Sponsored

Any dyno graphs with Comp cr Stg 3 cams?

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Exactly. And if it didn't run right, why wasn't it fixed, and why was it continued to run hard to the point of failure?
It wasnt being raced around it blew during logs... It wasnt fixed because shaun chose to dick around and refuse to deal with the fact it was his tune. This isnt the first time hes done this in regards to not changing his approach to fix an issue. A memeber here was told his car wasnt a performer, lund fixed the car.
Sponsored

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
its hilarious when other people call you out not just me on trashing a vendor you have never dealt with.

you act like a little kid running home to mommy.

mommy mommy so and so said this happened its just gotta be real and so and so ruined my friends car.

lolololololol.

Its never the car owners fault its always the vendors or tuners right?

99% of the time when things go wrong with modding cars its USER error or something not installed properly then people always want to point the finger at vendor or tuner.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
its hilarious when other people call you out not just me on trashing a vendor you have never dealt with.

you act like a little kid running home to mommy.

mommy mommy so and so said this happened its just gotta be real and so and so ruined my friends car.

lolololololol.

Its never the car owners fault its always the vendors or tuners right?

99% of the time when things go wrong with modding cars its USER error or something not installed properly then people always want to point the finger at vendor or tuner.
it was a fueling issue in the tune coupled with a timing issue. Im just not going to deal with your child like behavior, thats simply all it is. Instead of asking questions you make demands and are accusatory. Grow up. Last time, you and i are seriously done, regardless your response.

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
it was a fueling issue in the tune coupled with a timing issue. Im just not going to deal with your child like behavior, thats simply all it is. Instead of asking questions you make demands and are accusatory. Grow up. Last time, you and i are seriously done, regardless your response.
heres how it CAN and should have been prevented!!

IMO people have zero business running a boosed car without paying attention to a damn wideband sensor!!

the funny thing is our cars have one built in even!!

if your buddy had the brains to pay attention to the wideband and realized if there was indeed a fueling issue then HE SHOULD HAVE STOPPED DRIVING IT!!

Logging it should have been even more apparent!

but nope nope nope it has to be the tuners fault. maybe said owner had a shit fuel pump or maxed out injectors or not enough fuel pressure.

there are a bajillion variables here for you to outright blame a tuner is comical and asinine at the same time. lol.

every single boosed car ive owned the 2 things that are absolutley paramount to monitor is air fuel and timing.

reaching MBT maximum base timing or too lean or too rich leads to distruction on ANY boosted engine.

Your buddy learned the hard way.

i laugh when people get so wrapped up on boost numbers. boost is an arbitrary number and doesnt mean dick for how healthy the engine is but merely measuring pressure. but boost number is a little off topic here.

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
if someone paying attention to the 2 things i said timing and air fuel one would also easily know if a car is pulling timing because of knock also.

if a vehicle is pulling timings chances are its also adding a ton of fuel to compensate too which geee umm the air fuel ratio on the wideband would be tell tale of that happening aswell.

Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Stop ruining threads with this crap [MENTION=25095]16MustangVet[/MENTION]

Clean up in aisle 3 [MENTION=6707]Moderator[/MENTION]

CPR Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broke bum w no car
Yes my brother in law had proof, or else i wouldnt be saying what im saying about him. It was completly tune related. It was an unfortunate, expensive lesson. Lead a horse to water, something, something.
Post up a log. If it happened during the logging process it would be easy to pin point a tune issue.

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
Stop ruining threads with this crap [MENTION=25095]16MustangVet[/MENTION]

Clean up in aisle 3 [MENTION=6707]Moderator[/MENTION]
lol but its ok for people to trash tuners?

some people need to keep their mouth shut and stop the heresay and slandering tuners.

i swore a long time ago id call out mustang_guy everytime i caught his bullshit.

well unless of course he can prove it was the tunes fault.....

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
lol but its ok for people to trash tuners?

some people need to keep their mouth shut and stop the heresay and slandering tuners.

i swore a long time ago id call out mustang_guy everytime i caught his bullshit.

well unless of course he can prove it was the tunes fault.....
I'm not getting into an argument about this shit. I'm tired of your endless, pointless posts that offer absolutely nothing to the topic. Chasing him around the forum is doing nothing but make you look like a petulant child, and cluttering threads that otherwise would be full of helpful information.

That's my piece, if everyone else is ok with it, then continue on as you were.

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
I'm not getting into an argument about this shit. I'm tired of your endless, pointless posts that offer absolutely nothing to the topic. Chasing him around the forum is doing nothing but make you look like a petulant child, and cluttering threads that otherwise would be full of helpful information.

That's my piece, if everyone else is ok with it, then continue on as you were.
good lord dude. trying to make me out to be the issue for defending a tuner this dude keeps bashing with zero proof? but im being pointless?

helpful information doesnt need to include talking shit about tuners this guy has zero proof of screwing up said engine.

its pretty simple guy needs to keep his mouth shut and stop talking shit about people and we wont have any issues. this is like the 3rd or 4th thread hes gone and bashed some tuner.

:frusty:

thats my piece, if everyone else is ok with someone bashing a tuner then carry on.....

