Sponsored

Aircon stopped working

Krispy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang GT S Code
^^ You want to get the parts on order at the least!

Just set the temps to freezing cold, below outside air temps, and see what happens.
Yeah that doesn't make any difference Hellman. Mine was set to "Lo" which is as low as it goes and it still blows warm air. Better off turning off the aircon and opening the window.
Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You got air yet, [MENTION=15485]MustangDownUnder[/MENTION]?
Part has arrived. Car booked in to have it replaced in a couple weeks. (Had to wait a bit longer to have the loan car for two days)

Bushranger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT auto fastback
After my whining supercharger like noise returned, the service department checked the refrigerant level and it was within acceptable tolerance, i.e. no apparent leaking since the previous re gas. So they determined the compressor was faulty (due to the original claim that the system had been under gassed from the factory). The compressor was replaced 3 weeks ago (they left the system under vacuum for a few hours and no loss of vacuum) and so far so good. I will be watching this like a hawk this Summer. I cannot complain about the level of service, but the general evaporator issue is still on my mind.

Sponsored

Krispy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang GT S Code
Feeling cool

Air con back on line now. My only concern is that they replaced the faulty compressor and condensers with the same parts so no guarantee they will last any longer than the original ones. At least it was all under the bonnet and the dash didn't have to come out. Seems like any or all parts of the air conditioning system are faulty.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like any or all parts of the air conditioning system are faulty.
I suspect that the core issue in the majority of cases is the evaporator.

These 'fixes' that some of us are getting, if experiences in the U.S. are anything to go by, are destined to be short lived.

Ford seem to be banking on the cheap (temporary) solutions outlasting the warranty period.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
If an issue arises in the warranty period, and the issue persists beyond the warranty period, a dealer would be unwise to try and then call that issue 'out of warranty'. Also since 2011 even if an item is out of warranty and breaks but really shouldn't according to reasonable expectation, eg engine after 4 years and service history, again they don't have much chance of avoiding their responsibilities:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-06-07/broken-but-out-of-warranty-you-still-have-rights/2749924

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So not only do I have the pleasure of a Ford dealer pulling my car apart, i also have to drive an eco-boost for a couple of days :brokenheart:
IMG_8406.JPG

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
So not only do I have the pleasure of a Ford dealer pulling my car apart, i also have to drive an eco-boost for a couple of days :brokenheart:
It's a step up from the EcoSport that I was given as a loaner for a warranty issue. That particular vehicle is a blight on humanity.

By all reports it's going to be a stinking hot weekend, so you'll likely need that aircon pumping.

Sponsored

jank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT TY
Not too bad, though the stickers are on the nose. I've had an EcoSport (which seemed to me to be a lifted hatchback) and a Fiesta which was also covered with stickers. Rental cars are more subtle :ninja:

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anyway, got the car back on Friday, looks like they did a good job, nothing looks damaged or evident that the dash had been pulled apart!

So, pretty happy with that! Air-conditioning now works.

My car was about the 4-5th evaporator unit this dealership has replaced, so they have done a couple now and they get one guy to do this specific job. So i dont know how other dealerships do it, but end result was positive here.

Only one minor thing, and something to check if anyone gets theirs done.
- check the car over (obviously) but do make sure you check the coolant level. They lose some while fixing the evaporator unit, and they did top it off again, but between the workshop and where they parked it for me to pick it up, the level had dropped due to some air in the system working its way out.

I checked it all over before I started the car and the coolant was very low (like bottom of overflow tank low) which I brought to their attention, and they topped it off. Happy days.
But i wouldnt have been impressed if I had driven away with it like that and found it later.

So.... big job, glad its taken care of under warranty. Hopefully this part number actually fixes the issue, will find out in about a year when my warranty runs out i guess. :shrug:

watchman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang GT magnetic
another air con failure

I noticed my air con was dead about a month ago . it may have happened earlier but don't use it in winter . the car is now 19 months old . I took it to Brad Garlick the dealer and mentioned this thread and the evaporator . The head of service scoffed saying they have never had any evaporator failures , they said it was out of gas and there was no leak so regassed it . the unit is working for now but I have a feeling I will be back!

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
I noticed my air con was dead about a month ago . it may have happened earlier but don't use it in winter . the car is now 19 months old . I took it to Brad Garlick the dealer and mentioned this thread and the evaporator . The head of service scoffed saying they have never had any evaporator failures , they said it was out of gas and there was no leak so regassed it . the unit is working for now but I have a feeling I will be back!
I'd be a bit worried about an attitude like that.:paddle: Where does he think it went if it doesn't have a leak.
He is obviously not very well informed.
Sponsored