Sponsored

Amsoil fluid isn't doing me right... MT82

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
Amsoil DCT fluid with a MGW shifter made a huge difference in smoothness and shifting for me.
Sponsored

Therealmattlex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Holy crap. I was wrong guys. I looked up my invoice and this is what I purchased. I SAID "diff" by mistake...

Manual Synchromesh Transmission Fluid 5W-30
Quart Bottles (MTFQT-EA)
Qty:2
$18.29
ADDED TO CART

Manual Transmission & Transaxle Gear Lube 75W-90
Quart Bottles (MTGQT-EA)
Qty:1
$20.19
RE-ORDER
RE-ORDER ALL
That's still not what Amsoil recommends for your transmission. Calimer does recommend the 75W-90. I think a great start will be to put any brands recommended fluid into your transmission.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
He should ask for a refund

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
That's still not what Amsoil recommends for your transmission. Calimer does recommend the 75W-90. I think a great start will be to put any brands recommended fluid into your transmission.
Does Amsoil even have a recommendation? For a while they did not. To be fair, any GL-4 rated trans oil is going to be fine. OE spec calls from 6-7cst@100C which is in line with most DCTF fluids. Somewhere around a straight 75W. Using something thicker isn't necessarily going to break anything or cause problems.

Therealmattlex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Does Amsoil even have a recommendation? For a while they did not. To be fair, any GL-4 rated trans oil is going to be fine. OE spec calls from 6-7cst@100C which is in line with most DCTF fluids. Somewhere around a straight 75W. Using something thicker isn't necessarily going to break anything or cause problems.
It's the 2 quarts of 5w-30 fluid that would give me concern.
Amsoil does have a DCT fluid the recommend
https://www.amsoil.com/p/100-synthetic-dct-fluid-dct/?code=DCTQT-EA

Sponsored

OP
OP
KKell83

KKell83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'll swap it out and start over.

OP
OP
KKell83

KKell83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Again, I based my fuild choice off of this site, but maybe it was just an older posting. I do not recall.

Appreciate all the input and side humor.

AMC401V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 2000 Excursion - 1987 Swift DB2
I've heard nothing but good things about the BG product and it works fantastic for me. I purchased it, along with the additive from Optimum Performance and highly recommend you give it a try. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
KKell83

KKell83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Sponsored

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
I've been using Motul DCTF in my MT82-D4 for about 2 years now and I beat the motherloving poop out of mine, would very highly recommend. The only reason I'm on transmission #2 is because I slam 3rd like it owes me, and the shift fork had enough of my shenanigans. When I removed and drained the trans, it looked brand new.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I've been using Motul DCTF in my MT82-D4 for about 2 years now and I beat the motherloving poop out of mine, would very highly recommend. The only reason I'm on transmission #2 is because I slam 3rd like it owes me, and the shift fork had enough of my shenanigans. When I drained the trans, it looked brand new.
I'm about to join you on the dark side. If it works for the stripper, that's a huge achievement lol

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm about to join you on the dark side. If it works for the stripper, that's a huge achievement lol
I'm not even sponsored by Motul (perhaps I should) but honest, given all the crap that I put it through, the two things I can count on are the engine, and the transmission, and both of them have Motul running through them.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I've been using Motul DCTF in my MT82-D4 for about 2 years now and I beat the motherloving poop out of mine, would very highly recommend. The only reason I'm on transmission #2 is because I slam 3rd like it owes me, and the shift fork had enough of my shenanigans. When I removed and drained the trans, it looked brand new.
Pat - I'm having a Lethal LPX clutch and MGW X-Spec shifter installed next month (got the clutch - i'm waiting for the shifter). Should I dump the stock t-fluid and use the Motul?

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Pat - I'm having a Lethal LPX clutch and MGW X-Spec shifter installed next month (got the clutch - i'm waiting for the shifter). Should I dump the stock t-fluid and use the Motul?
That's a good question. Is stock the Ford Motorcraft stuff in the reddish bottle? If it's still fresh/newish, perhaps let it sit for a bit while you get a feel for the clutch and shifter, trying to learn their new norms. Once you've got down that feeling of what is the "new normal," give it a flush and come see us on the track :)

3 quarts should do you plenty.
1650513150036.png

https://lmr.com/products/mustang-fluid-capacity-2018-2020
Sponsored