Anyone else feeling the MY18 urge?

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Great stuff MrWolf, when did you place your order?
January!

That’s when I told them to hold fire in replacing my previous car to a MY18.

Aside from that order was confirmed on the 15th September
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Just been informed my build date of the 2nd January:ford:

Just hope they are not nursing hangovers while assembling the car
What was your exact spec please m8?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's certainly interesting and not something I'd read about the A10. Probably very similar to the skip-shift on the Manual cars US-side.
Yes.

In wet, normal when in D the car will block change, so say 1-3, 3-5, 5-7, 6-4, 4-2 etc. It will do this pretty much without you really noticing, like any good automatic.

In sport/track D mode it will go through all the gears for maximum acceleration.

In drag D mode it will not torque dip, a little like a DSG does when launch control is engaged, it just maximises acceleration. Probably not a mode you'd drive around in, apart from maybe odd traffic light grand prix.

In S mode on the paddles you have 7 gears and 3 over drives. So when driving on the paddles you essentially have two more gears, now I guess to some this could be annoying as your clicking paddles more.

In my M3 which has 6 gears, I hated how I typically was only using 2nd and 3rd on a country road blast, because they were so long legged, as such I wished for closer ratio's so I could pull on the shifter paddles more often. Hence I dropped in a shorter final ratio, so now I am buzzing 2, 3 and 4 and the acceleration difference is amazing.

So I like the idea of shorter ratio's, for me it makes the car more engaging, makes it feel a lot more quicker (more torque at wheels) and I enjoy pulling the paddles. But I love driving single seater race cars which are 6 speed and 6th tops out around 120mph, so you use all 6 gears up and down, great fun.

7th in the A10 tops out at 160mph, so on a country road blast zooming out of 30mph corners upto around 100mph, in an A6 you'd be in 2nd, pull 3rd and that is it. In an A10 you will be in 2nd or 3rd and be pulling 4th and a 5th.

Everyone has different taste but when I want to go for blast I love the idea of more gears to mash through on the paddles. When I am just in town, I will just put it in D mode and let it be an automatic. :)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes.... much stronger, but the main advantage is that they're also lighter...

This gives other suspension and brake components a much easier time. It also improves steering...:)
Also improves ride comfort and acceleration too, reductions in unsprung mass are always a huge positive.

I have just cancelled my forged wheels though, just in case they cost £1000 more as I am not too keen on the design, I don't want to get stitched for an extra £1000 on an option I don't really want.

£1000 buys me wheels of my choice that are probably as light or lighter than Ford's idea of forged wheels. :)

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT auto with Magneride

Basic replacement of my previous, just with added Magneride :cheers:
That explains it. :)

If you option Recaro, forged wheels they are adding delays on builds as Ford build in batches, Recaro optioned cars will no doubt be built Jan/Feb. Forged wheels similar or later.

Rear wing option build date March.

So avoid those options if you want it ASAP. :)

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Also improves ride comfort and acceleration too, reductions in unsprung mass are always a huge positive.

I have just cancelled my forged wheels though, just in case they cost £1000 more as I am not too keen on the design, I don't want to get stitched for an extra £1000 on an option I don't really want.

£1000 buys me wheels of my choice that are probably as light or lighter than Ford's idea of forged wheels. :)
Agreed, not worth that much additional cost. Can nicer aftermarket to the exact size and finish you want for the same price (got my eyes set on a set of P51s)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed, not worth that much additional cost. Can nicer aftermarket to the exact size and finish you want for the same price (got my eyes set on a set of P51s)
I am thinking same wheels as I had on my MY15, either in gunmetal again or gloss black.

I am also liking the SVE 350R black wheels too, look incredible against orange fury.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
That explains it. :)

If you option Recaro, forged wheels they are adding delays on builds as Ford build in batches, Recaro optioned cars will no doubt be built Jan/Feb. Forged wheels similar or later.

Rear wing option build date March.

So avoid those options if you want it ASAP. :)
Not in too much of a hurry. Guess I will see it March/April time (would be nice to have it with an 18 plate)

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
where have you found wheels for only a grand. I've seen a set of signature design wheels I like but they're 4000 dollars been trying to find wheels I like in the UK but haven't seen any

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
From where can the P51s be purchased?

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
I ordered mine in September too but no vin yet apparently. I want the rear spoiler too but there is a question mark over this. Dealer has assured me a couple of times that Ford tell him that it comes in the custom packs but he won’t be certain until pricing released

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered mine in September too but no vin yet apparently. I want the rear spoiler too but there is a question mark over this. Dealer has assured me a couple of times that Ford tell him that it comes in the custom packs but he won’t be certain until pricing released
Seems your dealership has failed to inform you, the spoiler cannot be optioned until end of January, hence your delay.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
where have you found wheels for only a grand. I've seen a set of signature design wheels I like but they're 4000 dollars been trying to find wheels I like in the UK but haven't seen any
That is what I paid for my last set delivered, www.ispiriwheels.com