Sponsored

Another Dealer Training Session

kulfyur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE Mustang
Ok so i know it's pretty late in the game, but my dealer finally sent me a text informing me they had a 2015 mustang on the lot and I was allowed to sit in on the session. It was the black eco-boost, premium package, automatic, and redline interior (no performance package). PRE-PRODUCTION <---- always remember that. So anything else from here out is just what I saw but of course may not pass down to what you take home:thumbsup:

Though I took pictures, I didn't take a whole lot. I tried to take pictures of things we see on here that are still in question in addition to things that made me just go "dude really?!" albeit good or bad.

I forgot to grab my tape measure at the time so please for give me and all numbers are PURELY estimates.

So my notes from memory:
Fit and finish: MUCH better than the pictures we've seen so far for the most part. In some parts like where bumper(s) met the side panel(s), the bumper was slightly pushed in. Maybe about 1.5mm not much and not enough for me personally to care. The most notable poor fit/finish was one of the door handles was obviously misaligned. Probably pushing 4 or 5 mm. The alignment of the hood was pretty even from what I could see. The left and right sides and the very front of the hood (where it met the side panels and the head lights) between the hood and the side panel was VERY tight. Maybe out 1.5mm of clearance on either side. (That give me a little bit of worry when closing the hood and there were some paint chips in that area :faint:) On the interior, the driver's side back seat, where the side panel met the B pillar, there was a gap where the panel had fallen away from the B pillar. According the the "driver?" he had tried to push it back on (even before i did lol) and it would stay for a bit and then come back off. When i tried to push it back on, you could feel it expanding around like it had clasps that would snap but it never did, but of course i didn't want to push too hard and break it or something. But the worst thing i saw as far as the fit/finish was if you looked into the grill of the car, right across the top, there was rubber lining hideously sticking out. I'm not sure what it was from but i'm pretty sure it wasn't supposed to be so sloppy... I pray they fix that.

Exterior: Well i like the tail lights in one picture from before. but im person, im going back to what i was going to do originally and see if i can put 13-14 style lights on them. The car looks amazing though. I'd already seen it once before at NAIAS so i was probably much less awe struck than most. Either way you can definitely see the European influence in it but you never lose site of the mustang in it. Rims were painted with the gray color. I may be ignorant here but i noticed that paint actually went all the way into the wells of the wheel. Likely the entire inside of the wheels is painted. (rubbed some of the road dust away to check and that's how it appeared to me)

Interior:
OMG! I promise i though you guys were over-exaggerating (not saying you were lying, just over emphasizing) who great the interior is. Simply put, I HATE busy car interiors. To me it just looks like a bunch of clutter. And from pictures i was kind of fear full of all the new gadgets making the interior to busy for my taste. DRUMROLL.... Even with the Redline interior, I was WRONG! There is not to much going on at all. (The cashmere accents of the LE will tone down the redline perfectly and bring it all together nicely to my taste!) I think for struck a very nice balance between performance and comfort. Which brings me to my next part. I'm 5'7" about 130 give or take. and, obviously, pretty darn small of frame. By no means your average male height, weight, nor girth. But these seats were amazing! I dont know anyting about recaros but personally, i wouldnt pay for them. It would be hard to improve upon the comfort of those seats. The best way i could put it is: I sat in the car and my girlfriend went to the other side and sat in the passenger's seat. And the first thing out her mouth was "These seats are comfortable." *brief pause* "I really like these seats." Also worth noting: she is a lumbar lover, but the passenger's seat on this car did not have lumbar. I hate lumber, the driver's seat had it about half way out (yes i checked) and it was still very comfortable. The seats were miles above the 2013 which i drove back home in. The 2015 seats "will hug you, and pet you, and love you and will call you George". The back seats, are not as deep as i had feared. I left my girlfriend in the passenger's seat adjusted it for someone about 5'10 and got into the back seat. (i know no one on this site cares probably about that back seat space and utility but i do) I could sit back there comfortably. I could probably last about 2 hours back there. But likely that is my limit. There was no room to extend your leg if you needed/wanted to unless the front passenger extended their legs and moved the seat forward. <--- Note the leg extension. that is because With my 5'2" gf in the front i quickly notice there is a lot of room to extend her legs but when i moved the seat forward, bending her knees would cause them to rise and hit the dash. This may be remedied by raising the passenger seat so the passenger isnt so low to the floor (i didnt try this however). All-in-all, There was quite a bit of interior space in the car now. It's made better by what i was attribute to much greater from seat travel allowing form much "customized" utility of the interior space. So now 6'2 people can comfortably drive the car will smaller individual peoples like myself can make more use of the rear seat for addition passengers within reason. All the "bright work" i saw, was all plastic. I'm unsure about the material shifter and the switches. The switches seemed pretty ridged but the usual finger nail tap test still left me unsure. Also there was not nearly as much hard plastic as people lead you to believe. The Dash is leather wrapped. The steroe area has leather around it. And the door inserts have some kind of soft (idk what it is but it's much better than hard plastic lol) material all over it along with leather. The only exposed hard plastic on the door was below the handle/armrest and the handle itself. (and of course buttons). The center console was still hard plastic but the armrest was leather so i'm fine.

