Sponsored

All 2015+ Mustang S550 renders / chops compilation

JackHoya

The GT front view will be cleaner than the GT500. The upper grill opening will be slightly shorter - closer to the EVOS grill but the lower details will be different - like the lower opening, fog light details etc. Rocker panels will also be slightly slimmer and I'll tone the wheels back some - maybe even on the GT500 version so they look a little less concept like - closer to real proportions maybe. What color should I do for the GT? I was thinking a nice deep blue color?

J
I always have mixed feelings about design changes that take away from the aggressive look of the car and "tone it down" for the sake of refinement. Part of what I love about the gt500 is that big mouthy grille with the shark like nose. It's a mean looking car. The evos screams aston martin to me which isn't necess a bad thing, but it just doesn't look like a muscle car anymore. The hood slopes down too much, the grille and headlights are too thin and sleek and it's overall got too many curves and not enough hard creases which is more appropriate for the fusion line IMO.

I would be OK with a more evos inspired front if the sides/rear were more aggressive. Bigger hips, side scoop, fastback and concave rear/triple verticle taillights. Kind of like the Mach 40 but with a more modern front/grille. Just my 2c.
Sponsored

Prodigy

Look, I'm all for keeping the core Mustang base happy, but Ford needs to revitalize the Mustang with more than the same ole same old. Camaro is thumping Mustang in sales every year and just got a whole lot of people excited with the z/28. It's time to move forward. A simple redesign wont' do it. It needs to do something big and get people talking IMHO.

OKCfan

Kinda an offbeat looking one, very different looking from most of the renders.
15GT11.jpg

stangray11

^^^^^The front and grill area looks too much like Mach 5 concept for my taste.

Here are a few interesting ones I've seen floating around.

2015 mustang rear sketch (seymen).jpg

A full fastback modern Mustang. Don't know how I feel about this one. Looks off to me but there are some possibilities here. Perhaps this is what the clay models had in mind?

Rear-of-2015-Ford-Mustang-Concept.jpg

This I like. It's based off the Giugiaro Mustang concept, which I also like (below). The grill is much wider than the Giugiaro.

2013 Fusion Center Stack.jpg
Giugiaro Mustang concept.jpg
Mustang2015.jpg
ford-mustang-giugiaro-concept-photos-pictures-3255064.jpg

KZStang

I always have mixed feelings about design changes that take away from the aggressive look of the car and "tone it down" for the sake of refinement. Part of what I love about the gt500 is that big mouthy grille with the shark like nose. It's a mean looking car. The evos screams aston martin to me which isn't necess a bad thing, but it just doesn't look like a muscle car anymore. The hood slopes down too much, the grille and headlights are too thin and sleek and it's overall got too many curves and not enough hard creases which is more appropriate for the fusion line IMO.

I would be OK with a more evos inspired front if the sides/rear were more aggressive. Bigger hips, side scoop, fastback and concave rear/triple verticle taillights. Kind of like the Mach 40 but with a more modern front/grille. Just my 2c.
You realize that in order for this car to sell (well) globally it is a virtual guarantee that it will have more sleek curves and a less aggressive look if simply by virtue of it being a slimmer body (but also because it appeals more to a non-american audience) right? If you can imagine the possibitilies if Ford can create a Mustang that is a global not just american icon, you can understand why they may want to go in that direction.

A full fastback modern Mustang. Don't know how I feel about this one. Looks off to me but there are some possibilities here. Perhaps this is what the clay models had in mind?
I like it! I think a little flattened out and lower center of gravity to the whole thing and it's a winner. Praying for a revival of the full fastback. :hail:

Sponsored

Mach1

Isn't the giugiaro concept EXACTLY what ford is going for with this next gen Mustang anyways? A modern, more global (european) take on the S197. For better or worse, I think the s550 will look something like this.......

