Sponsored

Adding more MyColor LED's

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
@Brad2579 Where would be a good place to tap into for power for the lighted cup holders?
Thanks
Sponsored

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you adding the mycolor cup holders?
Update: search illuminated mycolor cupholder install @zackmd1 did a good write-up on this.
I am trying to add this. I ordered the my color kit and am looking to get the the lighted door sills and cup holder installed
Thanks, i will look into this

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
Strange how you folks have a different harness code to me...
20200414_213236.jpg

Brad2579

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Strange how you folks have a different harness code to me...
20200414_213236.jpg
I bought the ones that goes to a Ford edge because it comes with two LED lights on each harness. The plan is to take one light and install in the storage compartment and the other from that harness and install it under the seat or somewhere else I want more mycolor lights. It was a better bang for your buck getting this harness.
A685C60C-E6A1-4F80-B5B4-4CA8C1089D0F.jpeg

Sponsored

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
Thank you friend. I'll search for your part number instead.

Zambonicassoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Need for Green Ecoboost 101a
What would I look under on Ford part sites to find the footwell lights? I plan to try and find them used or from a junkyard, but I'd like an idea of what they classify under. Any part number I use comes up blank. As a slight aside, I'm also trying to figure out where they run to inside the vehicle, anyone know where they plug into?

Edit: Answered the second half myself, the socket is on the passenger side footwell and it looks like the harness goes to the driver side from there, couldn't find the connector on the driver side however, though it's a lot more cramped on that side to find anything.

Last edited:

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick question guys. I have the my color kit on it's way to me. I also have the my color cupholders to wire up. Since the kit comes with two rgb bulbs I was thinking I should run them to the door handle. Has anyone done this or know if the base car interior handle has a spot to put those in or should I order those with the bulb already in it?
Thanks

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
Would adding aditional modules damage anything? Would it overload some control system somewhere? What is the limit?

Zambonicassoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Quick question guys. I have the my color kit on it's way to me. I also have the my color cupholders to wire up. Since the kit comes with two rgb bulbs I was thinking I should run them to the door handle. Has anyone done this or know if the base car interior handle has a spot to put those in or should I order those with the bulb already in it?
Thanks
I would assume your door panel is the same as all other Mustangs, check in the door handle pocket towards the upper front of it, there should be a small hole there, that's where the light is placed. I'm not sure if the light kit bulbs are small enough to fit through the door handle holes, they are pretty small so it's possible the might not include a size that fits.

Sponsored

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll have to see what it looks like when the kit gets here. I figure that since I had them and they aren't going anywhere I should extend them to the doors. I am hoping to tap into the PRNDS light to get power. Hope it can support it.
Thanks

Zambonicassoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
If anyone is looking for the OEM foot well lights or door handle lights, the part is #14A318X (X being A-E for the specific part) for everything but the passenger foot well light. The passenger side foot well light is #14A411, and they list two separate lights, one less interior group, one w/ interior group. No idea what the difference means there, but I ordered one with the interior group.

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Guys, Quick question. How hard was it to get the wires from the cabin to the doors? Looking for a video but not much luck
Tks

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If anyone is looking for the OEM foot well lights or door handle lights, the part is #14A318X (X being A-E for the specific part) for everything but the passenger foot well light. The passenger side foot well light is #14A411, and they list two separate lights, one less interior group, one w/ interior group. No idea what the difference means there, but I ordered one with the interior group.
This is a good find. Tks

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
What did you guys pay for this part . My local dealer spare parts department quoted me $300. Lol
Sponsored