Sponsored

All 2015+ Mustang S550 renders / chops compilation

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
OK, I Just can't leave well enough alone. I did an In Between model now. Not as Notch like as the last one, but Not a Full Fastback like My Original. What Do You Guys think?

146601d1380881318-2015-photoshop-rendering-thread-speculation-4.9l.jpg

attachment.jpg

146528d1380769492-2015-photoshop-rendering-thread-speculation-4.9k.jpg
Sponsored

Prodigy

TampaBear67 ---- I'm leaning towards the middle one although if you are going to err on either side I say go with the more notch look.

Something minor but I think you have to change the placement of the HIDs. The spy pics have hinted that they are on the outside of the headlight bucket now.

As per chazcron's render, yours should be reversed:

attachment.jpg

:thumbsup:

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
As much as I love the full fastback (with a hatch), the notch looks pretty good. The camo'd cars certainly look like they will have a profile similar to the notch. I wonder if the platform required a non-hatch abbreviated fastback with big c-pillars to maintain rigidity and handle big power through the IRS?

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
Per Several Requests, I tried a Less Fastback Profile with a Flatter Trunk. I Really Don't See the 2015 Looking like this, Especially since the Evos was a Full Fastback Design, but I tried it to appease those that don't like My Original Rendering.

attachment.jpg
Awesome!

Based on the interior shots and the shape/orientation of the c-pillar in relation to the quarter window, I think(and hope) this is MUCH closer to what we will get than the full fast-back. *edit* If someone comes in and says otherwise, I will be highly disappointed.

The flatter deck-lid really eliminates the visual bulk of the full fast-back.

Sponsored

DIB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger
FROM Hemmings Muscle Car Magazine
2015 Mustang Rumors
Half-a-year limited run, dropping pounds, and international attention

The collector world does enjoy a self-conscious throwback to a previous era. And so it shouldn't be any surprise that there’s recent talk that Ford's first thousand or so new-generation Mustangs, timed to launch with the 50th anniversary of the venerable pony car nameplate in April 2014, will be considered 2014 1/2 models. There won't be any other alterations—no performance parts or special pieces beyond a build number and a specific VIN.

We're also hearing that the Mustang is going on a bit of a diet: about 400 pounds, if the rumors are true. (A current Mustang is the lightest of the pony car crop at roughly 3,400 pounds; a Camaro is perilously close to 3,900 pounds, and the Challenger tips two tons.) The diet will pay dividends in terms of acceleration, handling and braking, not to mention the ever-more-important fuel economy numbers. lt’s also set to be a smaller car—more than a foot shorter than the current model, with shorter overhangs, and considerably narrower, too. The aluminum-intensive construction will come at a price, however: expect MSRP to jump about ten percent across the board.

Not that this last bit will affect us directly, but the next Mustang will be sold in Australia, come 2016. Ford sold the original Mustang there and built it in RHD form, briefly, in the early days; the Blue Oval folks built Mustangs and converted them for the Australian market in the early 2000s, also briefly. Australia's Herald Sun newspaper expects the price to be “close to $50,000" for the V-8 powered Mustang, which is the only version they’re getting. Tellingly, it's coming around the time that Ford is phasing out the legendary Falcon nameplate and its bespoke rear-drive chassis.
2015 Mustang.jpg

Powderd Toast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
17 Platinum White GT
I'm personnaly a bigger fan of your true fastback render, but I wouldn't think twice about throwing my money at ford for any of the three.

Melino

OK, I Just can't leave well enough alone. I did an In Between model now. Not as Notch like as the last one, but Not a Full Fastback like My Original. What Do You Guys think?

146601d1380881318-2015-photoshop-rendering-thread-speculation-4.9l.jpg

attachment.jpg

146528d1380769492-2015-photoshop-rendering-thread-speculation-4.9k.jpg

I'd say go with the top or middle one man.

The full fastback one is too tall in the back. This spy shot and others are pretty much telling us it's not going to look like that.

The pic suggests it'll either be more Notchback looking or have a flatter roofline overall.

