Sponsored

Adding more MyColor LED's

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Sorry if I'm missing something, but these harnesses are being tapped into the passenger (and driver I'm assuming) footwell from the door? Is it possible for someone to write a rough step-by step? I'm just not seeing how this is wired. (through the door molex?) and are these like Amazon-tier RGB strips with the oem footwell harnesses spliced in or something? Sorry again.

Thanks.

Bandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT ruby red
You simply tap them into the harness for the interior door handle lights.

Sponsored

Brad2579

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Sorry if I'm missing something, but these harnesses are being tapped into the passenger (and driver I'm assuming) footwell from the door? Is it possible for someone to write a rough step-by step? I'm just not seeing how this is wired. (through the door molex?) and are these like Amazon-tier RGB strips with the oem footwell harnesses spliced in or something? Sorry again.

Thanks.
I haven’t actually completed the job yet. Waiting for the lights to come. I do have the door panel off though. You will be able to tap into the mycolor harass that already exists in the door for the mycolor lights that illuminate the door handle area. There is a small opening at the backside of the storage compartment where you can insert the wiring from inside the door into the storage compartment. You could also Dremel a hole and mount the light inside the door. I’ve attached a couple pictures for reference
55CAD9F1-3C6A-4D04-86DC-B31B13DBA735.jpeg
DB7A52EC-710E-489E-A706-030FFDE0A767.jpeg
D468DC51-72A8-4D7A-8FC4-7B30A50DEE4F.jpeg

Brad2579

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
So where did you folks source these ford mycolour led modules from?
I would recommend shopping around. I bought two light harnesses from eBay for a Ford Edge. They were new, better priced than the mustang ones and they came with two separate mycolor lights on one harness, so now I will have two extra lights to put somewhere else if I want.

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
I would recommend shopping around. I bought two light harnesses from eBay for a Ford Edge. They were new, better priced than the mustang ones and they came with two separate mycolor lights on one harness, so now I will have two extra lights to put somewhere else if I want.
Hi ,
Might you have a part number for that?
Thanks

Sponsored

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
In the picture posted by @Brad2579 does any one know the part number for the other end of the plug that plugs into the end with the white tab?
Thanks

Jo3f1sh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hopped on this thread hoping I might see some MyColor solutions for the rest of the instrument lights so everything matches with the ambient lighting.

Kind of a bummer we can set the ambient lights and gauge colors, but are stuck with teal for everything else. Kind of clashes IMO.