Sponsored

Are these regrets?

Wolfman625

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT in Deep impact Blue
Let me start off by saying I love the mustang! It's amazing. So refined and easy to drive eavry day. It's so fun. Love the looks. I find myself looking at it as I walk away every time.

So lits get to the point. I was fortunate enough (especially at my age 23) to be able to purchase my 15 GT up front. But..... just thinking that if I would of put that 30k or so down on a Hellcat and finance the rest. Well I would have a Hellcat! And that is amazing! BUT then I would have a large payment ever month compared to none.

My goal is to add a supercharger to the stang and make it a worthy competitor but still retain the daily driver aspect of it
I think I'm just a lil starry eyed for SRT. I had a 08 charger SRT8. And loved every second of it. Modded it quite a bit. I ended up selling it for a 06 GTO because I wanted a manual again (had a 04 mustang GT vert manual befor SRT8)

Back to what I said befor I love the mustang. I come from a mustang family. Dad has a 12 gt500 and mom has a 07 gt. I love having a mustang again (literally almost signed for a ZL1) and family gatherings would be awkward if I had a camaro.

Definitely going to be enjoying the mustang for many years and with the help of some boost (and much needed wheels and tires) my kitty love will be suppressed
Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
You've got a badass ride man, do not regret.

You made the smart financial choice, also can you imagine insurance on Hellcat for a 24 year old? Yikes!

Enjoy this time, it doesn't come back around again. To be in your early 20's with a Mustang/Camaro/Challenger is a great thing, and passes before you know it :)

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
The Hellcat is too much of a boat IMO. I'm more of a fan of handling vs. merely straight line performance and the S550 chassis is just so much more maneuverable.

I don't think you'll regret putting 707 ponies in a Mustang and saving some money vs. the Hellcat unless you just want out of the box drag racing or something.

Diggitydog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GHIG GT Vert
I was fortunate enough (especially at my age 23) to be able to purchase my 15 GT up front. But..... just thinking that if I would of put that 30k or so down on a Hellcat and finance the rest. Well I would have a Hellcat! And that is amazing! BUT then I would have a large payment ever month compared to none.

My goal is to add a supercharger to the stang and make it a worthy competitor but still retain the daily driver aspect of it
I think I'm just a lil starry eyed for SRT. I had a 08 charger SRT8. And loved every second of it. Modded it quite a bit. I ended up selling it for a 06 GTO because I wanted a manual again (had a 04 mustang GT vert manual befor SRT8)

Back to what I said befor I love the mustang. I come from a mustang family. Dad has a 12 gt500 and mom has a 07 gt. I love having a mustang again (literally almost signed for a ZL1) and family gatherings would be awkward if I had a camaro.

Definitely going to be enjoying the mustang for many years and with the help of some boost (and much needed wheels and tires) my kitty love will be suppressed
Sounds less like regrets than grass is greener envy. We all have it and the main thing is you have to stay put and realize that having a sweet '15 GT that is paid for is SO much better than financing a Hellcat. Be proud of what you have and enjoy it. There's always something faster better sexier around no matter what. You'll learn this as you continue to age.

Some bolt on boost will make your Pony a beast and for much less than jumping to the tire roasting puuddy cat.

DRKHR5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6-spd OW PP
The modification process should be what you look forward to of all things if your goal is to compete with the best on the market. Wouldn't be worth the debt and overall dollar to buy the maximized version of a car from a manufacturer in your situation.

The fun has just begun… create something just as fun for less money

Sponsored

mj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 Fords, 1 Mazda, 1 Mercury
Mustang GT + NO debt + 23 years old = a wise decision for your age.

Angry Irishman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Coupe PP
If you have a paid off GT and remain debt free....you're ahead of the game. In the end, any car, when financed becomes just a car payment. You made the right choice; especially at 23 years old.

Enjoy you're ride and I applaud your hard work and sound judgement.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
A hell cat is nice, but nothing a supercharged 5.0 cant out perform with a solid power adder.

GTsquid

Would you have money left over for mods if you financed the Hellcat? It sounds like you have some nostalgia from it being so fun partly due to all the work you put into it.

Being debt free and having $ left to put into mods will give you more fun in the long run.

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
Just imagine how much a hell cat will depreciate in a few years, and you won't feel so bad.

No disrespect to the challenger, as I love that car as well. But any car with that high of a tag, with the exception of some brands, will depreciate. It is just a fact. How much are 2 year old, 50k+ SRT8 Challengers going for?

Sponsored

Ecobeast

GT owner now.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford mustang GT
2012 srt8' s. Roughly 32,000.
MRSP. 45,000

Fyi :-)

OP
OP
Wolfman625

Wolfman625

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT in Deep impact Blue
Thanks you guys so much for all the support. Definitely am not getting rid of the mustang any time soon. It is a absolute beast and definitely know why I bought it and that I will be able to mod it and make it my own. If anything im using the Hellcat as motivation to make my 5.0 a monster but still composed.

steelertown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
In my opinion the Hellcat looks better than the mustang and stands out more when you see one. I absolutly love the new color sublime green pearl on it too. The challenger unfortuntly is one of those cars I love to look at but just isnt right for me to own. I feel more comfortable in the mustang. The mustang pretty much won in a list of 10 cars I looked at.

I think you made the right choice not going in debt for a car.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
In my opinion the Hellcat looks better than the mustang and stands out more when you see one. I absolutly love the new color sublime green pearl on it too. The challenger unfortuntly is one of those cars I love to look at but just isnt right for me to own. I feel more comfortable in the mustang. The mustang pretty much won in a list of 10 cars I looked at.

I think you made the right choice not going in debt for a car.
:shrug:
They all look alike to me.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Dude, you are in a prime situation for people your age who wants to buy cars. Im only three years older than you and i wish i was in your situation.
Sponsored