9785653802_0e21b513e6_h.jpg

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
FROM Hemmings Muscle Car Magazine
2015 Mustang Rumors
Half-a-year limited run, dropping pounds, and international attention

The collector world does enjoy a self-conscious throwback to a previous era. And so it shouldn't be any surprise that there’s recent talk that Ford's first thousand or so new-generation Mustangs, timed to launch with the 50th anniversary of the venerable pony car nameplate in April 2014, will be considered 2014 1/2 models. There won't be any other alterations—no performance parts or special pieces beyond a build number and a specific VIN.

We're also hearing that the Mustang is going on a bit of a diet: about 400 pounds, if the rumors are true. (A current Mustang is the lightest of the pony car crop at roughly 3,400 pounds; a Camaro is perilously close to 3,900 pounds, and the Challenger tips two tons.) The diet will pay dividends in terms of acceleration, handling and braking, not to mention the ever-more-important fuel economy numbers. lt’s also set to be a smaller car—more than a foot shorter than the current model, with shorter overhangs, and considerably narrower, too. The aluminum-intensive construction will come at a price, however: expect MSRP to jump about ten percent across the board.

Not that this last bit will affect us directly, but the next Mustang will be sold in Australia, come 2016. Ford sold the original Mustang there and built it in RHD form, briefly, in the early days; the Blue Oval folks built Mustangs and converted them for the Australian market in the early 2000s, also briefly. Australia's Herald Sun newspaper expects the price to be “close to $50,000" for the V-8 powered Mustang, which is the only version they’re getting. Tellingly, it's coming around the time that Ford is phasing out the legendary Falcon nameplate and its bespoke rear-drive chassis.
Some info in there just seems to be regurgitated rumors. Various posts on weight from massive weight loss, to no change, to weight gain have been stated. Comparisons of wheel/tire from mules to current car seem to imply similar wheel base, but still unknown about an overall reduction in size.

An anniversary 'package' that is no more special than a number? Hard to believe.

The most ludicrous thought is a 10% price increase across the board. Would be suicide for the Mustang.

Honesty

town crier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i
I know it's a bit off topic, but 10% would only be about 2-3.5K, and it'd still have way better value than the competition. I would bet Ford dealers will mark up the new model more than 10% over what they normally do due to interest in the product while it's hot.

Sponsored

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
Funny I am quite the oopposite. The notch look would almost certainly kill the car for me. I could live with the middle interpretation, but admit I far prefer the full fastback look.

FOXSTANG1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
The top one is the closest to the real deal, belt line is a bit flatter though. Rear bumper cover does not have the scoop shape on the lower part below the tail light.

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I know it's a bit off topic, but 10% would only be about 2-3.5K, and it'd still have way better value than the competition. I would bet Ford dealers will mark up the new model more than 10% over what they normally do due to interest in the product while it's hot.
2K on a bottom tier Mustang.... maybe it ends up working out okay, but talking about almost $4,000 on a GT Premium? Fat chance. People have already been discussing for a few years now how the GT is slowly slipping away from who it was once directed toward.

The GT would have to have every positive rumor come true and no negative rumor in order to justify that price and from what we're hearing that isn't the case. I'm in the market for the equivalent to a GT Premium now in the 2015 and if the comparable price is 10% higher I will not buy it. Add on top potential dealer markup... forget about it.

Of these recent changes the notch style with a deck lid looks best. As many have said it isn't practical to have 3 different body styles and control cost.

Honesty

town crier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i
Still insane value even starting at 34,000 for a GT tbh. If it's superior to an M3 in performance, I don't really see any problem with that sort of price tag, especially considering it's safe and has a decent interior and could actually have a modern car's rear suspension.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
The top one is the closest to the real deal, belt line is a bit flatter though. Rear bumper cover does not have the scoop shape on the lower part below the tail light.
Have You Actually Seen the Car Fox? This is just my speculation based on what I've seen and the Evos. I don't see Ford moving away from a Fastback for the Coupe and it isnt feasible to offer 3 bodystyles any more. Hell Ford couldn't even justify a different trunk for the current Coupes and Convertibles let alone a whole other bodystyle.
Sponsored