Anyone else feeling the MY18 urge?

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Being there done that, old gen don't interest me, I want something that drives a bit more European, hence mag ride and A10.
See that's exactly what I don't want... a predictable 'Euro' bus overloaded with electronic systems!

Ahh man maths......I'm also an expert when it comes to justifying stuff I don't need:lol::lol::cheers::thumbsup:
I follow your train of thought :D !
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3

dhallworth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Searching for a Mustang
My brother has a 6 month old Golf R with the DSG box in it and I had an R32 with the DSG which I loved. Watching those A10 video's really makes me wonder if I should be going for a manual or not!

I just don't think it'll be long before you can't get a big engined manual car which is one reason I fancy this one.

Decisions, decisions...

David.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My brother has a 6 month old Golf R with the DSG box in it and I had an R32 with the DSG which I loved. Watching those A10 video's really makes me wonder if I should be going for a manual or not!

I just don't think it'll be long before you can't get a big engined manual car which is one reason I fancy this one.

Decisions, decisions...

David.

If you enjoy using paddles, the A10 should be a riot, it is fast and responsive but even better you will be mashing through those paddles a lot with so many short ratios crammed in.

I've watched a few videos of the 2018 manual and it actually looks boring, in short its got 4 gears as now 5th and 6th are overdrives. :(

They are so long now means you will pretty much just be using 2nd and 3rd within speed limit, hell or even 2nd.

With A10 you might lose that 3rd pedal and the stick, but you've got like 5 gears to shift up and down between within legal speeds. 7th is 1:1 on A10 and 4th is 1:1 on M6.

Also this 2018 loves to rev, proof in those Lund vids of it hitting 8200rpm limiter so quick even in high gears, so the A10 will let you enjoy the upper RPM a lot more than the manual.

A10 all the way, for me its more fun and its a quicker car than manual and far more consistent.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The rev limit seems to be near 8,000 rpm!
8200rpm in second video, Lund are testing limiters, shift points and shift speeds.

I suspect judging by how quick it accelerates even whilst banging the limiter is that they have tuned it too. Expect around 30WHP gain I suspect from tune only which is enough to give 500HP crank on a stock car with no bolt-ons.

Basically 2018 with tune gives us the power a 2015 full bolt-on car got and more.

Sponsored

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
the more I see actual 18's on peoples drives and have proper photos now not the ford promo ones the more i'm glad i'm sticking with my 15-17 one, some people are growing the like the 18 looks but the more I see it the more I think it looks gastly. hopefully the 650 when it comes out in a few years time will be back to a good looking thing.
But all the Ford engineers are saying the new front end was done not for aesthetics, but purely for better dynamics, better stability at speed, better drag coefficient.

Surely come the S650 which will no doubt be even more powerful, all those features will be needed even more, so I can only see this look being the future now for all Mustangs for a while.

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
the more I see actual 18's on peoples drives and have proper photos now not the ford promo ones the more i'm glad i'm sticking with my 15-17 one, some people are growing the like the 18 looks but the more I see it the more I think it looks gastly. hopefully the 650 when it comes out in a few years time will be back to a good looking thing.
whilst I agree the my17 looks marginally 'better' than the my18, i think ghastly is a bit of an exaggeration. if the my17 didn't exist, then the my18 is still a fine looking car (imo) :headbang:

dhallworth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Searching for a Mustang
I'm probably being a bit stupid here so please don't shoot me down in flames!

As I've said before I've run Supercharged Range Rovers for a long time now so spec'ing a car like a Mustang is a first for me which I'm actually pretty excited about :)

What are the benefits or opting for the forged alloy wheels in Custom Pack 3 and 4 over the standard multi spoke wheels in Custom Pack 1 and 2?

Is it just that forged wheels are a lot stronger then cast wheels?

David.

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
A10 all the way, for me its more fun and its a quicker car than manual and far more consistent.
How do you know? Have you driven the A10? (I'm not being an arse; I'm genuinely interested).

I'm of the other opinion. Banging through 10 speeds might be "fun" on a 1/4 mile or track, but constant gear shifting day to day sounds horrible. More gears does not always equal better, and whilst I'm of the opinion the 10 is "good", it's clearly wanting somewhere since the bigger powered vehicles appearing, such as the M5 and Corvette ZR1 are using the 8 speed.

But this is just opinion and internet nonsense. I don't care either way as I'll own neither. It's just interesting to hear about it all.

Sponsored

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
As far as I am aware, and as far as I have read, and heard, in certain modes the A10 will skip gears when going up and down the box, so most of the time you are unlikely to be sitting there waiting for it to "bang" through 7 , 8 or 9 changes, it will only be doing 4 or 5 and getting to top gear, as it will rely more on the torque to pull it through rather than keeping it bang in middle of power band in every gear.

Same as when you use the paddles as far as I am aware it will go up/down two at a time if on lighter to mid throttle for instance, when on full throttle yes it will go up one gear at a time to keep power in middle of the band.

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
That's certainly interesting and not something I'd read about the A10. Probably very similar to the skip-shift on the Manual cars US-side.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Is it just that forged wheels are a lot stronger then cast wheels?

David.
Yes.... much stronger, but the main advantage is that they're also lighter...

This gives other suspension and brake components a much easier time. It also improves steering...:)

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Just been informed my build date of the 2nd January:ford:

Just hope they are not nursing hangovers while assembling the car

Last edited:

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Just been informed my build date of the 2nd January:ford:

Just hope they are not nursing hangovers while assembling the car
Excellent to here. I'm hoping I get a call soon also.
Sponsored