Sponsored

Angry Neighbor Uses Expanding Foam To Silence Mustang GT's Exhaust

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
This.

I would NOT have the exhaust I do if my work or life schedule had me starting my car at 6 AM or earlier. Most of my cold starts are after 7:30 on weekdays. I also will not fire it up after 10 PM. I posted similar in a local group and a whole bunch of them responded with "F the neighbors". Needless to say, not part of that group anymore.

Regarding the original post: regardless of how obnoxious the dude may or may not have been, the d-bag who did this has NO RIGHT to vandalize their car. I would work to find out who that is and get the police involved.
Agreed on all counts here. Thank you for being a decent human being.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Start the car, take a run through the neighborhood and blow out the foam... this may need to be done couple of times, to make sure all the foam is gone.

There’s nothing wrong with operating a vehicle with a factory loud or aftermarket louder than normal exhaust system in getting from point A to B. Hell, there’s Harleys with loud pipes that are 3x louder than any Mustang with aftermarket exhaust...

Then...

Get some exterior security cams or a RING doorbell system; mount properly on front of house and near driveway/road. Let the A-hole come back, let him try it again and be on the ready with speed dial to calling the cops. File appropriate charges for vandalism and trespassing using proof of the event on video. GO TO COURT and follow through, make an example of the idiot.

—

The whole tuff guy “shoot him” BS is what lands people in jail for a split second, stupid decision...

Just because anyone legally owns a gun (including myself) doesn’t give right to blast away anyone on one’s property... and if you do, you better damn well be within every single word of your State’s Self Defense, Stand your Ground or Castle Doctrine laws as being “right” - otherwise good luck with that expensive defense attorney, the lawsuits for wrongful death and once convicted, ever having freedom of seeing the light of day ever again....

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
The whole tuff guy “shoot him” BS is what lands people in jail for a split second, stupid decision...
Agreed...Yeah I have always said if you make any stupid statement of shooting anyone for something stupid you shouldn't be allowed to own a gun because you are an idiot. Shoot someone over something stupid and it's a good way to end up in prison with your tail pipe being plugged multiple times a day for a very long time.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
SEE this proves the point I made earlier. People want respect but dont offer it in return. This is the attitude of a lot of loud exhaust owners. I don't blame people for getting tired of it.
I have not seen a post written that the writer was concerned about respect. Maybe you're the one with the attitude problem.

People get tired of the cry babies, whining about others living and enjoying different aspects of life .

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I have not seen a post written that the writer was concerned about respect. Maybe you're the one with the attitude problem.

People get tired of the cry babies, whining about others living and enjoying different aspects of life .
Yes absolutely, You can tell right away from the tone and wording of our individual posts not to mention amount of likes on said posts I have the attitude and you are the one correct in your way of thinking :)

Sponsored

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2022 GT500 CFTP HE, 2022 Lightning
Vehicle Showcase
If it is true...and as the owner of 10+ Mustangs in my life, many modified to the point of being obnoxiously loud, I do my best to be sympathetic to my neighbors. Quite start till 7 am with the 2018. No driving of the "hot rod" (408 equipped 94) until mid morning nor late night start ups. No revving or gunning the throttle as I'm driving out of the neighborhood. If you don't exercise some level of restraint, then that makes you an ass...plain and simple. There likely is more to the story than is written. While I don't condone what happened to the guys car, if he wasn't considerate...I have no sympathy for him or his car. BE CONSIDERATE.
Nothing gives a neighbor the right or the authority to come onto another person’s property and vandalize property that is not theirs. If they have a problem they should ask the person to keep it down and if that doesn’t help they need to file a complaint with the HOA or law enforcement

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This wasn't you? Better change your password.

99.9% of gun owners seem to be capable of keeping their pants on. Assuming that someone who is uptight and complaining about exhaust noise is ready to start a shooting war is stone cold nuts. It's just a good example of how angry/scared/edgy people are these days. Those of us in the USA seem to forget that we're all on the same team.

