll patiently wait to see any special or halo editions of the S550. At this point, it'll be a tough challenge to replace the fun-factor, quality, and technology I experience in my Z51 Stingray. Presently, there's no other sports/muscle car out there that's more exciting overall than the new C7 (especially at under 60K)... and I don't even want to talk about the almighty C7 Z06 that's around the corner for release later this year!

At this current stage, for me, even my '12 Boss 302 still plants huge grins everytime I drive it... particularly when hearing its melodic exhaust, it always resets raw excitement... so I'll reserve my options instead of immediately committing to the new Mustang.

If I end up really liking (meaning significantly!) the new S550, the car I'd likely trade-in would be my '12 Camaro SS... but I'll still keep my options wide open for other upcoming 2015 or 2016 models. So many choices out there; even nice powerful sports sedans... that's a good thing. Heck I'm even patiently eyeing Porsche's new sports-SUV, the Macan. I'd like to test drive that too before making any decisions.

Typhoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' Typhoon, 16' WRX
I seriously doubt a well configured 15' GT is going to be any less the 45K. The difference between 45 and 50K isn't that much more. Personally I would like to get the M235 in cloth interior and save on weight for the track. But that's just me.

Don't forget how f***** you are when it goes out of warranty and something breaks ;)
I am sure it wont cost anything more then any other car. Having spoken with a a few C63 and M5 owners there service and yearly operating cost are about the same at the STi.

In addition to the Mustang GT, I'm considering the S3 or MKVII Golf R and maybe a used C63. However, the C63 repair costs will probably keep me from going that route unless I find a deal I can't pass up.
C63 AMG is also a great option, I have been looking at a couple used ones. The almost 70K for a new one is a little out of my range. Also a used RS4 may be an option. The Golf R isn't coming to the states this model year which is disappointing.

MadMoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stuff
You should be able to get an M235i for invoice pricing before the end of the year which is around 7% off msrp. Hell they're selling M5's for like 13k off msrp now lol.
I still wouldn't get an M235i though, doesn't even have a limited slip diff, only 320hp, weighs 3500lbs which is insane for that tiny car. And it's going to be pretty close to base M3 pricing when you add some options... those i6 turbo engines aren't as tunable as they used to be either due to BMW shenanigans

rikb53

Threads
Reaction score
I just paid off my 2012 (and i'm keeping it) - so, after saving more $$ for a big downpmt - i'll most likely be looking at the 2016 5.0 - but, an SVT option is definitely on the table too

carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Only car being considered is a C6 Z06 outside of the 2015 GT PP.

Sponsored

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
I'm actually starting to consider getting the 2015 F-150 so I have a vehicle I can actually use for towing, hauling, skiing, hiking, biking, etc and that more than one passenger can comfortably ride in. Such a shame that there's so little legroom in the rear seats of the stang.

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2006 MBenz SLK55 AMG - '97 BMW 540I - 2010 Audi S4
I seriously doubt a well configured 15' GT is going to be any less the 45K. The difference between 45 and 50K isn't that much more. Personally I would like to get the M235 in cloth interior and save on weight for the track. But that's just me.
I don't think you'll save much weight with the M235I. BMWs are piggies these days.

Also, a driver's GT w/ PP, cloth recaros will be maybe 36K. That is with Recaros, LSD, and 420+HP so I can't see M235I being a better track car for the price.

I am sure it wont cost anything more then any other car. Having spoken with a a few C63 and M5 owners there service and yearly operating cost are about the same at the STi.
Have you owned a BMW before out of warranty? I'd say more than an STi but I don't know much about them. I do know from experience all sorts of stuff will fall apart around 90K, but I don't plan to keep any new car that long anymore.

C63 AMG is also a great option, I have been looking at a couple used ones. The almost 70K for a new one is a little out of my range. Also a used RS4 may be an option. The Golf R isn't coming to the states this model year which is disappointing.

lol C63 AMG, over double a GT.

I drooled over the M235 forever refreshing all the time on the 2addicts site then BAM the mustang had everything people on the board wanted. Also, once the hydraulic steering went on BMWs I've felt much less brand loyal, the 'magic' is gone.