NRMStand

The fastback is interesting. I think it should be slimmed down overall, too much bulk. We need slimmer/lighter/lower profile. Side scoop should be longer down to near the rear fender and the quarter window should be angled downwards at the rear to occupy more of the c pillar. Overall a little boxy and would do well with just a few more curves IMHO

stangray11

Isn't the giugiaro concept EXACTLY what ford is going for with this next gen Mustang anyways? A modern, more global (european) take on the S197. For better or worse, I think the s550 will look something like this.......
Yes I believe so too. There are elements of it that are too concept-like -- for example that all-glass roof, but if you look at the rear (with the exception of the triple taillights which are also too concept-like), it does have elements that remind me of some older mustangs like the Mach 1. I think this would be a good compromise for a lot of fans.

Mustang GT Size Comparison.jpg
mustang-concept-car-giugiaro.jpg

Melino

man that is a REALLY nice looking mustang, i even like the orange. the only thing i would change is the size. shorten up the front and overall height and i would buy that in a heartbeat.

im assuming they never put this concept into production?

Oblivion/2

A nice looking car does not always equal a nice looking mustang to me. My test is always: if you remove the pony, can you still instantly recognize it as a mustang? To me, the giugiaro concept and a lot of the more recent renders do. The R&T renders and others that look way more Evos, don't to me. They look nice, but they just aren't mustangs... but I think we're getting close.

Sponsored

stangray11

A nice looking car does not always equal a nice looking mustang to me. My test is always: if you remove the pony, can you still instantly recognize it as a mustang? To me, the giugiaro concept and a lot of the more recent renders do. The R&T renders and others that look way more Evos, don't to me. They look nice, but they just aren't mustangs... but I think we're getting close.
Agree for the most part, but I think the nose needs to be meaner on this car. It's too linear and generic looking. It would be a mistake to go the way of the Camaro and decrease the grille profile IMO.

But I'd still take this over the all-in-one Fusion hood/grille remakes that Ford seems to be doing to its entire lineup. The spy shots we saw of the nose on that mule really worried me. The Mustang should look nothing like a Fusion. :doh:

groundnpounder

This thing is pretty, but too sleek and euro for my taste. Needs to have more muscle car aggressiveness to it.

Now THIS would be perfect!

NRMStand

How's the sketch coming along Johnny? No rush, just anxious :)
When is the latest going to be in MM&FF?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Hey guys, just stumbled upon this site. Wow - didn't know my artwork was posted up here. Glad to see some input on it. The other black and white line art sketch with the Muscle Mustangs logo on it is also mine. That was my first stab at it. The gray rendered one was version 2. These first 2 concepts are very rough.
Now there's version 3 which is dialed in and rendered photo realistic, very tight and clean concept. Unfortunately I cannot really show it since it's been submitted to be in the next issue of MM&FF. I think in my honest opinion it's the best 2015 Mustang concept on the internet. I may be biased but with the exciting reaction I got from MM&FF magazine staff I think it's fair to say I developed a strong concept. For now all I can say is it's a GT500 and it's red - here's the teaser! More to come!

John, thanks for sharing your thoughts on your renders.. it's a great resource for us here who can at least share thoughts about the s550 despite being starved for info from Ford. I actually thought your gray rendering was pretty spot on although the version 1 had a lot of elements I'd like to see in a mustang.

I'm curious about your thinking behind the version 1 sketch... I really liked it, tho the sharper lines, bigger hips, more angular look, large cowl hood, and generally larger/flatter hood and thinner grille area all reminded me of the styling language of the Camaro. Not a bad thing since I actually think the Camaro is a looker. The sketch also seemed to lose the c-scoop we're used to seeing with the Stang which I think you incorporated more with the gray render. Was the camaro influence intentional with the version 1 sketch?

The gray one definitely has a more modern/evos inspired look to it. Don't know what the rear looks like, but at least the 3/4 view looks more distinctively mustang look than the Evos, which is a definite plus in my book. :clap2:
Firstly, welcome Johnny. Like many here and on other forums, I'm blown away by your two concept sketches. As mentioned, above, the first sketch has extra aggression, although I agree I see a fair bit of Camaro "edge" styling in there. No bad thing, as I love the look of the Camaro, too.

The second rendering seems a bit more "realistic"........or at least what I'd expect S550 to look like.

I can't wait to see your next rendering.

I'm also interested in your background. Can you share any of your previous work? A new thread might be better placed, especially of some are non-Mustang related.

:)
Sponsored