Sponsored

All 2015+ Mustang S550 renders / chops compilation

StangFX

Thanks FireHazard... :)

Just for Comparison...
TampaBear, nice work.

If you could swing it, I'd really like to see what this would look like with a less fastback roof line. Not because I'd prefer it but because I think that's what we will see based on clues in the spy photos.

I also think it is still a little too bulky. You should play around with it and see how a much sleeker one would look like. Just a suggestion :)
Sponsored

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
TampaBear, nice work.

If you could swing it, I'd really like to see what this would look like with a less fastback roof line. Not because I'd prefer it but because I think that's what we will see based on clues in the spy photos.

I also think it is still a little too bulky. You should play around with it and see how a much sleeker one would look like. Just a suggestion :)
I agree. Based on the interior shots, I am betting it is less fastback than this -- and I think that would get rid of the appearance of "bulk". This is great work none the less.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
I just wish they make nice looking DRL's... I see some Audis running around here with light "strips" instead of the light "dots" that most cars use... continous LED looks a LOT better...

Though personally I was kind of hoping they'd make round DRL... something akin to the Wildspeed GT350 concept, except they could place the round DRL around the regular light (I believe some BMW's do this). The round "eyes" is part of the Mustang charm to me...

Funny enough, in the above concept the fog lights/DRL's looks a lot bigger than the regular lights... seems kind of weird.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I just wish they make nice looking DRL's... I see some Audis running around here with light "strips" instead of the light "dots" that most cars use... continous LED looks a LOT better...
Agreed.

I've posted this before, so apologies, but Ford got the DRLs perfect on the 13/14 models. Not only do they use the "strips" rather than "dots", but they also recalled the cutouts on the 1970 model. This look could still have been incorporated into the '15 headlamps.

Sadly, from what we've seen to date with the prototypes, the DRLs will be in the lower front bumper. This looks kinda dated, as that's where manufacturers started placing them when DRLs first appeared.

Heck, even the Fiesta has them in the headlamp!

Sponsored

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
attachment.jpg

Yes please. I will take it in a forced induction version with Cobras on the front fenders. :) :headbang:

Prodigy

Tampa, are you able to fill this render in with some paint? It would really show better if we weren't looking at the gray camo underneath.

I like what I'm seeing so far.

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
Agreed.

I've posted this before, so apologies, but Ford got the DRLs perfect on the 13/14 models. Not only do they use the "strips" rather than "dots", but they also recalled the cutouts on the 1970 model. This look could still have been incorporated into the '15 headlamps.

Sadly, from what we've seen to date with the prototypes, the DRLs will be in the lower front bumper. This looks kinda dated, as that's where manufacturers started placing them when DRLs first appeared.

These strips are clear plastic with serrations in the back side. There is just a single source light source at the end of the housing. The serrations reflect the light source to make it look like a solid line.

FoMoCo_Man

***** Stalker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
A little project I have going. I know it's a lot like S197, but to me I wouldn't mind if the S550 had some of the same taillight design language, to keep it looking like a Mustang.
picture.jpg
Did the picture show up? This is my first time posting a photo on a thread. If it looks like it was done on Microsoft Paint...It's because it was.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
Tampa, are you able to fill this render in with some paint? It would really show better if we weren't looking at the gray camo underneath.

I like what I'm seeing so far.
Well I Have, it's Matte Grey now. LOL I wish I had the software and rendering skills to make it a full 3D color image but I've only got Microsoft Paint to work with.

Sponsored

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
Per Several Requests, I tried a Less Fastback Profile with a Flatter Trunk. I Really Don't See the 2015 Looking like this, Especially since the Evos was a Full Fastback Design, but I tried it to appease those that don't like My Original Rendering.

attachment.jpg

146528d1380769492-2015-photoshop-rendering-thread-speculation-4.9k.jpg

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
A little project I have going. I know it's a lot like S197, but to me I wouldn't mind if the S550 had some of the same taillight design language, to keep it looking like a Mustang.
picture.jpg
Did the picture show up? This is my first time posting a photo on a thread. If it looks like it was done on Microsoft Paint...It's because it was.
Those lights make it look like Peugot 508 that passed me the other night... never expected to see "tri bar" lights on the rear of a Peugot - then again I haven't been paying attention to Peugots.

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I very much prefer the new one.
The flatter fastback reminds me too much of my 71 Mach 1.
To my own surprise I find myself very much in agreement. I thought the fastback look he's been working on has looked really good but the short deck lid looks just that much better. Still tough to say what's underneath that tent though.

Mriley

Per Several Requests, I tried a Less Fastback Profile with a Flatter Trunk. I Really Don't See the 2015 Looking like this, Especially since the Evos was a Full Fastback Design, but I tried it to appease those that don't like My Original Rendering.
MUCH better. I'll echo what others have said.... I love fastbacks but just comparing the two renders, the slight change to the roofline makes the rear quarters look a lot sleeker IMO.

Good job.
Sponsored