Sponsored

Any GT350 owners contemplating the '17 Raptor?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
There is no question that performance is a large part of the equation when it comes to purchasing a high performance car or truck but with all due respect to all on this forum if an impressive exhaust note is not an important part of this same equation then count me out.

Not only does any HP V6 sound poor to me but so does the V10 in the Viper and I have been around a lot of Vipers of late and they just sound terrible IMO.

One of the reasons that I really enjoy my Boss 302's and GT350/GT350R's in addition to their great performance is because of their outstanding exhaust note and these cars are only second to the Jaguar F Type R in exhaust note as I have driven one of them recently as well.

Also just recently I had the opportunity to spend a day in a 2006 Ford GT and cannot say enough about the performance of that 5.4L V8 and just importantly the exhaust note right behind the drivers seat.

Certainly no disrespect to the new 2017/2018 Ford GT as it is something else from a performance standpoint but this new supercar will not sound anywhere near as good as the 2005/2006 Ford GT's.

There are a lot of very fast cars out there particularly many European and Japanese brands such as the new NSX, GTR or even the new Ford GT but no one can tell me that the exhaust note of a HP 4/6/10 sounds nearly as good as an old or new high performance American V8.

Just my opinion.

:cheers:
I'll agree that nothing sounds better than a V8. But when it comes to performance I never count displacement. I'll buy a GT500 today if it has better performance numbers and out does the competition v8's. I don't judge a car by its sound.
I agree. Vipers sound like shit to me.
Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Nothing new.... diiferent strokes for different folks. New Raptor, new ACR-E, new Ford GT, new Focus RS, and any new P-car is welcome with open arms anytime anyday. Times change.... glad about it too.

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
You guys can debate the sound aspect of performance cars all you want but in the end it's much like music, or art in general, beauty is in the ear of the beholder.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'll agree that nothing sounds better than a V8. But when it comes to performance I never count displacement. I'll buy a GT500 today if it has better performance numbers and out does the competition v8's. I don't judge a car by its sound.
I agree. Vipers sound like shit to me.
Feel exactly the same.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The new Raptors are definitely good looking. I'm a little jealous of those with the cash for one. I certainly couldn't afford one.

Are the values of the previous gen. going down yet? :D

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
The new Raptors are definitely good looking. I'm a little jealous of those with the cash for one. I certainly couldn't afford one.

Are the values of the previous gen. going down yet? :D
Yes very much so... I traded 2 in the beginning of last year and got about sticker for both and one had higher miles. The one traded in on the '17 had 9300 miles on it and I could only get $47.5k for it. And they've got 2 others on the lot besides that one. The old ones are being traded in now so if you're interested in the last gen this is the time to pull the trigger. They will be plentiful on the used lots.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
When it comes to sound...I don't care unless its bad, distracting, or annoying.

A nice rumble brings a smile to my face, but I wont argue sound between a Ferrari or Porsche neither one offends.

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
Nah, mine's bigger than yours.

Does it matter?... if you're going to diss the truck because of sound then it's not the truck for you. There are the Gen1 purists who worship the 6.2L and there will be Gen2 purists who worship the 3.5L... and then there are those who are ambiguous to it all because they value performance whether it's a 6 or 8 cyl.

Which are you?

I adore both...
^ All of that BS = You don't even own a Raptor and probably have never driven one offroad. I love expert douchebags that talk out their ass. Did you get all your Raptor knowledge from Car & Driver?

Last edited:

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer