Sponsored

Anybody here from Maryland?

TRAKDAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
CaptialS550 group meets on Sunday's at the Dunkin Dounuts at Dulles Landing. Lots of S550's that meet up there.
Do they have a Facebook page? It would make it easy to communicate if all local groups had Facebook pages!
Sponsored

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Prem Vert w/PP, '20 GT Prem Vert w/PP
I agree. Let me look for a good place over the next couple of days and come back with a proposal. I like that there is a group like CapitalS550 but I think we have enough city areas here that we could establish another group here and then merge for certain events, such as a DMV group. I used to be President of a Mustang club in Texas and it ran very similar to that concept. Thoughts?
That concept will work. The only thing I would recommend is, we need to keep the membership to S550 types. If not, I think we'll not get off the ground, as the S550 types are a totally different breed from the S197 and earlier types.

The Capitol S550 guys are good people, they do things and want to do things ("mod parties" and the like)--they just don't sit around and talk--which is why I'm hanging out with them. I'm sure we have good guys on this side of the river, too.

We can keep it informal initially and take it from there.

Make sense?

RJ

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
Do they have a Facebook page? It would make it easy to communicate if all local groups had Facebook pages!
They do. Look up Capitol S550.

RJ

TRAKDAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
That concept will work. The only thing I would recommend is, we need to keep the membership to S550 types. If not, I think we'll not get off the ground, as the S550 types are a totally different breed from the S197 and earlier types.

The Capitol S550 guys are good people, they do things and want to do things ("mod parties" and the like)--they just don't sit around and talk--which is why I'm hanging out with them. I'm sure we have good guys on this side of the river, too.

We can keep it informal initially and take it from there.

Make sense?

RJ
Yep I agree. My last Mustang was a twin turbo s197 and my last group was very diverse but we had mod parties and then split the events up based on who liked what (I.e. Road course, drag race, cruises, etc.) I liked being a member more than a figure head so informal works best for me. I would be happy to just meetup and talk cars, at first. I keep reading about cars n coffee around here but am not sure which one would be the best to attend. Sometimes they can be pretty lame but some are well organized and affords the opportunity to meet a lot of enthusiasts with really nice cars! I found the Facebook page for Capitol s550 and am just waiting on an approval.

Ricky218

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
It would be nice to have S550 meets that are actually in Md. on a regular basis.

Sponsored

TRAKDAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
It would be nice to have S550 meets that are actually in Md. on a regular basis.
That's the goal. To find a suitable place and post a date and time here. Leaving enough time for all to plan and to get the word out so we can make it happen. We will need to establish a time when you guys think is best, as in morning, afternoon, or evening and assumedly the weekend. If it works out we can keep it going from there, as an informal meeting time for all s550s in the area. And then sometime we may be able to meet up with the capitol guys for a larger meet as well and split the distance on meeting. While everything is relatively close here, traffic makes a simple 25 mile drive take an hour+ sometimes.

macroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pkg.
+1 on a meet more central to DC/Balt. And certainly would love some informal DIY clinics/insights.

Just wish the weather will make up its mind. Freeze warning this past Mon-Tue? And snow in the forecast on Sat?

The hell is one supposed to golf in this crap?

Whip5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That's the goal. To find a suitable place and post a date and time here. Leaving enough time for all to plan and to get the word out so we can make it happen. We will need to establish a time when you guys think is best, as in morning, afternoon, or evening and assumedly the weekend. If it works out we can keep it going from there, as an informal meeting time for all s550s in the area. And then sometime we may be able to meet up with the capitol guys for a larger meet as well and split the distance on meeting. While everything is relatively close here, traffic makes a simple 25 mile drive take an hour+ sometimes.

what is your facebook name, so I can approve you or please email us at [email protected] or me at [email protected]

Jesse Perez
President of Capitol S550

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Yeah now that I'm on corn I can't just drive way the hell out to VA for meets anymore. Limited range...would be nice to have something more local. I'll keep my eye out!

Sponsored

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
I will be doing a Procharger install/meet at my house once this garbage weather breaks. I'll start a separate thread once it's time. First nice weekend I get, it's going on.

TRAKDAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I will be doing a Procharger install/meet at my house once this garbage weather breaks. I'll start a separate thread once it's time. First nice weekend I get, it's going on.
I am in, just let me know when. Haven't done one specifically but I have done a TT kit.

TRAKDAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Anyone in central Maryland that wants to meet and hang out for a few so we can talk future get together ideas and just talk cars while admiring everyone's ride meet at the Weiss parking lot Friday at 7:00pm in Odenton, MD. (Address: 2294 Blue Water Blvd). Very informal meet, just want to get to know other s550 owners in the area.

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
Anyone in central Maryland that wants to meet and hang out for a few so we can talk future get together ideas and just talk cars while admiring everyone's ride meet at the Weiss parking lot Friday at 7:00pm in Odenton, MD. (Address: 2294 Blue Water Blvd). Very informal meet, just want to get to know other s550 owners in the area.
Will be working until 1730, but I will definitely try to make it.

RJ
Sponsored