Do you even realize how bad it would EFF up your life if you shot someone to death in your yard for vandalism, even in Florida? Get real. Even if the law was on your side, you would have to look at yourself in the mirror from then on out knowing that your stuff was more important than somebody's life. If that thought doesn't give you pause, go get some mental health support.

You can always spot the people who threaten the second amendment for everyone by thumping their chest in public. It scares nobody, it pisses some people off and it kinda makes you look like you're living in an old Western movie fantasy.
I live semi-rural in Florida. If I catch someone vandalizing my car on my property it will be at gunpoint. If they have a weapon or will not stop damaging my property and I will shoot. Otherwise we will wait patiently at gunpoint intil the police arrive. Then I will press every charge possible and if this effects “Jimmy’s” life with a felony charge so be it. He should not have came onto my property and damaged anything. The days of running away when someone is breaking your stuff are over that was the 70’s. Oh and just to keep the noise down I have a lot of firearm suppressors.

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
All these posts and no one has asked how much expanding foam it takes to fill a garage or front porch. Drill... couple dozen cans of expanding foam...

Seriously though, neighbor feuds are just dumb. No one wins. I don't care how considerate you are (or think you are), someone always gets their panties in a bunch over something. It is a question of how you respond and deal with it. The guy apparently is daring the guy to call the cops which I would have done way before posting on FB. I don't care if the car is in or out of code for noise, vandalization and trespassing are illegal in every state (even if it is temporary damage that can be cleaned). Creating a report starts the process of ending this before it escalates. Cop or not, there is no cause, justification, nor law that allows for this sort of stupidity.
You are correct 2 independent actions the loud exhaust is one thing the vandalism is another. There are laws and ordinances for this type of issue.

IntenseGT

In The Air of The Night
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19' GT MT PP1 PREM AE MR - MAGNETIC
What has fascinated me about this unfortunate event, is how passionate the mustang community is about this issue. I've literally seen it on every group and board.. pretty neat. I hope we can rally like this in the future for good... pretty cool group of car owners!

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I would just find out who did it and return the favor by filling his intake with expanding foam.

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I had a long reply that was boring, but more or less said that the Mustang owner is probably egging the neighbors on. Most people - even morons - don't go around vandalizing cars just because.

But enough of that...

• Perhaps the neighbor was a subscriber to the "backpressure is good" mantra and just wanted to help him out?
  • Maybe the neighbor wanted to give him some "boost"
  • Maybe the neighbor thought he had the ford racing side exhaust system, and wanted it to be louder, so he blocked off the muffled rear section...
  • The neighbor could be an environmentalist and figured if they blocked the exhaust a little bit, the car would pollute less
  • It's possible that the neighbor was worried that a bird or rat would nest inside the exhaust, and so wanted to "help out" by preventing the rodents to go in?
  • Maybe the mustang owner mistakenly filled his methanol injection system with elmer's glue?
  • Maybe the Mustang owner just finished driving through a field of cream-colored moths, in reverse, filling up the tips?
  • Ok, so the neighbor might work for an audio company, and jut wanted to help the owner reduce the lower frequencies reverberating in the cabin, to get a nice "flat" baseline?
  • Maybe it was Eddie Murphy but he didn't have banana's for the tailpipe?

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Looks like rabies.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
They can mess with my car, but my dog?

It's why kill them, when you can burn them?

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
I live semi-rural in Florida. If I catch someone vandalizing my car on my property it will be at gunpoint. If they have a weapon or will not stop damaging my property and I will shoot. Otherwise we will wait patiently at gunpoint intil the police arrive. Then I will press every charge possible and if this effects “Jimmy’s” life with a felony charge so be it. He should not have came onto my property and damaged anything. The days of running away when someone is breaking your stuff are over that was the 70’s. Oh and just to keep the noise down I have a lot of firearm suppressors.
Jesus. Who wants to live like this? That sounds like an absolute miserable existence. You didn’t accidentally write “Florida“ when you meant “Somalia,“ correct?

It also sounds a lot like bullcrap. People who talk like this will invariably piss their pants if anyone had a gun pointed at them. That’s why they talk like this.
Sponsored