SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
Have You Actually Seen the Car Fox? This is just my speculation based on what I've seen and the Evos. I don't see Ford moving away from a Fastback for the Coupe and it isnt feasible to offer 3 bodystyles any more. Hell Ford couldn't even justify a different trunk for the current Coupes and Convertibles let alone a whole other bodystyle.
Your top render of the 3 is no more "notch", or any less fastback than the current car IMO. More Mustangs had flat trunk lids then they did true fastbacks.
Sponsored

CoyoteMan

The top one is the closest to the real deal, belt line is a bit flatter though. Rear bumper cover does not have the scoop shape on the lower part below the tail light.
Yes I have.
If you have then would you say the rest of that top render is pretty close?

A big mystery seems to be the tail lights. Does this come close to what we would expect to see of the tails from the side view?

FOXSTANG1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
The general details of the top render are very close. The rear lights do not wrap that far into the profile view. Chazcrons 9/25 render post is by far the closest of anything out there, probably 85% accurate.

GTsquid

Interesting. So this one?

Which part of it is not quite there? The rear (I assume)? Since we've seen most of the front in spy pics.

Sponsored

FOXSTANG1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
The rear is actually not that far off. He also has a wire frame done on 9/29 with a rear 3/4 showing the door open that I think will make that details of the side much more accurate than above. Chazcron is DEFINITELY on the right track!!!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I don't think we can expect FOXSTANG1987 to divulge too many details...........but it's really cool to know we have folks on here that have seen it.

I'm hoping, once we get closer to reveal (or just after) they can tell us who they are and what they do, assuming that doesn't cause them difficulties with their employers or Ford.

:)

GTsquid

Thanks Foxstang :thumbsup:

Yes definitely appreciate all the guys in the know here on M6G.... just trying to get what little crumbs they can offer without you guys risking your sources/jobs of course :)

It will be fun to look back on these posts once the car is shown and see how close everyone got.

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
The general details of the top render are very close. The rear lights do not wrap that far into the profile view. Chazcrons 9/25 render post is by far the closest of anything out there, probably 85% accurate.

How close is the fastback profile in Chaz's render? The one area, or profile, I DON'T like on my car, is the straight broadside profile. Too much trunk, as opposed to the 3/4 view from the front, which makes the fastback appear to go further towards the spoiler.

FOXSTANG1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
The trunk appeared to be shorter than the current model and the car definitely has the fastback look i.e. Bentley GT, Austin Martin Vanquish, 911, and of course classic 68 Mustang all come to mind when looking at the rear 3/4. A few details of the reminded of the new M4, such as a slight character line that extends from the corners of the fastback into the trunk lid, the lower part of the front spoiler and if I were a betting man I would say the fender vent will be very similar in appearance with the exception of the Mustang indent is much more pronounced giving the appearance of large hips and slim waist line.

I think Chaz's render will continue to evolve and be as close as one could get with more input others that have seen it. The problem for me is many of the small details that bring the design fully together are not able to be retrieved form memory. If one were able to see it in person that would make a big difference in what details could be recalled.

Sponsored

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
That's exciting! Thanks for the info!!

Oblivion/2

The trunk appeared to be shorter than the current model and the car definitely has the fastback look i.e. Bentley GT, Austin Martin Vanquish, 911, and of course classic 68 Mustang all come to mind when looking at the rear 3/4. A few details of the reminded of the new M4, such as a slight character line that extends from the corners of the fastback into the trunk lid, the lower part of the front spoiler and if I were a betting man I would say the fender vent will be very similar in appearance with the exception of the Mustang indent is much more pronounced giving the appearance of large hips and slim waist line.

All beautiful cars you named so I hope you're right. My main complaint with the current car is the big ass. Shortening the rear deck and overhang is a must for this next one IMO.

K.Lysius

I think Chaz's render will continue to evolve and be as close as one could get with more input others that have seen it. The problem for me is many of the small details that bring the design fully together are not able to be retrieved form memory. If one were able to see it in person that would make a big difference in what details could be recalled.
This actually matches up with an insider on another site that claims the rear end resembles the 68 fastback.

2015 grill.jpg

Looking at Chazcron's overhead modeling shot the tapered roofline into the short rear deck does have some of its cues but the rest of the rear not as much. Does the S550 have similarly shaped trunk line and tail lights placement? It seems we have a good approximation for what the front will look like but the back end is a total mystery right now.
68 fastback rear.jpg

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Chewy

Threads
Reaction score
This actually matches up with an insider on another site that claims the rear end resembles the 68 fastback.

2015 grill.jpg

68's are supposed to have rear quarter panel indicators, that is most likely a 67 in the picture. But the body shape is the same I believe:coolphotos:
Sponsored