Sponsored

Anyone here gone to a dyno/tuner and got just a tune? What gains did you get?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

Has anyone here literally gone to a dyno, ran their car stock and then loaded a tune or got a custom tune on the dyno that same day?

I ask because I want to see some true comparisons of what just a tune gains, it can of course be a tune with CAI, but I'd really like to see:

Same day:
Dyno stock
Dyno with tune or tune with CAI

Anyone done this? If so can you share your results please and what octane you were running / tuned for?
Sponsored

daniel_94kg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
So I didn't do it on the dyno, but after I installed my first long tube setup, I had a local shop do a dyno tune and I ran a 13.0@110mph, parked the car, loaded the Lund 93 Octane tune and 30 mins later ran a 12.5 @115mph. (terrible 2.0 60' time on street tires for both runs). which turned me into a Lund customer for life basically.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I didn't do it on the dyno, but after I installed my first long tube setup, I had a local shop do a dyno tune and I ran a 13.0@110mph, parked the car, loaded the Lund 93 Octane tune and 30 mins later ran a 12.5 @115mph. (terrible 2.0 60' time on street tires for both runs). which turned me into a Lund customer for life basically.
So you had a local shop tune, so car was already tuned. But then you went to Lund for a tune for same setup and their tune alone gave that improvement over another shops tune?

If so fantastic result! Is that other local shop on this forum, be good to know who they are so no one else makes the same mistake. :)

daniel_94kg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
So you had a local shop tune, so car was already tuned. But then you went to Lund for a tune for same setup and their tune alone gave that improvement over another shops tune?

If so fantastic result! Is that other local shop on this forum, be good to know who they are so no one else makes the same mistake. :)
yeah, after I installed the longtubes I took it to them. They've built some 1000+ hp monsters, and they did pretty good on my built foxbodies so I had them tune my car. I was pretty new to the email tune thing. I was disappointed with the way it felt, so I went with Lund and yea, it was a massive difference all around :headbang:

Knuckles-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt deep impact blue
i had bama tune my car wasn't bad but when i put it track mode the car jerked violently on downshifts. I went to Fordspeed in Largo florida they specialize in ford. I talked to Rob the owner told him about the down shifting issue. he was able to fix that and also pick up about 20 more hp said it was a really conservitive tune that bama had in it. so i recomend a reputable dyno shop over email tunes

Sponsored

RomanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Go with Lund. My car trapped 114.29mph with their FF tune running E85...Stock air box. Best I ever trapped stock was 109, but it was in warmer conditions so it isn't apples to apples.

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
Look at the sig...

MyMilkshake...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 M4 Competition & Tuned DS3R The Stang Killer
Dyno numbers - a tuning gauge to show torque & BHP increases,

Track Times - very subjective, launch, gear change, temperatures etc

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I made 398 and 382 and ran 12.1 at 113 on a 93 JDM tune and ran 11.88 at 116 on my POPS Racing 93 tune. Haven't had the pops tune on the dyno, but I'm very happy with it and with Adam Marrer.

Sponsored

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
Unfortunately few seem to be interested in track times but rather dyno numbers. Such a shame.

lol let's race our dyno sheets yayyyyy
my 370rwhp car has crushed 400-440rwhp 5.0 cars at the track

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
lol let's race our dyno sheets yayyyyy
my 370rwhp car has crushed 400-440rwhp 5.0 cars at the track
That's not the point...what the OP is asking is EXACTLY what dyno's are meant to be used for...tuning.
He wants info from someone that did a stock car baseline, then from the same car - same dyno with a tune. That shows the increase from that mod only. Yeah there are variables on temp and DA on dyno's ...just like track times.
Good info to those just starting to mod their cars...if anyone has it.
Bama, SCT, etc. all have the info which I'm sure is not inflated do to race gas or prime conditions..:lol:

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's not the point...what the OP is asking is EXACTLY what dyno's are meant to be used for...tuning.
He wants info from someone that did a stock car baseline, then from the same car - same dyno with a tune. That shows the increase from that mod only. Yeah there are variables on temp and DA on dyno's ...just like track times.
Good info to those just starting to mod their cars...if anyone has it.
Bama, SCT, etc. all have the info which I'm sure is not inflated do to race gas or prime conditions..:lol:

I'm glad someone understands what I was asking. :)

But equally I like seeing time slips as well, so time slip stock and then time slip tuned, but ideally an average of several runs so that any gain is consistent and not just a lucky run. ;)

craigsix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I'm glad someone understands what I was asking. :)

But equally I like seeing time slips as well, so time slip stock and then time slip tuned, but ideally an average of several runs so that any gain is consistent and not just a lucky run. ;)
a lucky run is still a run to me as long as i got my timeslip to back it up. ive been racing since1977!
Sponsored