Alignment Help

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Hey guys. I got an alignment today, but I don't know what I'm looking at on these sheets so experienced input would be great. I asked for the Performance Package specs since I recently had those dampers installed along with BMR springs and Steeda shock mounts. I got 2 sheets, one before and after I guess. Goal is just a spirited daily driver. I've only driven 15ish miles so far and seems fine...anything to be worried about?
alignment start.jpg
alignment final.jpg
Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Hey guys. I got an alignment today, but I don't know what I'm looking at on these sheets so experienced input would be great. I asked for the Performance Package specs since I recently had those dampers installed along with BMR springs and Steeda shock mounts. I got 2 sheets, one before and after I guess. Goal is just a spirited daily driver. I've only driven 15ish miles so far and seems fine...anything to be worried about?
They look alright...the guys didn't bother to do the caster sweep, not that it matters in this case.

If it was me, I would have put less camber on the rear than the front in order to have less understeer.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
They look alright...the guys didn't bother to do the caster sweep, not that it matters in this case.

If it was me, I would have put less camber on the rear than the front in order to have less understeer.
Agreed. Everything looks good, but I'd get that rear camber to around -1.3-1.5, as even as possible.

OP
OP

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Ok to get the rear to -1.3-1.5, and driver front to -1.4 at the same time I'm guessing. Think there will be any issues getting the rear back to that point?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ok to get the rear to -1.3-1.5, and driver front to -1.4 at the same time I'm guessing. Think there will be any issues getting the rear back to that point?
You're kinda stuck in the front without camber plates or bolts, but they looked ok. They can get a little bit by loosening the strut nuts and shifting it, but only about 0.1 deg.

Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd put the rear camber at 1.2 and toe at 0.1...which is my exact setup (1.5 and 0 on the front, very similar to your sheet).

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Factory spec for rear camber is like 1.5 degrees (plus or minus). I'm not sure I'd recommend going less than that.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Factory spec for rear camber is like 1.5 degrees (plus or minus). I'm not sure I'd recommend going less than that.
It's 0.8-2.3 negative. Around -1.3-1.5 is good for street use. More than that for track use, sure, with corresponding added front camber.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is done that way only for understeer tuning purposes

Most cars have the rear to be more negative to induce understeer for safety purposes, including the stang. You can see that most cars have a splayed rear with relatively vertical front.

I think that the rear being approx 0.25-0.5 more positive than the front is a good compromise for a corner carving street car (square setup) assuming a front camber range of -1.5 to -2. There are way more factors at hand here, just my opinion as a guideline...

None2Slow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Performance package
I have the Performance pack and I'm eating the insides of my front tires. I still have 85% tread left on the outsides, but none on the insides. When I got these tires, I told them i DIDN'T want the PP alignment because this was why I replaced the last set of tires. This is my daily and I do mostly freeway driving. What should I be asking for when I get next set of front tires?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Performance pack and I'm eating the insides of my front tires. I still have 85% tread left on the outsides, but none on the insides. When I got these tires, I told them i DIDN'T want the PP alignment because this was why I replaced the last set of tires. This is my daily and I do mostly freeway driving. What should I be asking for when I get next set of front tires?
Zero front toe (as in 0.00 +/- 0.01 each side) PP camber settings aren't anywhere near aggressive enough to cause excessive wear. Pirelli Pzeros also have a history of wearing funny and are just garbage street tires anyway.

None2Slow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Performance package
I wore the for the Pirellis out in about 20,000 miles. Bought some all season Yokohamas. At 32,000 there worn out on the insides. I'll try and get a picture tomorrow.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
my sheet looked the same as yours only i ran -1.7 rear camber my front was the same as yours.. i had 0 toe.. with sve drift rims 275/35 tires all around and was dropped on cjpp springs and it handled nice..
im getting my new car dialed in this spring i did min drop springs with the s/c it dropped the front 1.2... rear 3/4 of a inch.. i had it aligned close to spec .. but im going to get it dialed in after i do camber bolts and some more irs stuff this spring
Sponsored