Air vent for fog light housing for 2015 base model

mookieit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2015 v6
Was wondering if there are air vents for the solid plastic on the fog light housing?

Wanted to put air vents so it can look better and I think it will also add more air flow to the chassis (I may be wrong on increased air flow)

Please share any insight on this and if you know where can I purchase this?

IMG_1073.jpeg
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Performance Pack S550s have the vented plastics in that area. However for it to be totally functional (not just a hole) the inner wheel liners also have to be swapped out. I can’t recall if the belly pan also has to be swapped or not…

The purpose is to drive incoming air over the front brake rotors, not to accumulate more air under the car (it’s not a Boeing)….

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Wouldn't any airflow from there just be pushed into the wheel well liner?

I think most people with vents there (like the Raxiom Halos) use ducting. On that note, I think it was determined that increasing the size of the brake deflector vanes was more beneficial and easier to do, see Vorshlag or GTP's deflectors.

Performance Pack S550s have the vented plastics in that area. However for it to be totally functional (not just a hole) the inner wheel liners also have to be swapped out. I can’t recall if the belly pan also has to be swapped or not…

The purpose is to drive incoming air over the front brake rotors, not to accumulate more air under the car (it’s not a Boeing)….
That's interesting, I thought the venting was through the belly pan only. PP belly pan definitely has ducts. Maybe it's both?

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
I know there are vents that you can replace the blank lower fog light housing areas with but they are just vents? Its not like these direct air anywhere... the air would just circle around behind the front bumper and engine bay area. I think this kind of stuff is more for looks than anything functional.

LOL maybe you can take some tubing and direct the air yourself to someplace. Haha.
Someone can probably advise better or maybe this is just what you are looking for.
These are the ones I've seen on cars at Cars&Coffee. I'm not a fan but everyone has their own ideas! ✌

1715086124744-k6.png

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Wouldn't any airflow from there just be pushed into the wheel well liner?

I think most people with vents there (like the Raxiom Halos) use ducting. On that note, I think it was determined that increasing the size of the brake deflector vanes was more beneficial and easier to do, see Vorshlag or GTP's deflectors.

That's interesting, I thought the venting was through the belly pan only. PP belly pan definitely has ducts. Maybe it's both?
The factory PP wheel well liners have the associated cutout for the lower bumper cover vent and parts. It’s been a while since I looked at a 2015-2017 or even my own PP 2018, but the purpose of the factory PP venting is to drive air over the front rotors and wheels. This type of venting is also used by other vehicle manufacturers, varying in style, size and if or if not using additional ducting parameters. The true way to cool front rotors would be duct work coming from the nose of the vehicle and secured to a proper brake splash shield provisioned to accept the ductwork - so the air is totally direct. This of course isn’t needed for just daily putzing around or street drivers, but is more extreme and needed for dedicated track cars where excessive heat is a problem.

The Non-PP S550’s with fogs don’t have the venting (ie: honeycombs opened) or the rest of the parts. The same is true with the OP’s pic, no provisions. Early on in this site, there have been folks that found their Non-PP S550’s to have the vented front panel, but it vented behind and to a closed wheel well liner. Most likely assembly line parts picking error. Then the same but opposite happened with PP owners where they didn’t have the vented front panel when it should have been present… again probably assembly line error.

Here’s what the OP needs (partially) if he’s wanting to replace the lower bumper panels on his S550 with the PP ones that have the fog light provision and the venting part. This was a response by Benny a few years back and it’s for the 2015-2017 only:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/help-finding-this-part.154935/#post-3157447

OP would need to source the inner wheel well liners and possibly belly pan along with any other necessary mounting hardware.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mookieit

mookieit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2015 v6
I know there are vents that you can replace the blank lower fog light housing areas with but they are just vents? Its not like these direct air anywhere... the air would just circle around behind the front bumper and engine bay area. I think this kind of stuff is more for looks than anything functional.

LOL maybe you can take some tubing and direct the air yourself to someplace. Haha.
Someone can probably advise better or maybe this is just what you are looking for.
These are the ones I've seen on cars at Cars&Coffee. I'm not a fan but everyone has their own ideas! ✌

1715086124744-k6.png
is that an oem part? Do you have a link or a part number for that please ?

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
is that an oem part? Do you have a link or a part number for that please ?
No that is not an OEM part, I found it somewhere online but it is specifically for the GT350 I think... might fit the GT350 styled bumper but I don't know if it will fit a regular model.
Sponsored