:lol:

Sponsored

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
Oh now if we want to get back on topic i happened to call michael at L&M engines about a hybrid comp stage 3 / voodoo cam id like.

the comp stage 3 cams look ok but i tbink the lift sucks for a set of ported heads that flow over 340 cfm at .500 lift.

so what id like is some comp cams that have more like .550 lift more along the lines of stock voodoo cams lift.

i was told that them comp cams are going to be retarded as hell to keep the valves from smashing the pistons.

the stage 3 durations at .050 is .235 intake and .237 exhaust but the lift is pretty low at .514 intake and .516 exhaust.

i need to know how much lift i can get out of these ported heads before the spring is collapsed or stacked.

also id love to know what the intake and exhaust centerline is on the 2015 and newer gen2 coyotes that would be a huge help to know what the stock cam centerline is at ZERO VCT.

i feel like them comp stage 3 grinds would be a waste for ported heads because that lift sucks on them should be able to use more but i dont know how much is possible without eating into the base circle of the cams.

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Oh now if we want to get back on topic i happened to call michael at L&M engines about a hybrid comp stage 3 / voodoo cam id like.

the comp stage 3 cams look ok but i tbink the lift sucks for a set of ported heads that flow over 340 cfm at .500 lift.

so what id like is some comp cams that have more like .550 lift more along the lines of stock voodoo cams lift.

i was told that them comp cams are going to be retarded as hell to keep the valves from smashing the pistons.

the stage 3 durations at .050 is .235 intake and .237 exhaust but the lift is pretty low at .514 intake and .516 exhaust.

i need to know how much lift i can get out of these ported heads before the spring is collapsed or stacked.

also id love to know what the intake and exhaust centerline is on the 2015 and newer gen2 coyotes that would be a huge help to know what the stock cam centerline is at ZERO VCT.

i feel like them comp stage 3 grinds would be a waste for ported heads because that lift sucks on them should be able to use more but i dont know how much is possible without eating into the base circle of the cams.
You are going to hit the piston with more lift on stock rotating assy. That's why Comp is not offering more lift. You would then need a locked VCT or limiters. Comps have more lift anyway but just a little.

Gains with .550 lift will be marginal if you take a close look at stock flow graph - like 3-4 cfm. Springs are not a problem with this head - head will stall at some point and there's nothing you can do from there.

If you really want some massive gains you should invest in Voodoo heads.

Comps are not going to hit the pistons even with max 50 degree advance.

P.S.
Talked to MMR and they say you don't need springs, talked to JPC and they say springs are recommended - confusing LOL

Last edited:

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
You are going to hit the piston with more lift on stock rotating assy. That's why Comp is not offering more lift. You would then need a locked VCT or limiters. Comps have more lift anyway but just a little.

Gains with .550 lift will be marginal if you take a close look at stock flow graph - like 3-4 cfm. Springs are not a problem with this head - head will stall at some point and there's nothing you can do from there.

If you really want some massive gains you should invest in Voodoo heads.

Comps are not going to hit the pistons even with max 50 degree advance.

P.S.
Talked to MMR and they say you don't need springs, talked to JPC and they say springs are recommended - confusing LOL
Considering the comp stage 3s dont need limiters id assume more lift is doable. Also i think that a competent tuner should be able to keep the vct sweep in tolerance from retard to advance to not have to worry about hitting the pistons.

If push come to shove id put pistons in with deeper relief cuts for the valves. For a NA build id like to be at 12-12.5 compression and run only E85 anyways.

Id like to know what the max lift is possible on these heads and which happens first.

do the valves come in contact with the pistons at .xxx lift?

do the cams not physically fit in the heads due to clearance issues after .xxx lift?

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Considering the comp stage 3s dont need limiters id assume more lift is doable. Also i think that a competent tuner should be able to keep the vct sweep in tolerance from retard to advance to not have to worry about hitting the pistons.

If push come to shove id put pistons in with deeper relief cuts for the valves. For a NA build id like to be at 12-12.5 compression and run only E85 anyways.

Id like to know what the max lift is possible on these heads and which happens first.

do the valves come in contact with the pistons at .xxx lift?

do the cams not physically fit in the heads due to clearance issues after .xxx lift?
I'd say at .55 you will hit the piston - it's doable but you would need to lock the VCT and play a bit with degree wheel - I'm sure at some spot it will clear just fine.

You can always make your own custom grind? Why not talk to Comp and see what they have to say about not doing more lift?

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
I'd say at .55 you will hit the piston - it's doable but you would need to lock the VCT and play a bit with degree wheel - I'm sure at some spot it will clear just fine.

You can always make your own custom grind? Why not talk to Comp and see what they have to say about not doing more lift?
I have i didnt call comp but i called michael at L&M engines and discussed the goals here.

Basically i first need to know how much lift the heads will allow without stacking the spring or what the max lift the heads will allow when the springs are fully compressed then go from there.

id also love to know the STOCK cam centerlines at ZERO VCT! I feel that info is important aswell to find out if the stock cams are installed straight up or retarded or advanced then the VCT can advance or retard from that centerline.
Sponsored