Sponsored

anyone put a cold air kit on yet on GT? how is it?

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
What are your iat's on that "true" cold air?

I posted my jlt hot air iat's. With pictures. And Dyno PROVEN horsepower.

I have data and facts on the evil hot air jlt.

Y so angry bro?
Sponsored

stulaw11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y so angry bro?
Too many idiotic "hot air intake" comments around here lately. If you don't think it doesn't work, then DONT BUY IT! Many many people think it does and can back it up with numbers.

I don't understand why there are a few members (some who haven't posted here [yet]) who have to crap up every CAI thread honestly.

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Too many idiotic "hot air intake" comments around here lately. If you don't think it doesn't work, then DONT BUY IT! Many many people think it does and can back it up with numbers.

I don't understand why there are a few members (some who haven't posted here [yet]) who have to crap up every CAI thread honestly.

FYI. you're preaching to the choir.

spoole96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Well maybe I shouldn't have used the word "true"?

Anyway, I prefer to have an enclosed CAI to try to keep the filter cleaner. Not that my engine bay will get very dirty on this ride like my truck does. I love all the options that we're lucky enough to choose from. That's what makes it so much damn fun for me when it comes to modding. What kind of numbers have y'all been getting just off of a CAI? I don't think I'll be putting mine on a dyno just for a few bolt on's.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
The jlts seem to be the best one going. Airaid second. We have both in available

Sponsored

stulaw11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What kind of numbers have y'all been getting just off of a CAI? I don't think I'll be putting mine on a dyno just for a few bolt on's.
Here's the problem. There still seems to be a camp that thinks only (without other mods) a cat back adds a ton of HP, or just a CAI, or just a tune. It's a combination of these 3 items that gives the 20-30 hp gain. The tune will give you the most HP solely, but its the 3 working in tandem really (intake, the tune adjustments to the engine in the middle, and finally the outlet/exhaust). The whole system is improved overall.

I would never do a CAI without a tune of vice versa. The exhaust is semi-independent as it can be done purely for sound.

spoole96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Here's the problem. There still seems to be a camp that thinks only (without other mods) a cat back adds a ton of HP, or just a CAI, or just a tune. It's a combination of these 3 items that gives the 20-30 hp gain. The tune will give you the most HP solely, but its the 3 working in tandem really (intake, the tune adjustments to the engine in the middle, and finally the outlet/exhaust). The whole system is improved overall.

I would never do a CAI without a tune of vice versa. The exhaust is semi-independent as it can be done purely for sound.

Well no kidding. I thought you said there are many many people on this site that have dyno'd their cars after they installed a CAI. I have the 3 most common mods on my S550.

stulaw11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well no kidding. I thought you said there are many many people on this site that have dyno'd their cars after they installed a CAI. I have the 3 most common mods on my S550.
That it makes a difference, not that it was the only item that made the difference.

I've heard the same "hot air intake" stupidity too many times though. Clearly from a simple glance at the item being sold, the air is being taken from the grill and outside the car and not the engine bay where it would be "hot air" from the engine running.

It's just 2-3 more self proclaimed experts as the 2-3 people in the exhaust discussions too claiming to be experts with no number, no credentials, notta. Just bold claims that aren't correct on their face to anyone with basic reasoning skills.

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
IF you install a CAI without a tune, unless its the same size as stock, might as well expect that engine to say g'bye!
Please explain your comment! Or are we all to assume you think the engine will die a horrible death simply because there is now more air available?

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
What are your iat's on that "true" cold air?

I posted my jlt hot air iat's. With pictures. And Dyno PROVEN horsepower.

I have data and facts on the evil hot air jlt.
Dude, take breath and unknot your panties.... just because someone's opinion/choice is different than yours is no reason to get defensive.

Sponsored

gzstang

Who's stang? It's gzstang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/performance pack
Vehicle Showcase
Please explain your comment! Or are we all to assume you think the engine will die a horrible death simply because there is now more air available?
I think what he is trying to say is the air/fuel ratio will not be correct... Which yes could be bad.

spoole96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
thinking of putting a cold air kit on my 2015 GT, not sure which one.

has anyone put one on yet, with or without a tuner on it? do you notice any difference? is it worth it? which brand did you get?

thanks
Have you gained a lot of info on your thread yet disneyfun1? Lol. I personally don't think CAI is worth the money if that's the only mod your going to do (for power, torque, or fuel economy). They do sound cool though and help with throttle response a little. With a tuner and exhaust, yeah, you'll notice a big difference in the power department. If that's what your looking for.

I forgot to mention that after I installed my CAI, my GT felt very sluggish in the mid RPM range (without the tune). I didn't give my computer much time to adjust the air/fuel radio though.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
We picked up a solid tenth when the coyote was first introduced back in 2010. We also gained 1.5 mph

When the car is moving, sit is moving

What I always tell people is for stop and go traffic the stock air box works great. I'd you want to maximize gains n.a. at the track. Three jlt is the way to go

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
I'm waiting for Steeda to come out with their CAI. Had one on my 05 GT, very good looking system & quality is top notch!
Sponsored