Amsoil fluid isn't doing me right... MT82

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
...and, Dude, Tranny is not preferred nomenclature. Gearbox, please.
Tranny is shorthand for transmission and has been since I can remember. It’s also still referred to in the racing circle that I grew up in. Perhaps you’ve never heard of it referred to as such, but to me it’s like potato-potato. If you say it either way, people know what you mean. Merriam-Webster even recognizes it. Have a look for yourself.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tranny
Sponsored

Last edited:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
BG Syncroshift II is the easy button.
It works but it's not the ideal solution for colder use. Makes more sense if you track or only drive the car in fair weather. It's like 25% thicker than the OEM DCT fluid.

I'm about to switch to Motul Multi DCTF, it's only about 10% thicker than OE fill. In theory it should offer some better protection without any drawbacks.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Tranny is shorthand for transmission and has been since I can remember. It’s also still referred to in the racing circle that I grew up in. Perhaps you’ve never heard of it referred to as such, but to me it’s like potato-potato. If you say it either way, people know what you mean. Merriam-Webster even recognizes it. Have a look for yourself.

It's a line from _The Big Lewbowski_. Chill. I don't give a Frenchman's F- about your pronouns.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
It's a line from _The Big Lewbowski_. Chill. I don't give a Frenchman's F- about your pronouns.
Copy that. I’ll take the high road on this one, as I’m more interested in being helpful here on the site. Too-da-loo, TeeLew!

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
BG Syncroshift II is the easy button.
Agreed. I'm on my second fill of BG using the kit from Optimum Performance. It's great. Gear engagement is buttery smooth and feels like it SHOULD. Coupled with the MGW, I don't have any issues with the MT-82, but I'll admit that the coldest ambient temperature I drive my car in is around 40 degrees F.

I also use the BG diff kit from OP, and it's super quiet and took a lot of the diff clunking when shifting into gear while stopped out of the driveline.

JR

Last edited:

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT

Is it weird that I read that potato potato and then realized you were saying potato potato…

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Is it weird that I read that potato potato and then realized you were saying potato potato…
Shhhhhhh, he's being helpful. No humor need apply.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
...and, Dude, Tranny is not preferred nomenclature. Gearbox, please.

I guess it is safe to say it takes one to know one.

@NGOT8R

The dud is in cally, I drive a 6sp tranny:champagne:

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
You guys are idiots...

It's a movie quote. Notice that the word 'Dude' is capitalized? That's because it's a proper name. The quote is a humorous call-back to a pop culture moment. I used the exact same joke with a bunch of men last weekend and everyone laughed. Here, everyone gets their panties in a wad.

Hang around a little longer and I'll piss you off, again.

SilverNv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Myles
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
You guys are idiots...

It's a movie quote. Notice that the word 'Dude' is capitalized? That's because it's a proper name. The quote is a humorous call-back to a pop culture moment. I used the exact same joke with a bunch of men last weekend and everyone laughed. Here, everyone gets their panties in a wad.

Hang around a little longer and I'll piss you off, again.
the Dude abides

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
the Dude abides
Indeed, he does.

I guess most people missed the first quote, but _everyone_ missed the second, except for you.

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
Hi, all,

I have a 2015 Mustang GT I purchased earlier this year and it never shifted smoothly. Car as 23k miles and as of a month ago - 2k miles - I ditched the stock shifter and installed a x-spec MGW shifter with 2 quarts of Amsoil MTF + 3/4 of Amsoil *transaxle gear lube*; I'm sure the transmission had 7 year old factory fluid. Well... nontheless, the day of and after the new fluid everything was buttery smooth! Couldn't even tell it was notchy. But as time progressed and miles building up I'm noticing that it's harder to shift down low. On colder days 40-50* shifting into 2nd gear fights me (have to apply pressure until the gear sucks it in), and going back into 1st is a 50/50 chore unless I blip the throttle past 2k.

Is this normal? I don't recall my 2011 feeling like this but then again it had the 'standard' MGW and I had iirc Redline fluid.

So, I'm curious if there are others here experiencing this as well and if so, what did you do to help or fix it?

But with that said, the whole aspect of me "blipping the throttle" to upshift or downshift seems almost like a clutch issue... No? Again, though, the shifts were sooooooo buttery smooth right out the box. Maybe some heat cycles killed it?

Ken.
I just did the BG synchroshift fluid swap, and I added the appropriate amount of archoil 9100 additive. It's been 30F or below here in the mornings since the swap and the shifting is 200% better cold, I don't feel any "notchiness" at all, it just flows across the gate between all the gears with no resistance, cold or warm. Been using archoil additive in all my vehicles for the last 10yrs or so but I do not put in any auto "tranny's". UCwutEYEdeedthar