Sponsored

Am I the only who is disappointed?

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
I hate to brake it to you but we're all a bit immature to be spending anytime at all talking about this. Also my world is the same as yours.
Are you the Op of this thread?
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
Agree! The final price, weight and hp are yet to be seen. From the responses we heard from ford executives and engineers they seem to lost their cockiness that they had a year ago. Loosgeing that tells me there concerned about weight, hp and price.

They were very conservative, tight-lipped and were embarrassed every time a YouTube guy said "Venom beats Demons."

I think the real issue is that many people thought this was going to be more of a Street car, when in fact Ford said they wanted it to be more Track.

Sponsored

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
the Car got the old headlights because it isn't based off a Mustang GT..its Based off a GT350.

you guys don't realize, that if they gave this car all the things you are saying it needs. it would be a $120K car. That's not what Ford is about.

I wish they had a Manual too, but if you want to chase down Porsches and ZL1's you have to get creative.

The car has 6 heat exchangers, new cams, heads, rods and pistons, 16.5 inch brakes, Magnetic suspension and probably atleast 70 more HP than the ZL1 and 20 more than the hellcat. and has supposedly already ran 10's

its going to be a beast.

/thread

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
It's been going to be a beast for years now. In another year and it might actually be available? Who knows what else will be out when this thing actually goes on sale.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Now that the GT500 has been unveiled from a looks and styling standpoint I can understand whether people either like the styling/looks of the new GT500 or they don't and I get that.

It is also easy to accept and understand whether individuals like or dislike the various options available for the car. I personally really like the Carbon-Fiber Track Pack Option along with some pretty cool new colors for this outstanding Mustang. If I ordered a new GT500 I would be all over that C-F Track Pack Option and certainly would like to commend Ford on installing a CF drive shaft on this bad ass Mustang as they did back in 2013 and 2014 GT500's.

What really makes me chuckle is when certain individuals start making comparisons between this newly released GT500 and other Pony Cars such as the Camaro and the Challenger from a performance standpoint without having any facts or figures to back up their claims.

In the case of the Demon and Red Eye there is no question that these are one dimensional Pony Cars and would suggest that the real and only competitor from a Pony Car standpoint is going to be the ZL1 1LE therefore I look forward to some upcoming comparisons as to how they do head to head.

To dismiss the new 2020 GT500 from an overall performance standpoint at this point without having any detailed specifications, facts, figures or confirmed performance numbers certainly indicates a great deal of immaturity and also someone that lives in a very different world.

:sunglasses:
This ↑↑↑

Though I am more than moderately disappointed in its current lack of a conventional manual transmission (which might be subject to change, BTW) . . . the biggest disappointment for me is with just one little detail - that kitchen-appliance gear selector knob. In a car built for hard, brutal use? C'mon, Ford.

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I like it but somewhat disappointed after such a long wait. Was hoping it would be a major upgrade over the Camaro and Hellcat performance wise, not so sure it will be.
As far into the realm of diminishing returns as those other cars (in 100% OE street trim) already are, hoping for any huge improvement from basically the same formula (front engine, RWD) is beyond wishful thinking.

Norm

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
It's been going to be a beast for years now. In another year and it might actually be available? Who knows what else will be out when this thing actually goes on sale.
It does not take much to conceive that the 755 HP LT5 is going in the Camaro in a couple of years after GM gets their money out of the ZR1. After all, they put the Z06 LT4 engine in it without lowering horsepower like they used to. They just made it a wet sump instead of dry. So far GM has not done the 'strip down: no back seat" stuff (save for the Z28) like Ford has to make it lighter. So there is still room to lighten the ZL1 1LE.

This is going to be a ride for the ages.....

Sponsored

Aliaszero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
everyone that is chasing numbers needs to chill out. 700+ horsepower basically means this will be 50 more horsepower at least than the previous most powerful mustang. I mean seriously....how many more cars are out there that make at least 700 horsepower or more? 20 in the world and most of those are $150k plus in price? How could you possibly not be happy with a car that runs 10.80s out of the box and is a good track car that keeps up with camaros, vettes, and anything else out there. HOW?! Anyone that is disappointed in anything other than looks or not having a manual is impossible to please and wouldn't have been happy no matter what they did.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
As far into the realm of diminishing returns as those other cars (in 100% OE street trim) already are, hoping for any huge improvement from basically the same formula (front engine, RWD) is beyond wishful thinking.

Norm
I would think sooner or later, Ford and GM will have the AWD version with lower HP like Chrysler has. It will probably be a hybrid, and handle in the corners very well.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Not all S550's are 'pigs'.

That's not entirely true. You'll be quicker with the auto, not necessarily faster.
You'll win any race with the dct. Straight line or road course. Quicker and faster is just semantics.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
It is absolutely not disappointing! Only thing disappointing that I noticed is that the front turn signals appear to be the "older" style with incandescent bulbs. The new LED style front turn signals on 18"+ Mustangs look way better and for the GT500 to not get those is a shame. Hopefully since the pre-production models were shown, the actual production ones get the newer LED style ones.
It also has the old headlights with probably HID bulbs. The GT500 is wearing the body of a 5 year old car with a body kit.