Other Note's:
The steering wheel had about 1.5-2 inches of telescoping travel. (not much to me but i suppose it may make a difference for taller people?)
For the diameter of the wheel go find your girlfriend. Probably under 6' lol. You'll need to use her hands. Tell her to hold her hands out in front of her as far as she can, palms facing her own chest. Tell her to touch the tips of her middle fights. The fingers should form a straight line from palm to palm. Keep those arms extended completely. On the back side of her hands, from wrist to wrist is about the diameter of the new steering wheel. (lmbo i know it was a lot to do. but it give you and idea until i measure my own hands and give you a number).
MFT was freaking cool (i've never seen or had a car with such so nothing to compare it to. i can give more detail on what i saw for those who would like to know. pretty cool stuff)
Cooled seats were nice, but i probably will hardly use it.
Heated seats seemed to always be running. (when i was in the back seat i could feel the heal from the front seat when i touched it. the cooled seats were on at the time so it's probably paired with heat in the same way A/C works.
Audio: It CAN sound muddy but it CAN also sound very crisp. I wouldn't call myself an audiophile but i do love my music and it sounds great. The bass from the sub was enough to disturb the sale people inside :thumbsup:. Perfect! But you could turn down the over all bass and set your balance according to your preference and the music would clear up to taste to be very clear again. We scrolled through a few different stations to hear a few different genres (i listen to literally everything so i wanted to hear a few different genres). I couldnt really hear the balance of the overall speaker set up unfortunately cause the "driver?" had it set to the rear right to his preference. It did have the SoundScreen windshield. (i forgot to ask if the GT gets it... im sorry i failed you)
Ford Logo: Present on windshield and is on all cars. That is the only place present.
Speaker mounted in the center of the dash right next to the windshield.
The car was WAY to quite for a muscle car. I pray the GT doesnt sound like that.

I think that is all i have for now... I'll update if i remember something else and when I retrieve the few pictures i took. Hope you guys enjoy and let me know if you have any additional questions and i'll try to answer as best i can based on what i observed.

TL;DR: Car Pre-pro car at my dealer. I checked it out. Overall nice car. But seemed unfinished. Probably because it's pre-pro.

Update: PICS!!!!!
http://imgur.com/a/ZiNm2
Sponsored

OP
OP
kulfyur

kulfyur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE Mustang
Sorry, they'll be on this evening. I cant upload photos from work. Hang in there.

tlondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt #0083
Just as I thought the seats being a great improvement over the current generation. I'm the same size and the stock seats offer no bolstering or support in spirited driving so this is a welcomed change for me

Sponsored

Gecko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Conv
Same here. Dealer just got one for "show and tell."

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
It's not a muscle car, and the GT obviously won't sound like that :)

The EB sounds like a vacuum cleaner.
The person that says the things I won't say because I'm trying to stay out of trouble here lol thanks Fionic lol

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Seriously? Do you guys have to start EB bashing on every thread.
EB is still a Mustang. Deal with it. Not everyone has the budget for a GT ($10K+ more for equivalent GT here). Not everyone wants to use extra gas (I put 700klm/week. And not everyone need a car to make up for their small penis.

Yeah I know that last one was uncalled for but I'm excited about my EB and paid good money for it. So GT chest thumpers should STFU.

:ford:
who's bashing?

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Seriously? Do you guys have to start EB bashing on every thread.
EB is still a Mustang. Deal with it. Not everyone has the budget for a GT ($10K+ more for equivalent GT here). Not everyone wants to use extra gas (I put 700klm/week. And not everyone need a car to make up for their small penis.

Yeah I know that last one was uncalled for but I'm excited about my EB and paid good money for it. So GT chest thumpers should STFU.

:ford:
Calm down man. It's an opinion. I think the GT stock exhaust is weak also....so defensive for nothing.

Sponsored

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
You're right and I deleted my post. I over reacted because of all the EB bashing and criticisms in other posts.
Sorry, it's partial boredom of a lack of new information, frustration that my car is a while away.

I admit I was wrong and I apologize.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
You're right and I deleted my post. I over reacted because of all the EB bashing and criticisms in other posts.
Sorry, it's partial boredom of a lack of new information, frustration that my car is a while away.

I admit I was wrong and I apologize.
All good man I know we are all strung out waiting. [emoji129]

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2006 MBenz SLK55 AMG - '97 BMW 540I - 2010 Audi S4
wow that REALLY sucks about the 'telescoping wheel' -- I guess it's likely I'm going to be out on this otherwise cool seeming car. They build these cars for taller and fat people. Wish they would make the wheel adjust down, not sky high.

I'll still test drive but losing hope fast and probably end up sticking with BMW which has an actual adjustable wheel not limited adjustability.

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
That could be worst excuse I've heard to not get a car. Obviously you weren't serious to begin with.

OP
OP
kulfyur

kulfyur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE Mustang
if you guys didnt notice the pics are up...

The 1-2 inches of travel is for telescoping... the pivot is much more of course. But i didnt bother checking how much. But i can say it seemed to have traveled further than the '13s when i comes to pivot.
Sponsored