Sponsored

Anyone else feeling the MY18 urge?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Alfa Gulia Quadrifoglio - they look terrible and can only get them with flappy paddles
And anyone buying one out of warranty will be brave, VERY BRAVE, broken Ferrari engine, broken paddle shift gear box, broken electronic dampers. Imagine the bill from Alfa for such repairs, probably be 50k. :D
Sponsored

FilipV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW i3
To be sure the the s550 is a big heavy strong car, but that 2 star NCAP annoyed me. Ford can easily make a 4 or 5 star car and just because they didn't expect to be tested they did not seem to bother. .
As far as I know MY18 is only 3 star car. So they still don't seem to bother :)

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
The reviews and vids has certainly made me think more seriously about swapping, but ultimately it all boils down to price. At £36k I think my car was a bargain, but at £10k more, even with magnitude, active exhaust etc, it's not so clear cut. There are a lot of other very nice cars in the £45k to £50k bracket, particularly if you look at cars a couple of years old.

It wont be too long before an Alfa Gulia Quadrifoglio is under £50k. I'd take one over a Mustang any day.
under £50k for that Alfa is seriously tempting.

Wilksy288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seat!
Yes! Only because I wasn't in a position to buy at the time the 15-17 was out. I'm just hoping they release the prices soon. I'm fully expecting my build to come in around 47k.

Sponsored

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Appeals to an ever growing tech focused market. Looks "slicker" etc etc etc is the 'why' also 'new things!'

As for the map element, no idea. I mean we picked up a mazda 3 nav sport for my older brother this weekend past (from ford in Nottingham), it had HUD and some map gizmos and shiz as standard. I did have to tell the salesman however that the "carbon fiber" in the inside wasn't genuine :lol:. back on the map, it's something that could be done its wehther they have done or not, I mean, the mustang is pitching at a performance market, the audi advert is more at a "heres a boring middle management car" (I jest before someone gets offended!)
Agreed; I, like many, work in that market so I see that side of it. I just wish it were solving a problem, like the LFA - analogue dials ain't quick enough!

A HUD would be nice; the GM stuff (Camaro/Corvette) employs both digital dash and HUD and it's brilliant.

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
To be sure the the s550 is a big heavy strong car, but that 2 star NCAP annoyed me. Ford can easily make a 4 or 5 star car and just because they didn't expect to be tested they did not seem to bother.
At the time of the NCAP result I had a firm order for a grabber blue GT with the 6 speed auto. But because of the two stars Ford were letting people walk away for their orders for the '17, which I did.

I have yet to meet anyone who actually takes NCAP ratings seriously.

Having worked in the crash test industry for nearly 20 years, I know for a fact the numbers mean nothing that bear anything to reality.

The figures are only relevant if you crash into a vehicle of equal size and weight to yours, anything bigger or smaller and the figures mean noting.

Don't forget you also have to crash with a 40% offset and at a closing speed of 40mph, so that means two cars into each other both travelling at 20mph, or you into a stationary vehicle at 40mph.

In real world driving and real world crashes there is virtually zero difference between a 2 star car and a 5 star one.

I have seen the tests, and driven the tests, to prove it.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
yeah lets not derail with ncaps trash. There's a thread for that.

I agree a HUD would be nice. I guess fords just keeps with the times, the LFAs is a practicality and formality rather than a nice to have.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
The figures are only relevant if you crash into a vehicle of equal size and weight to yours, anything bigger or smaller and the figures mean noting.
Exactly. A five star mini will come off worse against a heavy two star Mustang. NCAP ratings don't overcome simple physics

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
I abandoned looking for a Mustang last year - glad I did as the new model appeals a lot to me. Depending on price will be considering one again in the new year.

Sponsored

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly. A five star mini will come off worse against a heavy two star Mustang. NCAP ratings don't overcome simple physics
That makes sense, but it isn't entirely true. The car might, but the occupants may not. Transference of energy (beyond the usual "behind impaled by something" bit) is the killer in most cases.

Either way, the 2 stars were due, as we all now, to lack of noises, alarms and some minor notes on things like submaraning. I'd trust the Mustang. The new car is no safer.

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Alfa Gulia Quadrifoglio - they look terrible and can only get them with flappy paddles
2nd best looking car on the road imo
Would not mind one myself so the Mustang can be my weekend/pleasure car!

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2nd best looking car on the road imo
Would not mind one myself so the Mustang can be my weekend/pleasure car!
There's one here in the car park in blue. Nice to look at. Engine bay looks a nightmare though - changing plugs looks like engine-out. Still, sounds nice.

activeuk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Sold my 2017 and want to order the new one but waitng till pricing and real specs are out

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
That makes sense, but it isn't entirely true. The car might, but the occupants may not. Transference of energy (beyond the usual "behind impaled by something" bit) is the killer in most cases.

Either way, the 2 stars were due, as we all now, to lack of noises, alarms and some minor notes on things like submaraning. I'd trust the Mustang. The new car is no safer.
The new car will be safer, as it will have some of the safety features that the US cars have. things like Cross Traffic warning, which is bloody brilliant
reversing out of a tight spot, with cars whizzing down across you, and suddenly the buzzer goes, and 5 seconds later a car shoots across your rear
Now in my book, that makes the car safer
Some might say the BLIS system is not needed or the anti collision warning, fair enough. but even the best driver can't see cars coming across you, (unless you have X ray vision) :lol:
Sponsored