Sponsored

Anyone else like the stock exhaust?

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Ford Racing Touring by Borla, now it sounds like a mustang!
Hell yeah! This was my choice plus and X-pipe...has a bassy rumbly, yet modern sound, loud enough to be noticed while still being neighbor friendly. They look way nicer than stock and saves significant amount of weight too.

Roush AB with resonator (more burbly, old school raw sound), or pypes pro touring with X pipe (more modern aggresive without rasp) are good choices for a more budget minded setup!
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I like the stock GT exhaust sound as well. It doesn't tire me out on a long trip or force me to crank the radio volume when I want to listen. I also don't worry about bugging the neighbors.

I like active exhaust even better though.

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
I'm also in the camp where I find the stock exhaust is fine. It growls when you get on it but can still be quiet around town and on the highway. Can't go wrong with that!

(And it also sound much better than my buddy's Ecoboost, much to his chagrin)

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
No you want mine? its free to go, you gotta pick it up , it has 1500 miles on it! Pm me! I'm in Delaware!

Beerhasvitamins

Never Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO. Kenne Bell 2.8lc
Hated stock exhaust so bought a MBRP street and hated the drone. Sold that and went back to factory exhaust with an x-pipe. Sounds ok and I can have a phone conversation now. Of course I was still craving some volume so I added some electric cutouts for those times I want to be heard.:headbang:
20170117_162215.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I also think the stock exhaust is fine for daily driving. Sometimes I wish it was louder when I'm in the mood for it but after loud exhausts and lots of drone on my past couple cars, I'm just fine with the stock GT exhaust. The new active exhaust on the 2018s would probably be perfect though.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I've deleted the resonator and have the stock muffler's which I'd like to know how much they weigh? No drone and better volume is right for my pony. Later I may install Borla S-type if they are a good weight loss.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
I enjoy the fact that the stock exhaust is not obnoxious.
Most non-car people have told me that my stock V8 sounds good and has a rumble. Perhaps some of the members here have had loud exhausts on all of their cars and are just used to the noise? or had loss of hearing from years of abuse? :lol:

Skully

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
While I think it's too quiet I kinda have to like it and will leave it stock. I'd get pulled over every 500m over here if I fitted a nice aftermarket :/

Having said that the stock sound isn't bad at all, just too muffled imho.

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I had a guy in a hopped-up 4th-gen Z28 with some fairly loud exhaust chasing me from light to light and around one afternoon last summer. I got on it hard a few times, and at the last stop before we parted he told me it sounded great.

As I said, I'm good with the stock setup. I have to say that my CAI seemed to make it a touch throatier too, but some of that might just be intake honk.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I also think the stock exhaust is fine for daily driving. Sometimes I wish it was louder when I'm in the mood for it but after loud exhausts and lots of drone on my past couple cars, I'm just fine with the stock GT exhaust. The new active exhaust on the 2018s would probably be perfect though.
You've just been ruined by drone. I considered going back to stock mufflers with the previous setup I had because of the slight drone and all-the-time deep boomy presence inside. With Corsa, no more, though the same would be true with Borla, FRPP, Solo. The best ones that don't drone have kind of a split personality.

svis326

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I sometimes wish I had the magnaglow compeition, but the drone would drive me insane. I may eventually opt for a roush axleback.

mu5tang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB 3.7L
I put the stock GT exhaust on my V6 with a x pipe, I LOVE it. Not many people realize you can put a GT exhaust on a v6 direct bolt on and go from 2.25" to 2.5". And the x pipe wakes it up!

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
MBRP Race here and while I get a little bit of drone, I don't let the car get under a heavy load and make it drone. I just keep the rpms up and let the bellowing howl cry and my ears are just fine.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Anyone else like the stock exhaust?

NOPE!
Exhaust upgrade was my first mod.
Sponsored